I say we give in and then it will all be over!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt we will ever be able to test out that theory because peace and justice in Israel doesn't seem to be any closer and every day the situation we created in Iraq worsens. :(

Wolfowitz once made a comment about the real reason why they wanted to "liberate" Iraq, and it was so they could pull out of Saudi Arabia and install a permanent military base there to take pressure off of Saudi Arabia, since they knew terrorism was being inflamed by their presence on the Saudi peninsula.

"WMDs" was merely the excuse presented to the public and the UN "that everyone could agree upon."

Melon

randhail said:
It would be a real smart idea to take terrorists at their word. :huh:

thats what I am thinking:huh:

and no way should we...its gotta end and laying down to thier demands isn't the way.

I'm pretty sure the original poster was being sarcastic. :wink:

But, the bottom line is that we already got ourselves into this mess in Iraq and we're going to have to find some way to get ourselves out without leaving Iraq in total chaos.

Also, if we ever have any kind of serious peace in Israel, it probably won't be for a few generations at least.

melon said:
Wolfowitz once made a comment about the real reason why they wanted to "liberate" Iraq, and it was so they could pull out of Saudi Arabia and install a permanent military base there to take pressure off of Saudi Arabia, since they knew terrorism was being inflamed by their presence on the Saudi peninsula.

"WMDs" was merely the excuse presented to the public and the UN "that everyone could agree upon."

Melon

jeeze...dreadsox has been making these comments for years.

ouizy said:
Am I?

Were you being sarcastic or something?

I take it the idea presented in this thread was done tongue in cheek.

I think the phrase "serve up Israel" only was used to show the extent of the extremist thinking.

There is no way in hell we should consider abandoning Israel to any degree.

Because appeasing wingnut extremist groups has worked well in subduing them in the past. Once they have "what they want" they'll no longer cause problems, assuming they even know what it is they want in the first place, right? Hitler, anyone?

But hey, if that's the policy we should go with, just think: If we had left the Third Reich in power instead of defeating and deposing them, we wouldn't have to worry about terror in the middle east because they'd all be ethnically cleansed by now. You always trade one set of problems for another anyway, and maybe we'd be trading into a worse scenario, so there's surely nothing wrong with this argument.

Yep, there we have it, the famous "take our troops out of Saudi Arabia" reason that I like. They want us out of there. F:censored:k the terrorists. The Wahhabists couldn't do politics in Iraq under Saddam, but he favored Sunni Muslims. Now he's not there telling them not to do politics and they're blowing up Shia mosques since they claim that the Shia are infidels. Good grief, this situation is confusing. I stiill don't like the neocon "liberation" idea, I think it's hopelessly naive and I still have the same dislike of Rumsfeld that I always had. But we just can't leave the mess the way it is, we've got to try to clean up.

Last edited:
Seriously though, I'm starting to think the insurgency has more to do with how few people we've blown up, not how many. They didn't have problems like this in the Soviet Union, our good buddy Saddam didn't have problems with terrorists. Someone tried to shoot him, he rounded up 200 men from the town and killed them. Our troops don't instill fear in the populace, the terrorists/insurgents/freedom fighters/martyrs do. People are ruled by fear.

Hell, let's adopt a new policy...everytime one of ours dies, we'll round up 100 people and shoot them. "they put one of yours in the hospital, you put one of theirs in the morgue."

I'm being sarcastic of course, I don't want innocent people to die, I truly don't. I just don't understand exactly what we're doing there right now. Our guys aren't involved in any major operations for the most part, they're moving targets! Like our patrols, what are we patrolling for? The Iraqi civilians don't feel safer when our guys roll through, they get the hell out of the area, and I don't blame them.

It's so frustrating...I've been talking to my friend's cousin who just got back. And he was explaining how hard it is to "accomplish" anything when you're trying to be on a moral high ground in relation to the enemy, trying to avoid civilian deaths when the enemy can use their tactics of fear over the population successfully.

/rant

:banghead:

Dreadsox said:
jeeze...dreadsox has been making these comments for years.

And I've been repeating this one for a year or two in here. :sexywink:

Melon

Our Soldiers are in a horrible situation, regarding Iraq. And are doing their best to protect Iraqi civilians from the Insurgents. Who honestly don't care whom they kill, including children. The insurgents simply want body bags. They want to instill fear and do not any kind of peace.

Back
Top Bottom