I saw a kinder gentler GW Bush tonight..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
He delivered a good speech.
He still is pleading w Iraq to follow the UN Sanctions they promised to 11 yrs ago...

There is still hope:up:

If not-
the blood of the innocent citizens of Iraq will be on the hands of Saddam
as the blood of the innocent civilians of Afganistan are on the hands of Osama..

All it would take is for them to surrender or step down..(Saddam and Osama)
Pray for hope.
Pray for peace.
Pray the tyrannts do the right thing..

Peace-
diamond

Its always wishful thinking that they(the tyrants) will do the right thing. But its always a good thing to pray for peace.

diamond said:

as the blood of the innocent civilians of Afganistan are on the hands of Osama..

I dont think that Osama and Saddam care AT ALL when ppl die!

diamond said:
If not-
most of it will indeed be on the hands of Sadam and Osama
but not all of it

it would be a lot easier on our consience if it were
but if we really think a war is the best way to secure peace in the future we will just have to live with this

diamond said:

All it would take is for them to surrender or step down..(Saddam and Osama)
Pray for hope.
Pray for peace.
Pray the tyrannts do the right thing..

Peace-
diamond

Such a small ask isn't it.

Re: Re: I saw a kinder gentler GW Bush tonight..

adamswildhoney said:

I dont think that Osama and Saddam care AT ALL when ppl die!

One of the most true statements I have ever read on these boards!!!!!!

Peace to all.

I saw a GW who wasnt-
trigger happy
gun-ho

and he said that-
he was going to go thru the UN AGAIN to get Iraq to quit playing games during inspections.
He said he would build a coalition of nations before all else -if need be.
He also said a military strike is not imminent-sp.

I saw a determined man hoping for a peaceful resolution:up:
I saw a world leader in good form:)
I saw a Republican who was sexy:sexywink:

DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
sorry, Diamond, no sale

My favorite part was when he said "America is a friend to the Iraqi people." Yeah. Uh-huh. He really said that. Maybe it helps him sleep at night.

Re: sorry, Diamond, no sale

joyfulgirl said:
My favorite part was when he said "America is a friend to the Iraqi people." Yeah. Uh-huh. He really said that. Maybe it helps him sleep at night.
So-
Your postion is Joyful THAT
GW wants innocent civilians dead in the streets of Iraq.?
Is this your position?
Please clarify..

diamond:|

W. is a fraud. Kinder, gentler?. , that is bullshit. He is just trying to SELL this the American people who don?t want it. If Saudis did not crash planes into the World Trade Towers, the Taliban would still be in power in Afghanistan. Prior to a 911 the Bushies were trying to cut a deal for a pipeline with the Taliban. They did not care about Taliban abuses. Women rights groups were complaining. Bush was silent.

Bush is trigger happy, just trying to conceal it, to get the resolutions through. If the Iraqis comply fully he will create an incident.

Yea, he cares about the Iraqi people, like he cared about the Afghanis before 911 and like he cares about the Palestinian people.

deep said:
W. is a fraud. Kinder, gentler?. , that is bullshit. He is just trying to SELL this the American people who don?t want it. If Saudis did not crash planes into the World Trade Towers, the Taliban would still be in power in Afghanistan. Prior to a 911 the Bushies were trying to cut a deal for a pipeline with the Taliban. They did not care about Taliban abuses. Women rights groups were complaining. Bush was silent.

Bush is trigger happy, just trying to conceal it, to get the resolutions through. If the Iraqis comply fully he will create an incident.

Yea, he cares about the Iraqi people, like he cared about the Afghanis before 911 and like he cares about the Palestinian people.
deep-
Nice to have u come out of hiding.
Always look forward to your openminded contributions;)

So after Bush gets -
Congress' approval
The Senates' approval
The UN's backing-(if Iraq fails to comply)..to even NEWER resolutions..
A Coaliation of Nations of Oppose Countries who sponsor and harbor terrorists..

What will your response be then?
What will your response be AFTER he helps rebuild Iraq after Saddam is removed..?
Oh I know-
"Bush is just trying to look good"..ever predictable..Mr deep;)

Your noted hostility to GW is unhealthy.
Perhaps if you wouldnt of voted for Gore..you wouldnt be so angry..:)

See-
What you are saying is that you have NO CONFIDENCE in our elected officials -
-both Democrat and Republican..-
-that GW is capapable of duping them..when they vote
-That the "BRILLIANT GW" is pulling the wool over their eyes..you see, Mr deep:)

I have more confidence in our elected officials than you:)

Have you considered reregistering as a Democrat yet?..most "sell-outs" do:up:

Chow-

diamond

Last edited:
diamond said:
Have you considered reregistering as a Democrat yet?..most "sell-outs" do:up:
I am going to pretend this is meant as a jest
but I don't think it's funny

Be careful Khanada. If you did watch the speech and you write what you think, someone may not like it and get upset.:coocoo: :tsk:

deep :sexywink:

diamond said:

deep-
Always look forward to your openminded contributions;)

I hope you don't mean to imply b/c he doesn't agre with you he is not being openminded. i know you put a ';)' there but still..

diamond said:

So after Bush gets -
Congress' approval
The Senates' approval
The UN's backing-(if Iraq fails to comply)..to even NEWER resolutions..
A Coaliation of Nations of Oppose Countries who sponsor and harbor terrorists..

