I really need your prayers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yesterday my girlfriend of three years broke up with me. I had been going out with her since I was 16. I'm completely devastated and really have no idea how to cope with it. I was closer to her than anyone in my life and we had so many great memories. We were there for eacother for EVERYTHING. Her and I had been through so much together (some of you may remember my previous post about her and I). She was basically everything I was looking forward to in the future. I'm was going to college to get a degree just so in the future I could support her. I know I should keep going... but I'm thinking of just dropping out this quarter... I don't know if I can concentrate right now.

We've had a long distance relationship since we've been going out. We've always lived a couple hours apart. We still always managed to see eachother reglarly though. Recently she went to college, which is a few hours away from me, and things started changing. She lost time for me and told me she fell out of love with me over the past couple of weeks. She used to be extremely needy. Before we started going out I became great gfriends with her and we talked about everything. I introduced her to christianity and over the past couple of years her life completely transformed. Eveything had been going perfectly until her move to college. I really don't understand why or know what to think. It's confusing to me.

Over the past couple days I've been finding it extremely hard to cope. I can barely do anything or talk to anyone without breaking down. I know all of this sounds cliche'd, maybe it is, but that's fine. I never imagined this could be so painful and I really have no idea where my life will be going from here. I actually wanted to marry her someday. Thinking of her with another guy is just unbearable to me, but that and our memories are really all I can think about. I know this sounds selfish of me, and that I should want her to just be happy.

I know you've probably heard this story a million times, but I just needed to get it out. I don't really have anyone close to talk to about it, my girlfriend was the only person I ever really trusted.

Please pray for me. I'm gonna need it.

Last edited:
I know this doesn't help but it does get easier and in time you will actually see the things that don't fit. What is meant to be is meant to be and you have to believe in yourself to be strong. You will get through this and move on.

Take it from on old lady who had her heart broken too many times. The pain and lonliness does get better.

Losing love hurts like no other pain. Take it from someone who's lost it a few times too many.

But stay in school. Go to school for you, not anyone else.

You are young, this experience will help you grow in the long run. It hurts now but time will allow you to heal and see in hindsight that it wasn't right.

You should try to stay in college for yourself - it's a great experience and will help you as well, now and in the future

There's nothing anyone can really say to make heartbreak disappear, unfortunately it happens and it is hell. I hope you can find someone to talk to about it and you can find some sort of peace. You can't talk to your parents or another relative? Or a professional at school or elsewhere? That can be helpful sometimes. I know how tough it is to trust people, but sometimes you have to risk it and try. I know that from experience.

Good luck to you :)

I'm not going to drop out of school altogether. I was thinking just this quarter, which is a couple months. I don't think I can do too well with this on my mind. I'll probably get some bad grades and it will be a waste of money. I've never done well in school under stress.

I might find a fulltime job for the next couple of months to keep me busy.

i have lived though your pain more than once

i remember someone telling me
that “time heals all”

i felt like garbing him and telling him “there is gasoline all over me and I am on fire” and you are telling me "don't worry, eventually it will burn out and you can go on as stubble."

well, I have lived long enough to learn that my relationships, however important they seem, will not be healthy until I am right with myself, at peace with myself.

I took a lot of time and read a lot of books
and opened myself to different ways of thinking for personal growth

I have never felt healthier, more at peace than I do now

I have been told that I have a good sense of self and self worth

It took me sometime to get here.

I can pray for you

But, only you can save yourself.

No one can make you happy or give you happiness

Happiness comes from inside of you
and is something you can share

We create our own realities with self-talk.

And listening to others that have a program or agenda they want to sell

If you believe in God
then know that he has already given you everything you need inside yourself

Be strong and love yourself, forgive yourself, and be a better person each day.

You can find peace and joy in life, never abandon hope,
When I hit my lowest point the only thing I could hold on to
was that everything else the rest of my life would be easier.
That has been true and life has never been better.

Peace to you.

shart1780 said:
I'm not going to drop out of school altogether. I was thinking just this quarter, which is a couple months. I don't think I can do too well with this on my mind. I'll probably get some bad grades and it will be a waste of money. I've never done well in school under stress.

I might find a fulltime job for the next couple of months to keep me busy.

Or, it might take your mind off it as you make new friends and have new experiences. I'm sorry for your heartache. Losing the first love is the toughest, they say, and was certainly my experience, but time is the great healer. :hug:

And now I'm going to run away before I get yelled at for using the 'time heals' line.

ugh, i'm so sorry you're in so much pain right now. losing someone you love hurts like nothing else.

i agree with everyone who's posted so far--all you can do right now is to just try to get through it, and trust that the day will come when it doesn't hurt so much anymore. in the meantime, definitely keep yourself in school. my last break up was hopefully the worst one i'll ever go through, and school was the only thing that kept me going. i decided to pour all of my energy, frustration, and pain into that semester, and it definitely worked. i got kick ass marks that semester (somehow, lol), and when it was over, i felt better about myself and my life, a sense of accomplishment. progress. healing.

give yourself time to grieve--you need it. just don't let yourself wallow in it for too long. you're going to be okay, even if you don't feel it now.

My prayers are offered.

My suggestion is to not quit school even for a little while; because then you'll have all this free time to sulk and get horribly depressed.

I encourage you to go for counseling, if it is too unbearable. But life will go on.

Melon

done
:hug:

deep wrote a good post.

once when my first wife and i were splitting up..i walked around in a haze for weeks..had a sort of breakdown..

and not till i realized my selfworth thru meditation and prayer..and the intercession of family and friends..who are angels in a human form..was i able to pull thru it.

so know that friends are here praying for you..and..when you're ready..you will feel the self worth and healthy self love once again and you will be ready for somebody who will love you as much as you loved your ex.

god bless you.

diamond

nice job deep

whatever you do shart, move on.
don't try to go back and fix things or "win her back"
it's not going to happen, it never does.
take your lumps, take the pain
it will make you better in the end (cliche and true)

I'm sorry, man. I think I can only imagine what it must feel like. I myself am in a relationship where we're as close as two people can possibly be, but I've always known that that's no guarantee for everlasting love.

It's time to leave, my friend. Back out, there's nothing there for you anymore. You don't need this anymore. All you can do is hope she starts missing you down the line, and maybe wants to come home again. But by that time, you're the stronger one and you've moved on. Believe me, how unbelievable it may sound right now, the human heart can get broken, but it also has the power to mend. Get back on your feet and pick up the pieces. Even though life hurts you right now, it's YOUR life and you're the only who can make it work again.

So kiss her goodbye, walk and keep on walking.

Back
Top Bottom