I used to hate Bush... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2004, 12:31 PM   #16
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Tons of people here aren't American and you've never had a problem w/ them before. Maybe b/c most of them don't like Bush either and that fits nicely into your agenda? I think that it's actually fairly easy for people from other countries to form a valid opinion about American politics. For one thing, they don't have to make a choice (vote) one way or the other so they have the liberty of understanding the issues from a much more objective position. I bet you would be pissed if someone told you you aren't allowed to have an opinion about Honduras, or say Africa, b/c you don't live there.

Well said. Using her own statement as an example, Jamila should not have the right to voice an opinion about the problems in Africa.

I think its pretty sad actually that so many people outside of the US seem to be quite well versed in our politics and political system yet relatively few of us are interested or informed about politics outside of the US.

Old 10-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:09 AM
All I said was that after watching Kerry speak and just carry himself around bashing Bush all over the place he doesn't seem like a good man.

He seems like a man who takes the whole war (which no one was prepared for) as a reason to not vote for Bush.

He doesn't tell the people to vote for him. He keeps telling them to not vote for bush. And that is what I find deeply disturbing about him.

Old 10-30-2004, 12:55 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:09 AM
And as for a democracy in Honduras. Hell, a government. Non-existant.

We have people and cliques that do their best to steal money from the government funds. They don't care about the country at all.

Minimum Wage is approx. $130 a month (I don't feel like doing the math). And people work their asses off for that.

But this thread isn't about Honduras. I just felt like answering Jamila.

Truth to be told, though, Jamila, the US has the power to bomb and/or invade whatever country they want. So perhaps the I should be able to at least say something as to who exactly will be the man in charge of that. .....
Old 10-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
All I said was that after watching Kerry speak and just carry himself around bashing Bush all over the place he doesn't seem like a good man.

Kerry is a bit condenscending and sanctimonious
Old 10-30-2004, 02:51 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Boston01
I see you left the death statistic for for Saddam's rule of of the equation. Also, you could figure the ratio of UN based on embargos during the 90s which would probably blow away all other statistics. I do not believe George Bush is the the best leader for the job at hand; however, i also do not believe Kerry is alruistic at all. Many of the arguments I see here are based on the rhetoric of people who either do not have the time or the energy to do the research. George Bush's record has been in the news for four plus years. Kerry's is recent and most people just do not know what he is. Some of the people who either don't like or don't care what I have to say seem to react on emotion only. Do yourself a favor and do some research. As you should for both candidates. I respect anyones decision who has done so. It just tends to make me slightly angry when people pull out one news story and preach it as the truth, especially when all the facts aren't known most of the time.
i didn't include death's under saddam because they require no perspective, just as i left out deaths as a result of the american invasion. you'll notice my comparison is simply of the murder/death rates you provided. saying iraq has less murders than the US is pointless unless you look at it with respect to deaths per capita. my home town has less murders than nyc...no shit.

perhaps you should do yourself a favor and not make assumptions about people's opinions. you'd look a hell of a lot less pretentious.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #21
New Yorker

Quote:

He seems like a man who takes the whole war (which no one was prepared for) as a reason to not vote for Bush.

He doesn't tell the people to vote for him. He keeps telling them to not vote for bush. And that is what I find deeply disturbing about him.

First of all, it goes both ways. Bush has attacked Kerry just as much with his stupid rhetoric.

Second, any president running for a second term is going to have their term scrutinized because they have an actual record as president. This is not new. So of course, the challenger is going to bring in issues about why not to vote for the president based on the president's record. And again, it goes both ways. Bush keeps telling us not to vote for Kerry because he's going to raise our taxes and he won't know how to handle the terrorists.

Your generalizations don't take into account that both sides are doing the same thing. Criticize Kerry for it if you want, but you're going to be a hypocrite for not criticizing Bush for the same thing.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:40 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:09 AM
i still think gw has that rockstarsexyness thing going on..

i mean he runs 8 min miles and always is ready to crack a joke and smile
Old 10-30-2004, 05:58 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Re: I used to hate Bush...

Quote:
... I used to hate Bush...
I glad you gave it a second try.

If you need to
turn the light off.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:04 PM   #24
The Fly

Local Time: 02:09 PM
Se7en

...asking people to be informed is not pretentious. There are many people who will vote this year based on what the Boss or Cur Schilling say. That is just the way it is. I apologize to you since some of my comments were not directed at you in particular.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:37 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
boston01 reminds me a little of deadsox
I would be Boston4
Old 10-31-2004, 03:40 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

No no, dread was rational.
On occasion
Old 10-31-2004, 03:49 AM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 10:09 AM
Dreadsox - I just read your signature! It looks like it's time for a new username! LOL!

(j/k about changing it.)
Old 10-31-2004, 03:52 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:09 AM
I blame that abberation on Dreadsox, I mean comeon he jinxed it, or is that dejinxed - whatever he did it worked.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:55 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I blame that abberation on Dreadsox, I mean comeon he jinxed it, or is that dejinxed - whatever he did it worked.
Dreadsox is Boston's Hero!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:59 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:09 AM
Get real suspicious if the Libertarians sweep their way to the white house.