I REALLY wish GAY guys would STOP it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is sorta related and sorta not... anyways, heregoes.

People who use sexuality as basis for an insult. I think youll all agree with me when I say that its wrong and nonsensical, but it happens so damn often and it pisses me off... Firstly, Im not gay, secondly, how can you make that judgement if you dont know me, and thirdly, why waste your time randomly searching for people on icq and calling them 'fags' when you live on the other side of the country.

This happened to me when I was on icq one afternoon, someone searched for me, and to their dismay met quite a fight from me, and I in fact had the last laugh on them. Essentially, they messaged me saying something to the degree of 'hi, are you gay?' and i said 'no, im afraid im not, why?' and then the next string of messages proceeded to be something along the lines of me making arguments why you shouldnt use sexual orientation as a means of insult, to which I received the replies 'fag' 'fag boy' 'butt pirate' 'thats fag talk' etc. Now, I became somewhat irked, but lacking better judgement I continued to argue. I said to the guy, 'If the accepted norm of society was homosexuality, and you were included in that majority, and someone started harassing you and calling you straight-boy, would you be insulted?' to which he replied no, I asked if he saw my point and he said 'yeah its up someones ass'. This was the point where I lost my temper and started insulting his intelligence, working a wonderous display of high-strung vocabulary around him, also calling him an idiot - a term even he could understand. He gave up on the sexuality based insults and threatened to kick my ass. I reminded him that he was 2500 miles away and if he wants to kick my ass he can get on a plane and bring it, finished by calling him a complete dumbass whos only alive because its illegal to shoot him and people like him, at which point I put him on my ignore list.

Now, its this kind of idiocy that causes me to have a deeply seeded hatred for humanity.

Next story, also icq, someone from europe messaged me asking if I was gay, this was prior to my first example mind you, by almost a year I believe, I pleasantly declined, he asked if I would like to try, I declined again, and that was the end of that discussion.

Now, from other experiance, I will agree with everything that everyone has said thus far about homosexual men being much more pleasant than the heterosexual male population, now Im sure that there are exceptions to the rule as there always are, however I have yet to find any gay men who have been harsh, rash, abrasive, or aggressive to the same degree as Ive faced from the other portion of the gender. I see nothing wrong with homosexuality, and having mod powers on a gaming-related forum I delete any message/thread which includes the use of the term fag, because as a straight person it insults me that there can be such sweeping ignorance in our "civil" world.

Thats about all I have to say on this issue. Although I must say, this thread has been handled very well, and Im glad that we can all hold a decent conversation in here without people getting jumpy and taking offense :) :up: keep up the good work folks :up:

Last edited:
Mr Soulful-
Glad you got things figured out in your life:idea:
Thanks for feeling comfortable enough to share your past dilema:idea:
Im ok basically w any ones sexual orientation..just have a problem w the folk that are too forward or assumtive..straight or gay..:ohmy:

pinkfloyd-Are these SuperNovaType parties?
have fun if they are;):)

Diamond:cool:

Lara Mullen said:
I I dont understand- why should this make a difference????- its not like straight ppl boast about being straight- i just dont think its right

--How many pictures of spouses/significant others do you see straight people hang up at work? Now how many do you see of gay partners?

--I had to listen for about two hours or so why my female co-worker wanted to dump her "hot" boyfriend, because he wasn't as "hot" as another guy who "swept her off her feet" at the bar last night. I really didn't give a fuck, but you can get fired for being gay in most American states.

--How many times do I see some girl hanging all over their boyfriend like their attached to the hip? And if two gay guys are together, they are somehow "flaunting" themselves "shamelessly."

I don't know why straight people have to constantly and implicitly boast that they are straight. I just don't think it's right.

You just don't notice the "boasting," because it is so societally ingrained.

Melon

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
This is sorta related and sorta not... anyways, heregoes.

People who use sexuality as basis for an insult. I think youll all agree with me when I say that its wrong and nonsensical, but it happens so damn often and it pisses me off... Firstly, Im not gay, secondly, how can you make that judgement if you dont know me

I always found it to be illogical :eyebrow: that bystanders would know nothing about one person (such as, what's their name, what they do for work, where do they live, where they were born, etc. etc.) ... and people seem to think that targeting in on one's sexuality is easier than finding out about all the more personal, intimate information... like when's your birthday?

