If you don't support Bush you are morally and intellectually confused - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2006, 03:57 AM   #76
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Maoilbheannacht

The enemy has been contained enough that they have been unable to prevent the progress that has been made in the country over the past two years. In addition, a fully built Iraqi military will likely be many times more effective in this sort of a situation since they all speak the language and know the the customs and traditions to a degree that is hard even for the experienced foreigner to have.

Wow, not even Bush or Sting2 has the optimism to say that...

Old 09-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #77
JCR
The Fly

Location: Higley, Arizona (it's a chunk of land in Gilbert AZ)
Local Time: 02:49 PM
I'd like to know where Maoil...nacht is getting this rosy picture of Iraq?

Old 09-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #78
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Wow, not even Bush or Sting2 has the optimism to say that...
Well, General Casey has mentioned some of these factors before. Plus, I don't think the descriptions above are rosy. Were talking about years of commitment for the process to work.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 03:49 PM
I'm morally and intellectually confused then...but someones probably already said it.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #80
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Maoilbheannacht

Well, General Casey has mentioned some of these factors before. Plus, I don't think the descriptions above are rosy. Were talking about years of commitment for the process to work.
Yes...far from rosy; hope the American people are into the notion of "years of commitment":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...100610_pf.html
Pentagon Gives Gloomy Iraq Report

By ROBERT BURNS
The Associated Press
Friday, September 1, 2006; 4:13 PM

WASHINGTON -- Sectarian violence is spreading in Iraq and the security problems have become more complex than at any time since the U.S. invasion in 2003, a Pentagon report said Friday.

In a notably gloomy report to Congress, the Pentagon reported that illegal militias have become more entrenched, especially in Baghdad neighborhoods where they are seen as providers of both security and basic social services.

The report described a rising tide of sectarian violence, fed in part by interference from neighboring Iran and Syria and driven by a "vocal minority" of religious extremists who oppose the idea of a democratic Iraq.

Death squads targeting mainly Iraqi civilians are a growing problem, heightening the risk of civil war, the report said.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #81
The Fly

Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dietcokeofevil
GOD! I am sooooo confused morally! Please help me see the light, King George!
He's on TV right now-preaching to his carefully screened chiors. On his 2006 Fall Tour to turn the tide...supporting act Rumsfield-say it and it will be so...I say we start keeping a tally on how many times this president utters the word "appreciate" as he seems to think its a salvo for all.

Uh oh-there's the word facism...wtf? Now he's talking about more money in my pocket...hmmmm, sounds good, tax cuts...sounds good except I don't make $127,000.00 a year. And how will govt. services get paid for? Oh...they'll be eliminated? Hmmmm Actually I have to change the channel-I feel the queasiness coming on...yes he is...he's going right into no child left behind. Maybe it will become mandatory for every sperm to fertilize an egg-otherwise it's murder of egg/sperm material...

Saw a bumper sticker the other day: 01-20-09 and in small print below it: His last day on the job! Tried to pull up to the driver to see where he got it, but traffic didn't match. The car was a Chrysler of some kind-the couple looked to be seniors.

01-20-09 His last day on the job
Old 09-02-2006, 12:09 PM   #82
War Child

Love it.