If you believe they put a man on the moon...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
So did the moon landing really happen? My friend is a real conspiracy theory buff and believes without doubt that it was fake.

I'm not sure where I stand but what about the rest of you?

Mankind definitely landed on the moon, the following points demonstrate why.

1) The manned moon landing was a project that required tens of thousands of individuals working on it, surely if it was faked then at least one would have broken their silence.

2) The space race was during the height of the cold war, there is no doubt that if the moon landing was faked and then the USSR found out about it would be a critical blow to US pride and it's citizens trust in its government. In terms of cost benefit it was simply much less risky to send men to the moon than to fake the entire thing.

3) Mr. Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy website goes over in detail and scientific analysis the flaws in the claims of the conspiracy theorists, http://www.badastronomy.com/

~ wanting to believe alone does not change the facts.

Last edited:
I've read a number of articles that debunk all the conspiracy theorist's claims.

Frankly, I am surprised we are still going through the exercise.

And to fake a moon landing six times would require more effort to keep it a secret than it would to accomplish the mission.

I've talked to someone who believed it was a conspiracy theory. Interesting, but I would hate to think that we didn't beat Russia to it after all.

"Buzz" Aldrin (2nd man on the moon) has actually punched out a guy who asked him if the whole thing was staged. The video was pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom