If illegal drugs were legal, and had no long term affects, would you do them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
It's tough to decide. I don't like the lifestyle, yet maybe the lifestyle would be different and more of a common thing if they were legal.

What do you think?

Originally posted by U2Bama:
No, because then they wouldn't be "cool," and everyone knows that's point of it.

Not exactly! I've done them before and it definitely wasn't to be cool. It was probably more out of boredom and curiosity.

------------------
"Your name is Gay Focker?"

alcohol is legal and people still do that Bama, somehow ending prohibition didn't make it "uncool" to get drunk

drugs are intriguing I guess, to a point, just because they are a mystery, but in the end it is my belief that they suck away your mind, heart and soul -- so no, I wouldn't lead that lifestyle even if they were legal and more commonly used, I can't really even stand to get drunk more than once in a while anyway, and alcohol is perfectly legal, so no

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Maybe, but it would still take some of the fun out of it.

I don't know. Pesonally, I don't think it would make seeing purple rabbits flying across the road any less fun for me.
wink.gif

------------------
"Your name is Gay Focker?"

You could say that every drug has a long term affect and the very idea of what constitute a drug can be at times, very subjective, I dont do any drugs these days, but if I still did I dont think if they were legal or not would really make any difference, however I would like to see pot de-criminalized in all states in Australia, so much time and money is wasted on enforcing this law, when IMHO this money and resources could be used enforcing the laws of drink driving and those 'bloody idiots' more so...........

but anyway to answer the question,,,,hmmm I would probably say yes, I do remember the feeling quite nicely of when I first started smoking pot and all the fun and laughter that was had
smile.gif

------------------
"thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for coming out.....it's a nice place you got here, your lucky to live here.....some of our mates, ahhh, some of our mates get busted for hi-jacking aeroplanes, we get busted for wearing sandals, you know thats, thats cool.....alright thankyou for coming out and, and spending the big bucks to see Popmart, thanks alot"

Bono: Intro to 'I still havn't found what I'm looking for', ANZ Stadium Brisbane, February 25th 1998.....

I have more fun being high on life than looking to some sort of artificial substitute that would eventually destroy my ability to enjoy life without it. Not a chance in hell. I've never even been remotely curious.

-sula

Every drug has a long term effect on your brain. It kills brain cells en masse!

The best and only drug one should use is life itself! You experiance everything much more intense then when you?re on drugs.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

intersting question, and one I've thought about before. To be perfectly honest, if a drug were legal and I KNEW it would have no long-term effects (more than a few hours), I would likely try it. But that's not the case, which is why I steer clear of all that stuff. There are far too many risks involved for me to ever try any of it, not the least of which is addiction. The last thing I need is to be a slave to some substance.

But arnt we all a slave to a substance Spiral?

Do you ever eat fast food, or even meat for that matter. That stuff kills you. What about second hand smoking or getting drunk. Ever had a cup of coffee?

We all are killing ourselves with something.

------------------
bonoman

Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

bonoman, I guess you could say we are all slaves to a substance....I mean, I'm a slave to water. I *have to* drink it every day. I'm totally addicted. But just because a chicken sandwich at Burger King is "less healthy" than some other foods doesn't make me a slave to it. I really like them, but I'm certainly not addicted and will go weeks or months without having one. Second-hand smoke is bad for me, but it doesn't control me. Yes, I've had a cup of coffe. In fact, I'm drinking one now, but it's the first cup I've had this week, so I don't think I'm addicted, and I don't think it's killing me. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not trying to say I don't have any addictions, but I do what I can to stop them from forming. That's largely why I don't smoke or drink regularly. That's one of the reasons I've never tried other drugs. (I have to admit that the fact they are illegal is also a large factor for me.)

do you eat meat on a regularly?

Watch for my meat thread...

------------------
bonoman

Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by mikal:
I don't know. Pesonally, I don't think it would make seeing purple rabbits flying across the road any less fun for me.
wink.gif

I always see those damn rabbits, and I've never even taken any illegal drugs...

Stupid rabbits!!!!!!! Just leave me alone!!!!! I didn't do anything to deserve this!!!!!!!!

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I always see those damn rabbits, and I've never even taken any illegal drugs...

Stupid rabbits!!!!!!! Just leave me alone!!!!! I didn't do anything to deserve this!!!!!!!!

LOL! Just kick em!

------------------
"If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"

Back
Top Bottom