I want the bad guys dead. No court case.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
NRA - how far is too far?

Bush and Co. kowtow to this group.

Do you feel safer?

Ted Nugent to Fellow NRAers: Get Hardcore

HOUSTON - With an assault weapon in each hand, rocker and gun rights advocate Ted Nugent urged National Rifle Association members to be "hardcore, radical extremists demanding the right to self defense."

Speaking at the NRA's annual convention Saturday, Nugent said each NRA member should try to enroll 10 new members over the next year and associate only with other members.

"Let's next year sit here and say, 'Holy smokes, the NRA has 40 million members now,'" he said. "No one is allowed at our barbecues unless they are an NRA member. Do that in your life."

Nugent sang and played a guitar painted with red and white stripes for the crowd at Houston's downtown convention center.

He drew the most cheers when he told gun owners they should never give up their right to bear arms and should use their guns to protect themselves if needed.

"Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em!" he screamed to applause. "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Last edited:
I don't agree with Nuge on this one. At least he admits that he's radical though.

Speaking at the NRA's annual convention Saturday, Nugent said each NRA member should try to enroll 10 new members over the next year and associate only with other members.

I like the idea of you only associating yourself with other members, but it sure will be hard to enroll new members.

Ah, the intelligent Nuge.:|

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I like the idea of you only associating yourself with other members, but it sure will be hard to enroll new members.

Ah, the intelligent Nuge.:|

:lmao:

Hmmm...if all NRA members refused to associate with us non-members, I guess I wouldn't have to listen to my brother's hour and a half long telephone ramblings anymore. That could be nice....

"He drew the most cheers when he told gun owners they should never give up their right to bear arms and should use their guns to protect themselves if needed."

Yes, Nuge, but should anyone lose their right to a fair trial? I think not. I guess some have a hard time letting go of fame and attention at his old age.

I don't know much about Ted Nugent, but he seems to be a bit of a hate figure for liberals in America, almost a kind of caraciture of perceived ills of the right and someone who is not really representative of mainstream conservative opinion, a bit like Michael Moore and Ted Kennedy are not really representative of mainstream liberal opinion.

I don't think the present adminstration "sucks up" to the NRA any more than previous administrations have to be honest. I mean was there any serious gun reform under Clinton?

"Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em!" he screamed to applause. "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

:crack:

financeguy said:
I don't know much about Ted Nugent, but he seems to be a bit of a hate figure for liberals in America
No just an irrelevant washed up musician.
financeguy said:

I mean was there any serious gun reform under Clinton?
Um the assault rifle ban. One of the biggest reforms we've had. The exact ban that Bush let run out for election reasons.

financeguy said:
I don't know much about Ted Nugent, but he seems to be a bit of a hate figure for liberals in America, almost a kind of caraciture of perceived ills of the right and someone who is not really representative of mainstream conservative opinion, a bit like Michael Moore and Ted Kennedy are not really representative of mainstream liberal opinion.

I don't think the present adminstration "sucks up" to the NRA any more than previous administrations have to be honest. I mean was there any serious gun reform under Clinton?
NRA Endorses George W. Bush for President

Reversing anti-gun regulations imposed by Clinton

financeguy said:

OK fair enough. I don't know that much about the issue.

But I do know that patriotic Americans must be allowed to carry any weapons they want, at any time of the day or night!! (Just kidding) :wink:

Especially if we come across what might be a burglar.

I’d never live that down.
If I could had a clean kill ,
and I did not have my 2nd amendment gun with me.

my neighbor carries a handgun in his back pocket day and night....
hes got a permit to do that cuz hsi ex wife joined a cult and threatened to kill him. this was yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrsssssss
ago.....

someone could just easily swipe that gun outta his back pocket.
hes an old feeble man ...theres nothing he could do about it.
DANGER DANGER DANGER...................

danger makes me so tired.......

my husband's brother and dad and stepmom all own guns ( they live in Tampa fla.) they go to the range and go shootin....once my husband said he wanted a gun...i said no way ( I never really knew how i felt about guns until my brother in law showed us his....I felt afraid..i didnt want to hold it - i was afraid someone could get shot- i was afraid of the noise it would make too. ???weird?)
so hubby expresses his interest in owning a gun and i say no way...and then he says something shitty ...like you cant stop me or something along those lines.

so whatever...years pass ...we move from florida to maine ...and meet my neighbor......chris ( hubby) changes his mind about wanting to be the kind of person to own a gun....even though he's in the navy and did learn to use a gun...and worked as security...
bnlar blar blar

oh yeah i forgot to mention that while we used to party to the nuge's music back in the 80's - he's a red neck has been ( as far as music goes)
he hasnt a drop of compassion for animals or humanity...
(maybe with the exception of his immedite family)
hes one of those people who is very /I dont know the word for it.....selfish....bigotted

Last edited:
Yeah violence is good. If I wasn't being so sarcastic, I'd hope that one day at one of these redneck rallies, a cry would break out encouraging all to shoot from the hip, the person standing nearest to them and any old willy nilly location in the vicinity. 'Cos goddamn it, it's the American right.

