Ideas:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
OK....Slowly but surely....My wife and I are getting things going for the AIDS ministry in church. Indonesia slowed things down a bit, and the homeless ministry, and the food pantry slowed us down. All good causes......

I have to put together a blurb.......for the church bulletin about the AIDS crisis in Africa. We are also holding a class and all of themoney collected during lent is going to the Episcopal Relief Fund specificially to help with AIDS.

If you were to put together the words for the bulletin, what would you say? please keep in mind it needs to be relatively small. The blurbs will be in all of the bulletins during lent. I need to spread them out so where would you begin? What would you say?

Anyone? LOL

Do I have to use the words God, Homosexual, ect in my threade to get a response?

Dreadsox said:

Do I have to use the words God, Homosexual, ect in my threade to get a response?

Yes I think so :wink:

How about something like "there's no them only us" and some brief statistics, do you have room for a photo?

Sorry, my idea sucks :wink:

Hey dreadsox, I'd be happy to help with your blurb. (I write these news briefs as part of my job at the paper, so I do this stuff every day.) Do you want info on the class in there — times, dates, what about, etc.? I'm sure you want the info about the offerings during Lent too, right? If you post all the info you want in there I'll put it together for you.
Also, what you and your wife are doing is inspiring. Good luck with it all.

How is this for a start?

Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:37-40.
As we prepare our heart to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, now is the time to extend grace to our brothers and sisters in need. Throughout Lent, all tithes will go to the Episcopal Relief Fund to address the AIDS crisis in Africa.

Dreadsox said:
Anyone? LOL

UNDESERVING, HETEROSEXUALS ALSO AFFLICTED WITH AIDS! JESUS SEZ: HEY, IT'S OKAY TO CARE ABOUT THESE PEOPLE SINCE THEY LIVE GODLY LIFESTYLES AND ONLY ENGAGE IN MISSIONARY-STYLE VAGINAL INTERCOURSE!

(ducks)

(just kidding; wonderful work you're doing)

Every day of 2004 approximately 8,400 of God's children died of AIDS worldwide. For each day 1,400 of those were under the age of 15.

I do not have time to address some of the questions...

Thank you to you all for your help.....

Matt

Dreadsox said:
Anyone? LOL

Haha...good one! I didn't answer, because I really can't help you here. For once, I don't know what to say!

Melon

I think you using the word "emergency" is key.

This quote of Bono's from the Bill O'Reilly interview has a lot of impact on me:

"How can three of these a week, three Madison Square Gardens a week, how can -- you know, a giant stadium every two weeks disappearing, you know, a preventable, treatable disease like AIDS, how can that not be an emergency?"

I started to equate the emergency of losing so many people to AIDS to the tsunami disaster:

"let us not forget the 6,300 people dying daily in Africa alone. Every 24 days – Africa looses all that was lost in the tsunami. Over and over again – every 24 days – all of these people are lost."

I can't check my wording better as my kids are nuts, so I hope this helped!

Thanks everyone for the ideas....

I am getting my wheels moving here....thanks...

Back
Top Bottom