I only hope this is not true,....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
EXCLUSIVE: BUSH PLOT TO BOMB HIS ARAB ALLY
Madness of war memo
By Kevin Maguire And Andy Lines

PRESIDENT Bush planned to bomb Arab TV station al-Jazeera in friendly Qatar, a "Top Secret" No 10 memo reveals.

But he was talked out of it at a White House summit by Tony Blair, who said it would provoke a worldwide backlash.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obj...ush-plot-to-bomb-his-arab-ally-name_page.html
-----------------------------------------------

I mean, the most powerfull man in the world having such a idiot plan,..that is scary. Good to hear he has a friend like blair :yikes:

Yeah, right. This is absolute shite. The Mirror is a tabloid newspaper with zero journalistic integrity. Why would we bomb a country where we have tens of thousands of our own troops stationed. It amazes me that people will believe anyhing that is put in print, but Bush is always a liar. Dude, put the Kool Aid down. :|

well, it has be down 3 times till now, bombing a al-Jazeera office so i think it is not so hard to imagen if Bush was joking to check if Blair would laugh about , and suport the idea.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm going to assume that if anything was indeed said that it was merely said in jest... now wether or not the president of the united states should be cracking jokes like that, that's another argument all together.

but i can't possiably fathom that it was a serious plan.

Well, look at it from another POV.

When NATO attacked Serbia in the Kosovo conflict, one of the first buildings attacked was related to the Serbian media. If Bush genuinely believed al-Jazeera to be a "propaganda network," then Bush very well could have advocated its attack too.

And it would also explain his painful lack of understanding of the media. Western media is a cheerleader for the West, while Arab media is a cheerleader for Arab causes. All media merely flatters its audiences.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom