I really wish some folk would give our beloved President a break..Irony of it all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond, its funny how you'll bag on your brother for posting his response but you wont address the reply.

icelle said:
give our president a break? no. some of our soldiers were executed in iraq. he threw our country into war. nope...no break for him.
I disagree with your assertion..

Deep-
I think its regettable you bring up something from 20 years ago in our President's past.
Esp when it is getting no traction.:)

DB9

The overwhelming majority of the
Senate
Congress
and
American Public

support Pres Bush on this issue.:)

DB9

I find it hard to believe that the majority of the American Public support war with Iraq when you see so many anti-war demonstrators everywhere.

I am angry that some of our soldiers gave the ultimate sacrifice, and that our soldiers are without their families. Today I saw that the troops gained control of one of the oil fields. I thought this mission was to disarm Iraq from the banned weapons? What is the purpose of this? Right. Operation Iraqi Freedom my ass. Can someone explain to me since I'm just starting to watch the news again?

diamond said:
The overwhelming majority of the
Senate
Congress
and
American Public

support Pres Bush on this issue.:)

DB9

What issue?

AWOL, desertion?
I think he should come clean on this.

let's hear what the American public thinks about this.

Why doesn't he go on 60 minutes and let them ask any thing they want?
Clinton had the courage to do it.
The American people knew what they had with him.

W is a fraud.

Diamond - do you support enlisted men going AWOL?

icelle said:
give our president a break? no. some of our soldiers were executed in iraq. he threw our country into war. nope...no break for him.

ditto :up:

i got this in an email that was forwarded to me...some of you may have seen it before

336%3B%3B42723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D42%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3A8%3B8%3B9ot1lsi

deep said:

What issue?

AWOL, desertion?
I think he should come clean on this.

let's hear what the American public thinks about this.

Why doesn't he go on 60 minutes and let them ask any thing they want?
Clinton had the courage to do it.
The American people knew what they had with him.

W is a fraud.

Diamond - do you support enlisted men going AWOL?

Deep-
Stay on topic.:)
This thread started out with satarical theme but "somebody's" clear antimosity for GW surfaced.;)

W is not a fraud ,he has the majority of the country behind him, including the majority of Democrats.:yes:
Your indiviual anger for that will not change that.:)

60 mins is beneath him, he is not trying to salvage his credibility the way Clinton had to salvage his credibility w/a looming Impeachment.

Scarlet-
Youre entitled to your opinion.

Icelle-
As you know there are about 300,000,000 million citizens in the USA.
Less than 1 per cent of these 300 million have showed up at AntiWar rallies in our country.
The protesters are in the minority, no matter how many times the news shows telecasts an antiwar rally.

The silent majority usually dont have rallies like these.
Never have never will.
We show our support different ways.

As you are sad Icelle, we are all sad when a solider or innocent civilian loses their life, Iraqi or American.

Continue to watch the news w an openmind.

Sicy-
Hello:wave:

Respectfully-

Diamond
Bruno
:dance:

Last edited:
I believe deep was on topic.

You've got to expect that posting a thread like this there are going to be many people that disagree with you.

If you were smart you would have used a different title. It could have changed the entire direction of this thread.

well ive been the most respectable in this thread:angry:

daschlelowres.jpg

20020911-3_liberty1-250h.jpg

choose
your
leader.

web-4-sou-laurabushwave-p26159-13-ss-398h.jpg

Last edited:
. WHERE WAS GEORGE W. BUSH IN 1972 ??? AMERICAN VETERANS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!!! Last May, the Boston Globe reported that from May 1972 to May 1973, George W. Bush performed ZERO hours of duty for his commitment to the Texas Air National Guard , even though all National Guard members are required to serve one weekend a month and perform fifteen active duty days a year. After that first newspaper story, a few of us from across the country discussed it in an online forum as we waited to learn more. During the presidential primaries, we all watched as Bush "surrogates" questioned John McCain's record in Vietnam, where McCain was held as a P.O.W. for six years. Still we waited for answers to the real and troubling questions about Bush's own service record. But we got no answers from the media, because since that story was printed, most U.S. media outlets have reported... absolutely nothing about this story. It's not because any of the questions about Governor Bush's service record were answered, either: His responses to the Boston Globe report have contradicted his military records, standard military procedures, the testimony of his former commanding officers, and even his official biography. He has not been able to produce even one eyewitness to confirm that he reported for duty during the "missing year". If George W. Bush wants to be our Commander in Chief, shouldn't we know if he was derelict in his own duty? Many of us don't care about what George W. Bush did when he was "young and irresponsible". We do, however, care about what he does today. Governor Bush has made "honor and dignity" and "personal responsibility" central themes of his campaign, but will not give truthful answers about his own military service. And after allowing supporters to question the honor and service of a Vet who was tortured as a P.O.W., WE WANT THE TRUTH! Martin Heldt, an Iowa farmer, has done what all the print and broadcast journalists were unable or unwilling to do: he reviewed the few newspaper reports and used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain Gov. Bush's National Guard records. Mr. Heldt's research has uncovered a disturbing picture of Gov. Bush's dereliction of duty. You can see the newspaper reports, military records, and a timeline of relevant events at the following web site: http://www.awol.gq.nu . . When a single concerned Iowa farmer had to do what the major media companies wouldn't, we realized that the only way we will get an answer to this question is if we asked it ourselves. We are not a political action committee. We aren't a "soft-money" outfit. We are simply a group of individual Citizens and Veterans, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, contributing our own time because we believe the people deserve a straight answer to a simple question: GEORGE W. BUSH: WHERE WERE YOU IN `72?

diamond said:

The silent majority usually dont have rallies like these.
Never have never will.
We show our support different ways.

Silent majority? Yours is a vocal majority, d. It's really not cool or fashionable at all to disagree with your vocal majority. Your majority wants to kick our asses. Your majority is really angry at us (the un-American, not-properly-pleasing-to-Jesus-Christ-our-Lord-and-Saviour-with-our-treasonous-views minority).
:wave: :yes: :kiss:

pub crawler said:

Silent majority? Yours is a vocal majority, d. It's really not cool or fashionable at all to disagree with your vocal majority. Your majority wants to kick our asses. Your majority is really angry at us (the un-American, not-properly-pleasing-to-Jesus-Christ-our-Lord-and-Saviour-with-our-treasonous-views minority).
:wave: :yes: :kiss:

Amen my funk soul brotha to that one.

Agh. I thought this might lead somewhere. I wanted to close it when you first posted it, thinking it woul either go no where, or would errupt into a fight. Surprise suprise, it went no where.
Maybe you and Dubya should get a room, D.

I still want to close this.

But the pic make me laff :wink:

Back
Top Bottom