I told you it was a mental disorder-New Book validates diamond findings... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:52 AM
I told you it was a mental disorder-New Book validates diamond findings...

READ IT AND WEEP:

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."
While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.
"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:
creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious".

Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 AM
i'll just go ahead and cast my vote for 5 stars so you don't have to spend so much time logging onto different alters.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

You've convinced me. I'm turning conservative.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
i'll just go ahead and cast my vote for 5 stars so you don't have to spend so much time logging onto different alters.
Here's peer review for you sweetheart:

Dr. Rossiter's very illuminating and insightful book answers questions that many of us have asked about the essentially childlike behavior of liberals - for instance, their temper tantrums, sense of entitlement, intolerance, and grandiosity. While listing any number of liberals' infantile expectations - from a powerful parental government to a guarantee of material security from the state to laws that punish the "haves" for their excesses and compensate the "have-nots" for their pangs of envy to an international caring agenda that understands everyone's hardships and tolerates destructive actions by others, the list goes on - Rossiter concludes that, "these and other goals dear to the modern liberal heart are remarkable for the childhood needs they address and the adult needs they ignore." This is an important resource for those seeking to understand what makes the liberals among us tick. Joan Swirsky, NY-based journalist and author.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #5
The Male

Local Time: 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
You've convinced me. I'm turning conservative.
Come on, Pfan. You can do better than that. That is the proverbial glove slap right there.

Now.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
I Serve Larry's Stick

So can liberals be deprogrammed like gays can?
Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Here's peer review for you sweetheart:

Dr. Rossiter's very illuminating and insightful book answers questions that many of us have asked about the essentially childlike behavior of liberals - for instance, their temper tantrums, sense of entitlement, intolerance, and grandiosity. While listing any number of liberals' infantile expectations - from a powerful parental government to a guarantee of material security from the state to laws that punish the "haves" for their excesses and compensate the "have-nots" for their pangs of envy to an international caring agenda that understands everyone's hardships and tolerates destructive actions by others, the list goes on - Rossiter concludes that, "these and other goals dear to the modern liberal heart are remarkable for the childhood needs they address and the adult needs they ignore." This is an important resource for those seeking to understand what makes the liberals among us tick. Joan Swirsky, NY-based journalist and author.

i'm not your sweetheart
i don't understand the picture. is he doing the thumb trick with a cig? and why does he have a towel on his lap??
Old 02-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by clarityat3am
Yes. I'm walking proof of that.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Come on, Pfan. You can do better than that. That is the proverbial glove slap right there.
Now that I'm conservative, all I want to do is post pictures of Hillary and discuss Resolution 1441. I can't think of any comeback other than those two things.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

i'm not your sweetheart
i don't understand the picture. is he doing the thumb trick with a cig? and why does he have a towel on his lap??
the fellow is smoking a pipe, i dunno about the towel.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #11
The Male

Local Time: 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Yes. I'm walking proof of that.

......Are you shaking?

Now.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by clarityat3am
dunno.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
......Are you shaking?
Only when the thought of a Democrat getting elected runs through my mind.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Diamond,
I got sick this morning
A sea was storming inside of me

When I get that feelin' I want conservative healin'
Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life