I see London I see France, I see Saddam's Underpants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
BAGHDAD, Iraq - British and American newspapers published photos Friday showing an imprisoned Saddam Hussein clad only in his underwear and washing his laundry, prompting an angry U.S. military to launch an investigation and the Red Cross to say the pictures may violate the Geneva Conventions.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050520/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_saddam_photos_6

saddam.jpg

There is absoultely no need to show him in in his underwear. The only thing this will do is infuriate people who already want to kill us.

Numb1075 said:
The only thing this will do is infuriate people who already want to kill us.

The people who want to "kill us" are already infuriated and will act on their hatred regardless of the Saddam picture.

I'm not so sure I like this. I'll be damned if I care about Saddam, but if it's a violation of the Geneva Conventions I think someone has screwed up.

nbcrusader said:

The people who want to "kill us" are already infuriated and will act on their hatred regardless of the Saddam picture.
Well, nbc when will you learn that this is not the way to win the hearts and minds of muslims. Personaly i don`t care if he is shown in underwear ( jesus in nailed to the cross almost nude also ) but this will rage muslims again. Is this the way the western world is showing their civilisation to the babaric muslims ?

It not about how we see it, it is importaint to learn how different cultures would see it.

Muslims have no need to be offended by the picture of Saddam. I'm not saying they won't be, but they shouldn't be. He was a secular leader who killed more Muslims than Christians in his reign of terror.

80sU2isBest said:
Muslims have no need to be offended by the picture of Saddam. I'm not saying they won't be, but they shouldn't be. He was a secular leader who killed more Muslims than Christians in his reign of terror.

Yeah, you know that Osama denounced Saddam as an "infidel" in one of those tapes that he's put out. The only Muslims who liked Saddam were some of the Sunnis in Iraq; not all Iraqi Sunnis liked Saddam, either. It would be terrible if they'd put something Koranic on that tabloid, but they didn't.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Headache,

Your subpoena is in the mail.

Saddam to sue over prison photos
Saddam Hussein plans to take legal action after a British newspaper published photos of him half-naked in his prison cell and doing his washing.

"We will sue the newspaper and everyone who helped in showing these pictures," said Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer, Robert Shapiro speaking from Brentwood.

I'm going to sue whoever made me look at that picture. Thank gawd no one put one of Bush like that on the cover of the NY Post.

verte76 said:
I'm not so sure I like this. I'll be damned if I care about Saddam, but if it's a violation of the Geneva Conventions I think someone has screwed up.

Have we not been there before? Do we have anyone in charge out there....hello....hello......is this a place called vertigo?

:huh:

80sU2isBest said:

Very true.

I think the whole Saddam pictures thing is a side issue, and won't make much difference one way or the other.

i think we can now assume that Saddam's murderous regime was, in fact, a means of overcompensation.

much like Hitler and his single tesitcle.

sharky said:
I'm going to sue whoever made me look at that picture. Thank gawd no one put one of Bush like that on the cover of the NY Post.

Flight Suit. "Mission Accomplished" nonsense.

think the presidential "bulge" wasn't a deliberate decision?

Like we really WANT to help his sperm count, Headache. His sons were complete:censored: ...thnak God I can write WERE, past tense.

And tight trousers don't necessarily harm anybody's sperm count. If that were true Bono would be sterile. He's the walking example of years of tight trou.

*thinks back to 2 nights ago..OH DEAR...*

(I met the band Saturday night, even Larry...if you want head over to PLEBA where I'm finishing my account....)

Back
Top Bottom