I want to leave.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no trust in our Government.
I have no faith in the Constitution.
I have grown to despise the man that I elected President.
I have lost my faith in the Goodness of Humanity.
I have lost my trust in America.
I pledge no Allegiance to any Flag.
I do not support the Military.
I hate the Blind Followers of our Executive Leader.
I hate the Flag Worshippers.
I hate the Corporations.
I hate having Capitalism rammed down my Throat.
I hate the Illusion of Democracy that everyone clings to.
I don't believe in the Illuminati.
I don't believe that the Planet is being run by Lizard People.
I don't believe the President is a Pawn of the Free Masons.
I don't believe I'm being spied on whenever I watch TV.
I don't believe the Government is tracking my every move.
I do believe that the Government is nothing more that a bunch of Greedy, Squabbling, Infantile, Corrupt White Men.
I believe the Country needs to take care of itself before dealing with Foreign Matters.
I believe Israel is in the wrong.
I believe no good can possibly come of invading Iraq.
I hate the Government.
I hate most of the Citizens of this Once Great Nation.
I hate the idea that it is the Duty of the United States to provide Freedom and Democracy to the world, when we have none for ourselves.
I hate the People who cannot see that I have every Right to say all this and still be American.
There are better, freer countries out there.
This is my home. I hate to see it like this.

Eloquently stated.

I am often reminded of the Roman Empire. I haven't decided whether we're at the end of the Roman Republic, before Julius Caesar declares himself dictator or we're nearing the end of Pax Romana, before the barbarian invasion begins.

Like with "12 Monkeys," I cannot help but wish to understand what I have no power to change...

Melon

please do go then

you are free to go

you will not be missed

nor will be your apparent

hatred of everything

goodbye:)

Not George Lucas said:

Then by all means, leave and give it a try someplace else better and freer.

I just hope you don't pick one of those countries where you could be killed or put in prison for speaking out against your government and your country the way you just did. But, like you said, you are an American and have every right to say what you said, without fear of being punished.

I am a firm believer that everything in the world (and every place) has its good and its bad. However, I feel fortunate to live in the United States.

I admire you for posting what you did George, especially in here, I can understand how you feel to some degree I have no respect for the current government here in Australian and there actions, I didn't vote for them, however luckily for me there are millions of Aussie's who feel the same way as me, thankfully, I dont know what the answer is for you though, I hope you find some peace out there:)

Not George Lucas said:

Then get off your ass and do something about it.

Educate people, register them to vote, get involved with social organizations that change how people's lives are led, join a group that fights to protect the things you feel you have lost.

Whining on a rock and roll band's fan website won't bring about any long-term solutions. Actions speak louder than posts, my friend.

Re: Re: I want to leave.

martha said:

Educate people, register them to vote, get involved with social organizations that change how people's lives are led, join a group that fights to protect the things you feel you have lost.

Whining on a rock and roll band's fan website won't bring about any long-term solutions. Actions speak louder than posts, my friend.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

by FAR the most impressive post I have read in a long time.

martha said:

Hell yeah.

I've spent years trying to figure out how I can possibly change things for the better, and, to be honest, I've found nothing. I'm just a hairy fat guy with neither the power nor the means to bring about change. Like the song says, "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." Who's going to listen to me, anyway? I don't have any answers. I don't have any solutions. I just see overwhelming problems that I can't fix.

What can I do to eliminate the corruption in the goverment?
What can I do to keep Israel out of Palestine?
What can I do to restore my civil rights?
What can I do to correct foreign affairs?

I feel completely ineffective. I am ashamed of my nationality. I want to leave.

That's the problem. I shouldn't feel ineffective. I shouldn't be ashamed of my nationality. I shouldn't want to leave. This is my home, but it's no longer where my heart is.

I don't want to give up, though.

