I want to dig to you.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
When I was a kid,
we would did real deep holes in our back yard.

We said we were going to dig to China.

I am glad we stopped,
we would have drowned.

Funny how we have common experiences from different parts of the country.

It was the ants that got us to stop digging

Re: Re: I want to dig to you.

nbcrusader said:

you would have ended up in the Indian ocean
- west of Australia

If this is correct, it looks like anyone starting from anywhere in the US would wind up in the Indian Ocean. To actually get to China, you'd apparently have to start from southern South America.

My younger son tried to dig to China recently, and also wound up being stopped by ants. I would have laughed, except he let his little sister eat some of them.

I was talking about this with my hubby recently, so we got on google earth and worked it out - if we dug straight thru from our house in adelaide, australia, we would end up out in the middle of the atlantic ocean - hundreds of kilometres from anywhere!!!:shrug:

If I dig enough I'll reach the Indian ocean as well. Only a few days of swimming and I'll either die, or begin my Madagascar vacation! :hyper: I better bring along some food.

Re: Re: I want to dig to you.

nbcrusader said:

Back in primary school in New Zealand, my friends and I made an attempt to dig a hole to China in a sand dune but were thwarted by boredom with our lack of progress and turned the hole into a trench so we could engage in warfare with sand bombs.

During the course of digging, before boredom set in, I said we were more likely to end up somewhere in Europe than in China. No-one listened. Turns out we would've actually come out somewhere in northern Spain.

Damn... I'd arrive in the sea, just below Australia ! Thanks for telling me, now I know I must not dig a hole ;D

Back
Top Bottom