If You Can't Beat 'Em - Join 'Em

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:
Yet, there does not seem to be any substantive material differnece between the candidates.

Which is why you're casting your ballot for Kerry, right? ;)

I'm not sure if I agree with the analysis in the article, though. Pointing out Bush's foreign policy failures and their possible ramifications seems to me to be a fair topic for discussion. If Bush and his surrogates continue to paint Kerry as "weak" on terror, it does Kerry little good to try and take the high road and not point out Bush's own failings in that area.

Let's see...pointing out the direction to which things are going in Iraq, which no matter what side most agree it's not going exactly as planned, and then telling people if you vote for this person you will get attacked.

Yeah sounds about the same to me.:|

nbcrusader said:

I thought this nation was soooooo divided by Bush. Yet, there does not seem to be any substantive material differnece between the candidates.

is ther ever any real substantive material difference between candidates? no, not in my opinion at least. that's the way the system was designed. american 'democracy' at work, folks.

-> 7
i've got soul, but i'm not a soldier.

Compared to other democracies you're right. There's not a heck of alot of differences between the Democrats and the Republicans. We don't have the equivalent of a Labour/Social Democratic leftist party. We basically have two conservative parties, which strikes some people as not much of a choice. These people will be casting votes for Ralph Nader or other independent lefties.

verte76 said:
Compared to other democracies you're right. There's not a heck of alot of differences between the Democrats and the Republicans. We don't have the equivalent of a Labour/Social Democratic leftist party. We basically have two conservative parties, which strikes some people as not much of a choice. These people will be casting votes for Ralph Nader or other independent lefties.

it's a shame too. i am an independent registered voter and see bush and kerry as merely two sides of the exact same coin. so what am i supposed to do? vote for kerry because i dislike bush more? or do i vote for some independent and more or less waste my vote, because no one will pay attention fo any third candidate no matter how many votes he/she recieves? do i vote on principle or on objective? do i abstain because i don't think whoever i vote for will make a difference at all? blah. :rant:

Its a sad commentary, to be certain. We're getting the same thing over here in the Uk with Blair and Howard (leader of the Conservative party).

Ant.

Yeah, it really is sad that Bush and Kerry look like two sides of the same coin, so to speak. If I were you I'd at least cast a vote. If you want to vote for a lefty, vote Nader. Some of my fellow liberals would kill me for saying this, but it's your vote.

Back
Top Bottom