So, if one of these NRA members goes out and shoots someone, then its okay for another NRA member to go out and shoot them, and then someone would have to shoot that one, and that one and that one....

Geez, pretty soon there would be only one (and would he be immortal???):scratch: :laugh:

To someone from the UK the American gun laws seem ridiculous. How many fatal shootings are there in America? Is it quite alot by any chance. I shudder to think what Glasgow would be like if every scumbag had access to a gun. A bit off topic but come one why don't you ban guns. If someone gets shot in the UK it is national news, I doubt this is the case in America. America is a great country in many ways but allowing citizens to bear arms is just daft.

nickypiemcg said:
To someone from the UK the American gun laws seem ridiculous. How many fatal shootings are there in America? Is it quite alot by any chance. I shudder to think what Glasgow would be like if every scumbag had access to a gun. A bit off topic but come one why don't you ban guns. If someone gets shot in the UK it is national news, I doubt this is the case in America. America is a great country in many ways but allowing citizens to bear arms is just daft.
Constitutional right - shall not be abridged. Criminals could possibly aquire guns illegally, while innocent people may have no way of protecting themselves.

I don't want my post to derail the thread, which disputes whether criminals have a right to a fair trial, and whether carjackers and thieves should be killed.

If someone wants to start another gun rights thread, go for it.

Funny thing is that with the exception of being allowed to carry a concealed weapon, Canada has many of the same gun laws as the States, but yet on a proportional level much much less killing attributed to guns.

Its not the gun its the mentality, guns should be banned because the mentality is totally wrong!

Macfistowannabe said:
Constitutional right - shall not be abridged. Criminals could possibly aquire guns illegally, while innocent people may have no way of protecting themselves.

What right do innocent people have to arm themselves with a weapon which has only one intention - to kill or cause serious harm?
We've had our share of amnesties and buy-backs here, it began after Port Arthur. And there is no way in hell it could be deemed a bad decision. Criminals will acquire guns any which way, regardless of what the law states for every citizen. Citizens owning guns and using them to defend themselves will not decrease your numbers of break-ins and assaults, but it will increase the number of shootings in general under the handy phrase of self defence. It brings about self policing. No society can survive with self policing. Ask any cop how arduous their training is, and how risky it is allowing any schmoe to do a policeman's work. Police cannot be there 24 hours a day to protect and serve, but they are trained to. They have the facilities to do so. Not you or I.

Angela Harlem said:
What right do innocent people have to arm themselves with a weapon which has only one intention - to kill or cause serious harm?
This is under the assumption that guns are purchased with the intent of using them on others. Individuals with malicious intentions will always have a way to harm other human beings. On with the facts. The number of homicides by firearms has declined in recent years. From 1993 to1999, the number of firearm-related homicides decreased by an average rate of nearly 11% annually, for an overall decrease of 49%. Gun violence by youth - a popular subject for gun control/anti-gun folks - has also declined. Guns are used to protect people, property, and business. Also, there are around 15 million hunters in the United States. They make over 1/3 of the gun holders. Near-prohibition for firearms is not going to happen.

I don't know how I feel about gun control. I don't see any reason for assault weapons. I have no problem with hunting rifles. I'm divided on handguns, although I certainly understand the desire for homeowners and shopowners to feel they have a level playing field.

What I do know is that the NRA makes a lousy poster child for gun rights? If I didn't know better, I would think they were spoofing. But then I know they are not.:huh:

Macfistowannabe said:

Well guns are banned for the most part in th UK and most criminals here don't have them. The idea that if everyone has a gun you're safe is just ridiculous. Surely making guns more available to innocent people makes them more available to criminals or potential criminals.

Macfistowannabe said:
This is under the assumption that guns are purchased with the intent of using them on others. Individuals with malicious intentions will always have a way to harm other human beings. On with the facts. The number of homicides by firearms has declined in recent years. From 1993 to1999, the number of firearm-related homicides decreased by an average rate of nearly 11% annually, for an overall decrease of 49%. Gun violence by youth - a popular subject for gun control/anti-gun folks - has also declined. Guns are used to protect people, property, and business. Also, there are around 15 million hunters in the United States. They make over 1/3 of the gun holders. Near-prohibition for firearms is not going to happen.

What other assumption is there? It's a gun. They only have one purpose.
:slant:

I'm with nickypiemcg on this one. I live in the UK, and we are living proof that if guns are illegal, less people get shot

:shrug:

It's a no brainer.

This is one of the reasons why I would never, every consider living in the USA. I could not even contemplate living anywhere where I know that any old tom, dick or harry could have a gun :crack:

Back
Top Bottom