I don't know why straight people have to constantly and implicitly boast that they are straight. I just don't think it's right.

You just don't notice the "boasting," because it is so societally ingrained.

Melon [/B]

yeah... cultural constructs that people fail to see.... goddamn boasters

i could write a long essay discussing the development of this cultural pattern back to 19th cent. English public schools, but i won't waste my breath.... think productivity, capitalism, protestantism, and Queen Victoria... its just baggage

Last edited:
I kinda could understand where Melon is coming from..seriously:yes:

I also HATE straight fellows who constantly speak of their sexual conquests.
Sometimes I find myself hating myself:(

Out-
DB9

i dunno about parties , but i do like Queen and David Bowie , honestly i can understand some of them , imagine they want love and in 78% in attempt to have a conversation they're facing brutality , disrespect etc , btw i'm straight :lemon: :lemon:

I have had an encounter with a gay man at a restaraunt and its kind of funny. I went to dinner one nite with my gram and my mom and the waiter was like "So girlfriends, what can i get you all?"
and he would constantly pat my mom shoulder and give her like back rubs, when he asked how dinner was. Thats not even the funnest part! So there im eating me dinner when all of sudden i get a pat on my head and he goes and i quote "duck duck, Goose!" I completely lost it and started busting a gut bc of the way that he said it! I know that he is gay bc ive seen him around!

TylerDurden said:
I don't care if someone - regardless of sex - tells you they think you are good looking, cute, whatever, its a great little boost for the night, and if you've ever been to a gay club, you've been to a party.

Agreed

Diamond I am offended

and Tyler Durden;
If you were to grab my ass at the club (like the way Lemonite grabbed that boy's cute ass from O-Town) and then mention the words "sport-fuck" in my ear I think we would go down to the basement and have a bloody brawl;)

for me i see no offence , cause i prefer females , so what , gays are normal people , cause it's nature and you can't walk against it , like it's ugly to act against different races , religions .. to differ each other not by our minds , feelings but by color of skin , sex , place where you were born , or by religion u were raised by .. me i love girlz , Love is Blindness...............

I do find this amusing. As it stands, the public perception of gays in here are:

--they party all the time
--they are flamboyant
--they are irrepressibly silly ("duck, duck, goose")
--they have funny voices
--they can't help but grab straight people
--they are a girl's best friend
--etc.

I guess you get the idea. Essentially, they are a plaything for you, right? Like Sorgie, I cannot help but chuckle at this thread...

Melon

Umm.
I met this local polictian who was canvesing the neighborhood.:)
The guy knocked on my door.
He was dashing, handsome, shook my hand. called me "Mr" ect.
He was ex military.
Very professinal.
Nice posture.
Knew his facts..ect:)
He was Republican.
I voted for him..

btw-
He was Gay:idea:: Whoopie -doo;)
DB9

Last edited:
Basstrap said:
Not long ago, I was walking down the street and this guy comes up to me who I knew was gay even before he talked to me.

How did you know they were gay?

Are there gay stereotypes that clued you in?

MicK

Sicy said:
For one thing diamond.. I dont really think this thread is all that appropriate, and if I get complaints I'll close it.

Why are some subjects here taboo?

Mick

The point of this thread was simple:idea:
It is ABOUT ppl making UNWANTED unsumptions or suggestions.:idea:
All
people-
Staright ppl
Gay ppl
Normal Freaks;)

Everyone who is interested in another should proceed intellegently, ok?:idea:
Hope this clarifies..

DB9
:)

McGlinn said:

How did you know they were gay?

Are there gay stereotypes that clued you in?

MicK

lets just say that in some extreme cases you just know...ok?

I'm not a generalizing type of person and it is a pet peeve of mine when people stereotype.

diamond said:
The point of this thread was simple:idea:
It is ABOUT ppl making UNWANTED unsumptions or suggestions.:idea:
All
people-
Staright ppl
Gay ppl
Normal Freaks;)
Oh please, Diamond, did you even look at your own topic? I think you were quite clear about who you were referring to.

I once again refer you to my original reply.

Klodomir said:
Oh please, Diamond, did you even look at your own topic? I think you were quite clear about who you were referring to.

I once again refer you to my original reply.