What will your response be then?
What will your response be AFTER he helps rebuild Iraq after Saddam is removed..?
Oh I know-
"Bush is just trying to look good"..ever predictable..Mr deep;)

Chow-

diamond

Why don't we wait and see if all these things happen.

IF they do, I think a fair response would still be: What about you(Bush) trying to cut a deal for a pipeline with the Taliban. Why did you overlook Taliban abuses? Why were you silent to people who complained?

:eyebrow:

~Olive

Well if Bush woulda went over there because women were being abused only..
many woulda screamed he was overstepping his bounds..

deep only comes out usually in a negative fashion in my threads thats all.. I was jokingly pointing that out:)
-he is always trying to b an older brother here in this forum as in real life:)..

My hope is that-
war is averted:up:
and IF SO
my challenge would be to deep and likeminded Bushhaters to post a favorable thread re this issue-how war was averted ect:)

As far as the pipeline deal, I forget -but there is an answer..somebody better versed on this issue should come forward I hope:huh:

Mr deep, -
Plez let Khan speak for herself, I know her to be perfectly capable...

Lastly-
For the record-
My hope is that war is averted.
We can disagree here civily.:)
60 per cent of the members on Interfernce.Com will oppose striking Iraq
70 per cent of the elected officials in the USA will support striking Iraq -if they fail to comply.
Its ok to disagree..

If The United Nations says its ok for a United Coalition of Nations oppose to terrorist states to strike Iraq I would encourage some here to write Kofi a letter of protest;)

thanks-
Peace Out-
-diamond-

Last edited:
So the only solution is for THEM to surrender? Do you hear how arrogant that sounds? Iraqi's have every right to control their own destinies and having America conquer their land and their leader (whether or not the majority of the people actually want him in power) will only lead to greater problems.

Why don't the American people demand that Bush resign due to the 400,000 fewer votes he received in the 2000 elections? By this rational of resignation, Bush is also in power despite the will of the people, right?

If America had kept its hand out of the Middle East there wouldn't be any problem with Saddam, Osama, and so on and so on. Let's just face it: America is the new Roman Empire and by forcing a country thousands of miles away to give up sovereignty is along the same lines as those ruthless Roman emperors.

diamond said:

deep-

In the last week I have posted on this board about 15-16 times, I don't know what you are talking about.

deep only comes out usually in a negative fashion in my threads thats all.. I was jokingly pointing that out:)
-he is always trying to b an older brother here in this forum as in real life

This is so not true.
Treat my post like any other member. o k?

I watched the speech, so I responded to this thread. Some members agreed with my post, and some disagreed, and so it goes.

One of these days , i'm going to cut you into little pieces

ok , Diamond , War dude...chill out ... maybe they will elect u to be the next president , and i'll not be surprised ... you 're sucha a genious .....Heil!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Re: Re: sorry, Diamond, no sale

diamond said:

So-
Your postion is Joyful THAT
GW wants innocent civilians dead in the streets of Iraq.?
Is this your position?
Please clarify..

diamond:|

Wants innocent civilians dead? No. But the U.S. interest in Iraq has never been about being a 'friend' to the people and let's not pretend that it is. That is hugely arrogant and insulting to the 1 million Iraqi civilians who have died since 1991. You can argue that Sadam is to blame for that or you can argue that the U.S. & British economic sanctions are to blame, but don't pretend for one second that the Iraqi people think the United States is a friend to them. Don't forget that in 1996, then-Secretary of State Madeline Albright said that the death of 500,000 Iraqi children as a result of the sanctions was 'worth it.'

I completely agree with deep. As an American, I am more horrified each day by the stupid things that come out of Bush's mouth.

I still think more highly of my 8 month old Collie puppy than I do of Bush. At least the dog barks eloquently

And yes, that's a personal opinion to which I'm entitled to as a human being. I don't need help or conversion to Bush love, thanks. :)

As for this Iraq war, it's a foregone conclusion. I would have a lot more respect for Bush and Co. if I felt they were honest - feeding me this BS about countries not honouring UN resolutions rings false and hypocritical.

Back
Top Bottom