I told you it was a mental disorder-New Book validates diamond findings...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
READ IT AND WEEP:

41imLOTyNfL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."
While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.
"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:
creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious".

Last edited:
unico said:
i'll just go ahead and cast my vote for 5 stars so you don't have to spend so much time logging onto different alters. :hug:

Here's peer review for you sweetheart:

Dr. Rossiter's very illuminating and insightful book answers questions that many of us have asked about the essentially childlike behavior of liberals - for instance, their temper tantrums, sense of entitlement, intolerance, and grandiosity. While listing any number of liberals' infantile expectations - from a powerful parental government to a guarantee of material security from the state to laws that punish the "haves" for their excesses and compensate the "have-nots" for their pangs of envy to an international caring agenda that understands everyone's hardships and tolerates destructive actions by others, the list goes on - Rossiter concludes that, "these and other goals dear to the modern liberal heart are remarkable for the childhood needs they address and the adult needs they ignore." This is an important resource for those seeking to understand what makes the liberals among us tick. Joan Swirsky, NY-based journalist and author.

get_image

diamond said:

Here's peer review for you sweetheart:

Dr. Rossiter's very illuminating and insightful book answers questions that many of us have asked about the essentially childlike behavior of liberals - for instance, their temper tantrums, sense of entitlement, intolerance, and grandiosity. While listing any number of liberals' infantile expectations - from a powerful parental government to a guarantee of material security from the state to laws that punish the "haves" for their excesses and compensate the "have-nots" for their pangs of envy to an international caring agenda that understands everyone's hardships and tolerates destructive actions by others, the list goes on - Rossiter concludes that, "these and other goals dear to the modern liberal heart are remarkable for the childhood needs they address and the adult needs they ignore." This is an important resource for those seeking to understand what makes the liberals among us tick. Joan Swirsky, NY-based journalist and author.

get_image

i'm not your sweetheart :angry:
i don't understand the picture. is he doing the thumb trick with a cig? and why does he have a towel on his lap??

LemonMelon said:
Come on, Pfan. You can do better than that. That is the proverbial glove slap right there.

Now that I'm conservative, all I want to do is post pictures of Hillary and discuss Resolution 1441. I can't think of any comeback other than those two things.

unico said:

i'm not your sweetheart :angry:
i don't understand the picture. is he doing the thumb trick with a cig? and why does he have a towel on his lap??

the fellow is smoking a pipe, i dunno about the towel.

:)

Yep, realizing that all are equal, wanting to help the less fortunate, realizing the planet is what we make it and trying to leave it a better place for other generations, and being slow to raise a gun all sound like crazy characteristics to me...

Jesus must have been a whack job. Thanks for showing me the way.

I will now bow down to the almighty white, straight, money loving, gun-toting god of conservatism...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Jesus must have been a whack job. Thanks for showing me the way.
Jesus was no whack job. Jesus was fantastic. You'd understand how everything conservative is Jesus' way if you would just
diamond said:
open
your
mind.

diamond said:
Precisely.

Jesus never advocated too much since he died pretty young, so we conservatives make the statements he would have made had he not died for the sins of mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom