I signed up for Obama's campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now,
It's Official

it is good you caught the trend
before it completely pulled out of the station

still a good view out of the caboose window

soul-train.gif

MrsSpringsteen said:
There's really no need to mock her for that, is there?

Obviously deep would prefer she remain uninvolved in the political process.

U2democrat said:
Good for you, Verte :up:

On Saturday I'll be phone banking and in April I'll be heading up to PA to campaign, barring some unforseen blowout by Obama on Tuesday.

Welcome to Pennsylvania even though we'll be on opposite sides.:madspit: :wink: Carpetbagger.:wink:

And good for you, verte. Have fun.

anitram said:
Obviously deep would prefer she remain uninvolved in the political process.

I think Verte knows what I think about her.

I have written it a few times before.

I will be happy to restate it.

I think she is an amazing artist.

I also have tremendous respect for her interest and acceptance of other cultures

As for her being uninvolved :huh:

That is the last word someone should use in describing Verte.

She has put herself on the line, going out in public to protest the Iraq war in a part of the country where that is very unpopular thing to do.

As for me having an opinion that there is some kind of Obama mania (or trend) going on?

Well it is a talking point on almost every media outlet.

Why is that bothersome to any of you believe in him, could you have some doubt?

deep said:

Why is that bothersome to any of you believe in him, could you have some doubt?

I have said he is not the IDEAL candidate. I've said I actually prefer Hillary's healthcare plan (even though that one isn't perfect either). But he's the one I'd support.

I think you are missing the plot with your posts re: Obama. I think you don't really understand how they come across to other people - for example, I find them totally unconstructive, and lacking in substance. This is strange and unlike you so I'm not sure why it is that way because I've never seen you debate using this TONE before.

And that is what I think people have started commenting on.

There's several narratives being written about Obama right now. One says, simply, that he's a great speaker who commands large, enthusiastic crowds of young people, so he must lack substance...and they must lack information.

Narratives are nothing new: Hillary is smart so she must be cold; McCain is cooperative so he must unprincipled.

Most are false, but with Obama's, nothing could be further from the truth. Has anyone seen a more detail-packed set of policy proposals? Has any candidate more articulately outlined his positions in townhall meetings or on his Website?

Whoever thinks this is a fad or a trend or some kind of mindless idolatry hasn't been paying attention and has allowed the media and opposing campaigns to suck them into a whirlpool of manipulation.

I see them as the naive ones.

LPU2 said:
There's several narratives being written about Obama right now. One says, simply, that he's a great speaker who commands large, enthusiastic crowds of young people, so he must lack substance...and they must lack information.

Narratives are nothing new: Hillary is smart so she must be cold; McCain is cooperative so he must unprincipled.

Most are false, but with Obama's, nothing could be further from the truth. Has anyone seen a more detail-packed set of policy proposals? Has any candidate more articulately outlined his positions in townhall meetings or on his Website?

Whoever thinks this is a fad or a trend or some kind of mindless idolatry hasn't been paying attention and has allowed the media and opposing campaigns to suck them into a whirlpool of manipulation.

I see them as the naive ones.

Bravo, well said! :applaud:

I am admittedly still on the fence between Clinton and Obama. Both have great ideas and "plans" and many of them similar IMO. Obama just doesn't move me like he does the masses of followers that cheer and chant at his speeches. The man can talk, he's great at bringing people and communities together yet when it comes to international policy and other world issues I don't believe he can compare to Clinton's experience. Either candidate will be a very welcome change to what we've suffered with Bush. These next few months will be interesting as things heat up. It's just the "dirty politics" I don't like. On a positive note I have never followed candidates more closely than I have this campaign in all my years as a registered voter (faithfully since age 18)

He says he'll give us universal health care by the end of his first term. Yeah,he's inexperienced. But we need to get rid of Bush.

Back
Top Bottom