I think they deserve a harsher punishment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I am going to say is I am pro-death penalty and they deserve it. :|

If they dont get the DP then they would make good bunk mates with bubba. thats what I ment

I mean last time we had a debate, 99.9% were against the DP.

Nothing appeses people here. DP is wrong, thats sick that they should be bubbas bunk mate. Ok then why not give them the sentence that one judge who is against punishment now and give them 60 days.

How do you know revenge dosent fix anything. Has something happend in your life like that or not? That you would not like to see something bad happen to that person?

Justin24 said:

Nothing appeses people here. DP is wrong, thats sick that they should be bubbas bunk mate. Ok then why not give them the sentence that one judge who is against punishment now and give them 60 days.

they commited a disgusting crime, life in prison sounds reasonable to me

being "bubbas bunk mate" is just about as disgusting as the crime

i dont see what the judge in the case you're referring to has to do with this

Justin24 said:
How do you know revenge dosent fix anything. Has something happend in your life like that or not? That you would not like to see something bad happen to that person?

nothing like this has happened to me in my life, has something happened in your life like this?

i'd say prison for life is something bad happening to that person

Nope thank goodness and I am glad to hear nothing like that has happened in your life.

the rockin edge said:
i'm glad nothing like this has happened to you either, i wouldn't want anyone to have to go through stuff like that

Which I think is your point -- you see even the criminal as a human, no matter how hideous the crime. Call me a bleeding heart, but to me once you start thinking of certain people as less than human, even if they are vicious criminals, it becomes all too easy to put others who don't agree with you or look like you into that same not-quite-human category. And don't think it can't happen because if you know any history at all you know that it has happened (and still does).

We should be better than the criminals, even if it means they get more than our emotions dictate they deserve.

the rockin edge said:

they commited a disgusting crime, life in prison sounds reasonable to me

being "bubbas bunk mate" is just about as disgusting as the crime

i dont see what the judge in the case you're referring to has to do with this

I agree.

Vengence isn't justice, it just makes you as low as the fucking criminal themselves.

And Justin, for as long as you have been posting here, learn to post a link...

I did post the link, but for some reason it did not attach well. Buddy:eyebrow:

Justin24 said:
before I posted the smily was not in the url

Well, once you posted, you should've seen that it had appeared there. Use the edit feature!

Re: Re: I think they deserve a harsher punishment

DrTeeth said:

I'm sure though that "Bubba" will be thrilled that you want to let him have some fun. :up:

LOL, not with me though LOL:lol:

My thoughts are that if we deem murder to be illegal and morally wrong, then the state should not sanction the murder of another human being, no matter what the crime, so I think that life in prison is a very harsh punishment and harsh enough in this case.

Hey Dr. Teeth I have no intentions of visiting you. I know exactly what your trying to do. Your trying make me cuss at you and call you offensive things, but I wont stoop low like you. I am not some sicko like those people or bubba.

Iwas not giving a punishment but a suggestion. I never said do it. You also like to pass judgement on other people on this board cause of their ideas.

Justin24 said:
Iwas not giving a punishment but a suggestion. I never said do it. You also like to pass judgement on other people on this board cause of their ideas.

:lol: Of course you're not giving the punishment. That's the whole point of this forum, we speak of our beliefs, ideas, and viewpoints etc...

But your "suggestion" shows how you would vote or act if given the power and you aren't above lowering yourself to their level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom