I thought this would only happen in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny how "1984" was a slam against Marxism, particularly since these "Big Brother" activities are happening in capitalist nations, some of which are virulently anti-communist.

Melon

Sure enuff! In Europe we got those "measures against terrorism" too. Its worldwide, in all developed countries- what did you think?

Its the System, the Empire, Globalization, call it whatever you want. No, not a conspiration,... a very flexible thing! Look what happened to the lowering of social standards everywhere in "developed" countries.

The elite goes hand in hand. Globally. They need more suppression. They need fear amongst citizens. Especially amongst the ones that are impudent and nervy enough to go on the streets.

Think back to Genova.

The proposition is enough to make it happen behind closed doors in some countries, y know. Don?t know if I can count Canada in, though.

ya but bonoman who do we vote for?

the alliance? aren't they the ones who openly make fun of homosexual mp's for their sexual orientation?

the ndp? aren't they the ones who...well, arent they the ones that dont even know who or what they are?

the pc's? aren't they the ones that SUCK?

i think ill take paul martin. we may have more choices than our neighbours, but wow do they ever suck.

Exactly! :tsk: Ugh, if the Alliance ever got in (note how that is the same name as the evil organization in Alias!) that would be the END of Canada.

Maybe Jack Layton and the NDP will straighten things out....otherwise Paul Martin is the safest bet.

Flag Pole Pear said:
ya but bonoman who do we vote for?

Ain't that the truth.

I live in Ontario, in the GTA, which means that both my riding and my province will go Liberal. I have accepted this, and I'm not positive about Paul Martin yet, but he doesn't seem horrible.

Since my vote means nothing, I will likely go for the Greens.

Martin is all for big business and is about as right wing as you can be and still be a Liberal. I'll be voting NDP next election. Ideally next term we'd get an NDP-PC coalition. I hope the Liberals destroy themselves since that party's managreial government has seen Canada slide away for far too long. What Trudeau ever saw in Cretien I'll never know. We would have been much better off with John Turner.

Blacksword said:
I'll be voting NDP next election. Ideally next term we'd get an NDP-PC coalition.

How would you get a coalition of a right wing and the most left wing party? Makes no sense, ideologically.

I'd have no trouble voting for NDP. But voting PC is absolutely out of the question.

Well it all depends on who becomes leader. If I've missed that leadership campaign in my university isolation please kick me in the head. The Tories need to take back their historic role in the country and protect our soverignty. Back at the beginning of the last century it was the Tories who shot down Laurier's Reciprocity idea which would have given us ninety years of free trade instead of fifteen. Mulroony went against a century of Torie traditiion in his selling out of the country. But if you look at the Liberals they've done just as much to seel this country out as Mulroony did just much more slowly and subtly. Martin is all for big business and that means more money going down south. While it may be a historical pattern in this country to have Liberal dynasties in this country (like Mackenzie King and Trudeau's governments) I don't fancy any more years with this useless crop.

JACK LAYTON!!!!!

Im serious, this is the first candidate by the people for the people our country has produced in a long time.

He's socially aware, but not to the point of being an bleeding heart who has no balance.

Plus, didnt he ride his bike to work for many years??

Tres Cool.

PS..dont laugh, there are many like me who would vote for the first time in their lives (really, I have never voted for anyone yet) if Layton was a candidate...it could happen!

Last edited:
The NDP would be my first choice, mostly because of their environmental stance. If the planet is uninhabitable, then nothing else matters imo.

I just worry that by voting them I weaken the liberals and then the stupid Alliance or PC gets in. One thing I love about the Liberals is they support the arts, they actually get it that the arts are important.

I thought John Turner was a total goof!

the reason why right wing parties are strong in western canada is because the liberals and everyone else doesnt give a rats ass about us. its brutal.

we actually sent farmers from alberta to jail because they tried crossing the boarder with wheat that they were going to sell in the states. but noooooooo, we have the canadian wheat board which was probably designed by Martin Bormann. seriously, people in quebec are allowed to send their grain south but us in western canada cant.

not only is that free trade, its democracy! :up:

Back
Top Bottom