I saw U2 perform at the University of Notre Dame. It was their first concert in this country after the 9-11 attacks. That night, something happened. For the 29 days between the attacks and that night, I remained pretty stoic about everything. I watched the news. I was angered and saddened, but it never really hit me. At the concert, I was overcome with emotion. I felt hurt. Deeply hurt. I felt angry. I felt like I couldn't scream loud enough. I cried. I cried because I realized that it wasn't a distant group of people who were attacked. It was all of us. It was me. I wept for the nation that night. I still get chills when I listen to the bootleg. That night, I wasn't a U2 fan, a college student, a husband, a brother, or a son. I was an American. Nothing more, nothing less. I was an American in pain, weeping for my tragic loss.

Now I feel like that part of me is in a coma. I don't want to lose it. I want it to be an active part of me, but I can't. I can't because I am ashamed and disheartened, and there's nothing I can do about it.

You could look up a list of NGO?s, find out the ones which have an agenda according to your opinions, and get in action.

Or you could try to find out how to participate in an anti - globalisation network.

Or you could leave your country, and try to go and help where your help is needed.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Or you could leave your country, and try to go and help where your help is needed.

good advice, sometimes you need to fix things from the outside.
the best advice i can give is to share your thoughts with those who are close to you and get in contact with people who share your thoughts. one person might not be able to make a difference (despite all the feel-good shit on tv) but a group of people definately can. good luck.

martha said:

:yes:

Well said. Very well said.

martha said:

A group is worthless without the individuals in it. That's why I believe that one person CAN make a difference.

Yes, and don?t forget Paradigm shifts (and chaos theory).

martha said:

A group is worthless without the individuals in it. That's why I believe that one person CAN make a difference.
well, technically, not really. even Adam had to have Eve with him.
it's good positive thinking though, that leads to change, ultimately.

You know what bugs me about this post?

You complain about all these things ( which you have every right to do!)

but there's one thing that keeps coming back to me...

In America, you have the right to actually say what you just did.

That is more important than all of the above.

Let me start this response with something Elvis has posted at the top of this forum:

If you cant discuss without attacking someone or a group, etc.. you best take it out of FYM... and off Feedback.

Now I would like to at least comment on some of the things you have said:

I have no trust in our Government.

Fine, but you have to live by their laws, or suffer the consequences.

I have no faith in the Constitution.

A manuscript written by men who could not have had any idea what life would be like today.

I have grown to despise the man that I elected President.

Remember - YOU elected him, blame no one but yourself for your hatred.

I have lost my faith in the Goodness of Humanity.

Look harder - there are plenty of good people out there, statements like the ones you made prove your own point.

I have lost my trust in America.

What has it done to you?

I pledge no Allegiance to any Flag.

Then, your complaints are meaningless.

I do not support the Military.

Truly insulting because they support you and put their lives on the line every day so that you can live in a free world (although you seem to take advantage of it and hate it.)

I hate the Blind Followers of our Executive Leader.

Remember - YOU elected him, blame yourself, hate yourself.

I hate the Flag Worshippers.

You hate people who are proud of the symbol of the country which allows them to live the way they want to live, to prosper, and flourish in a world where many cannot.

I hate the Corporations.

Many of these "Corporations" were founded by good men and women who wanted to offer someting to humanity. What have you offered to the world but your hatred???

I hate having Capitalism rammed down my Throat.

Then move to a communist country - see how you like not having choices.

I hate the Illusion of Democracy that everyone clings to.

YOU are able to vote for whomever you want to right, and YOU did, right??? That's Democracy, if you do not like the outcome of your choices, blame yourself.

I don't believe in the Illuminati.

Have more faith in yourself and maybe you too can join them.

I don't believe that the Planet is being run by Lizard People.

Neither do I.

I don't believe the President is a Pawn of the Free Masons.

OK

I don't believe I'm being spied on whenever I watch TV.

You aren't.

I don't believe the Government is tracking my every move.

They aren't - they do not care about you - they have more important things to do.

I do believe that the Government is nothing more that a bunch of Greedy, Squabbling, Infantile, Corrupt White Men.

That is flat out racist (see Elvis' comment above) - there are plenty of minority politicians in the Government.

I believe the Country needs to take care of itself before dealing with Foreign Matters.

We are trying, but if we negelected foriegn affairs, there would be no need fo domestic concerns as we would all be dead.

I believe Israel is in the wrong.

That is your own belief, and you can live with that, I just do not see many Israelis blowing themselves up, killing innocents in the name of God.

I believe no good can possibly come of invading Iraq.

How about removing a cruel dictator who cares about nothing but his own gains, kills his own people, and would destroy his neighbors if he had the means and the chance to do so.

I hate the Government.

Then do not vote, and understand that by hating the Government that serves you, you will do no good for yourself or your fellow countrymen.

I hate most of the Citizens of this Once Great Nation.

Read Elvis' comment again, I take this as a a personal affront and you better watch what the hell you say.

I hate the idea that it is the Duty of the United States to provide Freedom and Democracy to the world, when we have none for ourselves.

You seem to be someone who is able at the minimum to post your opinions on the internet, that is something the majority of the planet is not able to do - think about it, and try your hardest not to be so naive.

I hate the People who cannot see that I have every Right to say all this and still be American.

You definitely have the right to say this and still be American - that is the beauty of our country, but also understand that we as a people have a right to fight your insults, exaggerations, and shallow ignorant thoughts.

I will be the first one to send you an engraved invitation for you to move to one of them.

Then do something positive about it and try to change the things you hate rather that make statements thart begin with "I hate..." instead of "I hate, therefore I am going to..."

Without personally attacking you, I have to say that posts like this truly dismay me. You write this gibberish to get a reply, well here is my reply - stop hating everyone else and look at yourself. How can everyone in the country be bad, how can everyone in the government be against you, how can you have no freedoms when I do, how can you have so many complaints against everyone else without taking some blame yourself. Your post displays the true ignorance that most people in this world hate Americans for. Go tell a starving child in Russia that you hate capitalism, see how they react. Go tell an Israeli child who has witnessed and escaped from suicide bombers that she is in the wrong. Go live in China for a little while and see how many freedoms you have.

The point is this, if you do not like America either do something to change the things you dislike, or in your case - hate, or move away. if you are convinced that there are other places that fulfill your needs, you have every freedom to move to those places, but remember many do not have that freedom.

Before you choose to spew out ignorant posts like this on a website dedicated to a band who fights for other people's rights think about if it is the appropriate place to do so.

To close, if you do not like it here, do not let the emmigration door hit you in the ass on your way out.

oktobergirl said:
You know what bugs me about this post?

In America, you have the right to actually say what you just did.

ok i just have to comment on this.
'not just in America'
you do realise that you are free to say anything in most first world countries and also a few third world ones. i lived in the middle east, in the UAE and kuwait and i could walk around shouting profanities about the government and ruling families in public and i wouldn't get harassed by the police. in kuwait, even the newspapers critisized the government on a daily basis.
again, all the freedoms available in America are available in other countries using common sense as opposed to being written in the constitution for stupid people to keep getting reminded by it.
people might be less tolerant of what you say and do in other countries, but then again they don't wear a happy mask either.

HATE, HATE, HATE, just a little bit o' HATE!
HATE, HATE, HATE, just a little bit o' HAA-A-ATE!
You don't need a whole lot,
Just share what you've got,
of HATE, HATE, HATE just a little bit o' HATE!

CannibalisticArtist said:
i lived in the middle east, in the UAE and kuwait and i could walk around shouting profanities about the government and ruling families in public and i wouldn't get harassed by the police.

I'm not trying to pick your argument apart or anything, I just wanted to point out that I know of a female who was travelling in UAE and was arrested for "cussing" in a bar. Maybe only females are arrested for cussing in bars in UAE, so perhaps it is a "cultural" thing as we are often told...

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom