If Kerry were elected what a nightmare our world would become..(nice article).. - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2004, 01:00 PM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

1) That is your opinion

Ah, so then you do agree with Kerry's statement that we should get to the point where terrorism is a nuisance. Nice to know we could reach an agreement.

2) The majority of the general public is easily swayed[QUOTE]

Not really, I think GW has earned how the public perceives him as someone fighting terror and that while Kerry has earned his reputation.

Yes and we do agree that one day in the future the terrorists will be relegated to pests we differ on the method is all.

db9

Old 10-21-2004, 01:08 PM   #77
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
I think GW has earned how the public perceives him
You speak as if the public is in unanimous support of Bush, which obviously isn't the case otherwise the presidential race wouldn't be so close (and vice versa for the public's perception of Kerry). But if by public, you also include those that think the Bush administration has made huge errors, then yes, he has earned that perception.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #78
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
it is not enough to say that we should be more sensitive in this war and not isolate those important dictators and buerocrats at the UN when it comes to fighting terrorism. It requires decisive use of both soft and hard power even when it is unpopular. You should not compromise the fight for want to be loved by your enemy.
I'm sorry, but this is just dumb. Kerry's never said anything that can possibly be construed as wanting to "compromise the fight for want to be loved by your enemy." That's just a dishonest spin point made up by dishonest people to distract the public from the fact that Bush has more to encourage terrorism than to curb it.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:16 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

You speak as if the public is in unanimous support of Bush, which obviously isn't the case otherwise the presidential race wouldn't be so close (and vice versa for the public's perception of Kerry). But if by public, you also include those that think the Bush administration has made huge errors, then yes, he has earned that perception.
No no, perceives him as a stronger leader in fighting the War On Terror.
It's pretty simple.

db9
Old 10-21-2004, 03:54 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:14 AM
of course they perceive him as a strong leader in the war on terror, THEY HAVE NO ONE TO COMPARE HIM AGAINST!!! he's the ONLY president since the war on terror began!!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:43 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Bush has done more to encourage terrorism, please tell me from your own insight into the entire terror organizations - do you have the Islamist terror group recruitment rolls, can you tell how the Arab street hates America any more today, How is it that by removing the Taliban and Al Qaedas principle base of operations and by eliminating the terrorist supporting government of Saddam Hussein (yes I think that terrorism against Jews is still terrorism) has increased the ammount of terrorism?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:48 PM   #82
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

He gave them a common ground to fight on and for. Groups that didn't get along before are now fighting on the same side.

Maybe Bush really is a uniter.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:51 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Common Ground?
Old 10-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #84
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Did you see a front for this war before a year ago? Yes he created a common ground. Can you not see it?
Old 10-21-2004, 07:03 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:14 AM
I don't think Bush necessarily united them, but he did provide them with a new front where they could go wild.

However, the terrorists don't care who is president when it comes to their willingness to murder innocent people. I sincerely don't believe that Bush is the right person to fight terrorism long term, and that is something that involves a lot more than bombing deserts and alienating the global populace.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:07 PM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

So the financiers are spending massive ammounts of money to undo Iraq and there are terrorists in the country being killed in large quantities, by opening up a new front Bush has diverted resources from the terrorist organizations and has forced them to fight somewhere else, when Iraq succeeds as a fledgling democracy and as the years turn to decades the fruits of this strategy will be there for all to see.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:36 PM   #87
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
by opening up a new front Bush has diverted resources from the terrorist organizations and has forced them to fight somewhere else
Are you sure about this? They're killing innocent people, isn't there goal being served? They're killing more and more on a regular basis.