I signed up for Obama's campaign - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 10:44 PM
There's several narratives being written about Obama right now. One says, simply, that he's a great speaker who commands large, enthusiastic crowds of young people, so he must lack substance...and they must lack information.

Narratives are nothing new: Hillary is smart so she must be cold; McCain is cooperative so he must unprincipled.

Most are false, but with Obama's, nothing could be further from the truth. Has anyone seen a more detail-packed set of policy proposals? Has any candidate more articulately outlined his positions in townhall meetings or on his Website?

Whoever thinks this is a fad or a trend or some kind of mindless idolatry hasn't been paying attention and has allowed the media and opposing campaigns to suck them into a whirlpool of manipulation.

I see them as the naive ones.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:44 AM

Old 02-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LPU2
There's several narratives being written about Obama right now. One says, simply, that he's a great speaker who commands large, enthusiastic crowds of young people, so he must lack substance...and they must lack information.

Narratives are nothing new: Hillary is smart so she must be cold; McCain is cooperative so he must unprincipled.

Most are false, but with Obama's, nothing could be further from the truth. Has anyone seen a more detail-packed set of policy proposals? Has any candidate more articulately outlined his positions in townhall meetings or on his Website?

Whoever thinks this is a fad or a trend or some kind of mindless idolatry hasn't been paying attention and has allowed the media and opposing campaigns to suck them into a whirlpool of manipulation.

I see them as the naive ones.
Bravo, well said!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #19
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:44 PM
I am admittedly still on the fence between Clinton and Obama. Both have great ideas and "plans" and many of them similar IMO. Obama just doesn't move me like he does the masses of followers that cheer and chant at his speeches. The man can talk, he's great at bringing people and communities together yet when it comes to international policy and other world issues I don't believe he can compare to Clinton's experience. Either candidate will be a very welcome change to what we've suffered with Bush. These next few months will be interesting as things heat up. It's just the "dirty politics" I don't like. On a positive note I have never followed candidates more closely than I have this campaign in all my years as a registered voter (faithfully since age 18)
Old 03-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
You know, you're continued mocking of Obama supporters is getting a little tiresome, deep.
Yeah.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

He says he'll give us universal health care by the end of his first term. Yeah,he's inexperienced. But we need to get rid of Bush.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks deep. In fact, I'm going to a peace rally this afternoon. I go every Saturday.