If the election were held today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If the election were held today, who would you vote for?

• Bush

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Kerry

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Nader

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • other

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • not voting because I don't approve of the choices

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • not voting because I am underage or not a US citizen

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seabird said:
Maybe you should try to run, we'd all write you in! ;)

Heh...I'm biding my time, thus far. I haven't ruled out the possibility that I may find myself attracted to political offices someday, and, at my age, I have a lot of time to ponder that. It is probably for the best, though, that I am not old enough. It's true: the intolerance that I perceive as being part of the GOP is having a negative effect on me. I must work through that, using such anger constructively and righteously, if I desire to break out of "politics as usual." Seeing the average age of politicians these days, I have a good 20 to 30 years to cultivate my mind further. And this nation, inevitably, will be different. I may no longer need to be angry anymore.

For now, I'm forced to be a spectator.

Melon

Melon, you might want to check out http://wellstone.org. It's a progressive group working on issues like gender equity (including gay and lesbian rights), mental healt parity, living wages, etc. It's based on the late Sen. Paul Wellstone's legacy. I've found it a great way to stay involved and "organize, organize, organize" (Sen. Wellstone's mantra). It's given me a way to channel my disgust well. :D

SD

Back
Top Bottom