Klodo-
I titled the thread that way to bait ppl into a discussion and w/o malice towards gay ppl:idea:.
If you reread the whole thread you will get my intentions:idea:
A more proper title should have been-"I wish obstrusive ppl would stop harrassing unsuspectng ppl"
That wouldnt gotten much play tho-
Context dear:)

DB9:cool:

Well-written posts do tend to get responses - and with a much higher signal-to-noise ratio than this sort of thing.

hmm...I didn't read this thread until just now so excuse my brain being everywhere.

Diamond, now you know what its like for a woman when you hit on her at a bar. If you flirt, fine. No biggie. But ANY guy who is too upfront and forward regardless of sexual preference is annoying.

On another note, I once flirted with a guy for four hours before he mentioned he was attracted to men. It happens to all of us.

As for the weirdness of gayness I guess you could say-- I used to be like that. I grew up in an upper middle class suburb where I would never have any interaction with gay people. And then I graduated from college and it turns out I have a friend who is bi-sexual and a friend who is a gay...and then another friend comes out of the closet. I liked them before I knew and I had no problem with it.

Last month I went out to dinner to Chelsea-- a traditionally gay neighborhood in NYC-- the night before the gay pride parade. Everywhere you looked were gay and lesbian couples just holding hands or with their arms around each other. And I didn't mind. Anytime you see two people in love, its a beautiful thing.

OMG! I know what you mean. Because my husband is so thin and still looks like he goes to high school, most gay/bi men assume that he's gay. It's funny because they automatically think I'm just his friend who just likes to hold his hand. DUH! I have to beat them off with a stick! I almost got in a fight with a tranvestite who would leave him alone and kept calling him, leaving messages for him like, " when you're ready to confront you little boy inside, give me a call." What a b*tch! Well, any who-ha. Does it happen often or just that one time? Good luck getting them to leave you alone, they are more persistant than women.:tsk:

sharky said:
hmm...I didn't read this thread until just now so excuse my brain being everywhere.

Diamond, now you know what its like for a woman when you hit on her at a bar. If you flirt, fine. No biggie. But ANY guy who is too upfront and forward regardless of sexual preference is annoying.

On another note, I once flirted with a guy for four hours before he mentioned he was attracted to men. It happens to all of us.

As for the weirdness of gayness I guess you could say-- I used to be like that. I grew up in an upper middle class suburb where I would never have any interaction with gay people. And then I graduated from college and it turns out I have a friend who is bi-sexual and a friend who is a gay...and then another friend comes out of the closet. I liked them before I knew and I had no problem with it.

Last month I went out to dinner to Chelsea-- a traditionally gay neighborhood in NYC-- the night before the gay pride parade. Everywhere you looked were gay and lesbian couples just holding hands or with their arms around each other. And I didn't mind. Anytime you see two people in love, its a beautiful thing.

Jenny-
Im glad you got it right.

Dave
:idea:

melon said:
I do find this amusing. As it stands, the public perception of gays in here are:

--they are flamboyant
--they have funny voices
--etc.

I guess you get the idea. Essentially, they are a plaything for you, right? Like Sorgie, I cannot help but chuckle at this thread...

Melon

I'm glad you're chuckling. I'm closer to upchucking.

melon said:

--they are flamboyant
--they have funny voices
--etc.

Well, melon, I know some gay men who are like that. However, I also know some gay men who are total opposites.

Stereotypes suck, but SOMETIMES people do fit the description.

Bonochick said:

Well, melon, I know some gay men who are like that. However, I also know some gay men who are total opposites.

Stereotypes suck, but SOMETIMES people do fit the description.

I hear ya BC...I do know some gay men who are "stereotypical" and they play it up big time but that's just who they are. I also know some gay men who fit the stereotypical "straight" mold.

As a matter of fact, I know a long time couple who are one of each...my nephew is very flamboyant and has lots of female friends he goes shopping with but his "husband" is a very masculine, athletic looking guy who give off none of those stereotypical "gay vibes."

I also know quite a few lesbians, both family and friends, and although some fit the "butch" stereotype and even joke about it, most don't and you would never know they were gay unless they told you. They wear dresses and makeup and jewelery, not just jeans and boots.

I don't like stereotypes either but some do fit. What I do wish is that people wouldn't get so creeped out by a gay person showing interest in them. A simple "sorry I'm straight" is all you need to say...its happened to me and its not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom