I made a promise... and I'm keeping it... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2002, 12:51 AM   #1
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 12:27 PM
I made a promise... and I'm keeping it...

FYM will no longer be a war zone...
be warned.

If you cant discuss without attacking someone or a group, etc.. you best take it out of FYM... and off Feedback.

One member has already been voted off the island (fym).

Also..
If anyone thinks they can mod this place, in addition to the current mods...
step up, and email me privately.

Joel

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:50 PM   #2
The Fly

well said

Old 08-23-2002, 08:20 PM   #3
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 02:27 PM
I am sorry I cannot agree with this.

The person in question has given a lot to this place. I would take his place in doom for the sake of his ability to share religious beliefs to those with a spiritual yearning.

Respectfully though, I urge you to ponder why it has become a war zone. Two opposing sides, as usual in a debate. I honestly feel the majority rule here. Yet I do see both sides, though it is not always clear.

I for one am tired of fighting though, if we are calling it that.

And I will email you, please consider what I have said.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:50 PM   #4

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge
I am sorry I cannot agree with this.
Z,

Although this may sound harsh...
I don't care if you agree with this or not.
I issued a warning prior.
I carried out what I said I would.
I don't care who is on what side.
I'm not picking sides.
I AM singling out those that continually 'start shit'.

I'm really tired of having to hear people whine about what goes on in here, and then having to break up the fights.

Also, I will be announcing a new mod soon, which I feel will be fair no matter their personal standing.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:48 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:27 PM
wink

Elvis-
Plez do NOT consider myself for Moderation purposes..
In my limited mental capcity I do think it would behoove the forum's best interset if any cosideration of my nomination b waived.

I also do not feel sexy enough to b a Mod.
Im a Rocker..

Thank you-

DB9
Old 08-23-2002, 11:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Elvis-
Plez do NOT consider myself for Moderation purposes..
In my limited mental capcity I do think it would behoove the forum's best interset if any cosideration of my nomination b waived.

Im a Rocker..

Thank you-

DB9

No worries Dave...

No one even pondered the thought

Besides, anyone that has been denied access to FYM previously is not able to be a mod.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:11 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:27 PM
Ahem..

Dear Sir,
For the rec
it was Lemon-AideStand

thank u-
DB9
Old 08-24-2002, 12:18 AM   #8

Re: Ahem..

Quote:
Dear Sir,
For the rec
it was Lemon-AideStand

thank u-
DB9

So far it has been
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:24 AM   #9
She's the One

Quote:

I also do not feel sexy enough ....

Oh deebee!!! You must take some aspirin and have a bit of a lie down. Then you'll feel like your old self again!!!

Old 08-24-2002, 01:46 AM   #10
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by z edge

The person in question has given a lot to this place. I would take his place in doom for the sake of his ability to share religious beliefs to those with a spiritual yearning.
i also believe that your revoking of this person's privelage to speak in this forum is totally unwarranted. this individual brought some much needed balance to this forum. in all fairness, i have not seen one thing that justifies your decision in this matter. my only theory is that you've made this decision based on the fact that you, along with certain moderators, can't be bothered with strong opinions that get other's panties in a wad for no reason. this individual has shown nothing but passion and class in his arguments.

i guess as long as you hold one of the diluted and re-hashed opinions commonly found around here, you'll be just fine.
Old 08-24-2002, 04:35 AM   #11
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by TripThruUreWires
i also believe that your revoking of this person's privelage to speak in this forum is totally unwarranted. this individual brought some much needed balance to this forum.
Um?? This individual brings controversy and fights to this forum.

Quote:
in all fairness, i have not seen one thing that justifies your decision in this matter. my only theory is that you've made this decision based on the fact that you, along with certain moderators, can't be bothered with strong opinions that get other's panties in a wad for no reason. this individual has shown nothing but passion and class in his arguments.
passion and class?? His continuous nitpicking of me for one shows no class whatsoever. His constant arguments with melon and the way he belittles people for another.

Are you reading the same posts I am??
Old 08-24-2002, 05:20 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:27 PM
Quote:
Im a Rocker..

This is the post of the week. LMAO

Rock on, dude.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:17 AM   #13
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:27 PM
The individual in question, in recent days, brought very little to this forum apart from interminable posts and a high-and-mighty attitude that detracted from anything useful he might be trying to say. He was not a healthy influence, in my opinion.

No one was alone in their decision to help this individual take, shall we say, a vacation from FYM. Some of you may not know this, but it takes more than one annoyed mod or admin--more than one REALLY annoyed mod or admin, too--to have someone suspended. Elvis is loathe to suspend the posting privileges of any member of Interference; he only does so when he has been asked, repeatedly, by several other members of the Interference community. Not that Elvis should have to be defended for his decisions, as he does so graciously provide this place to us, but hey, I was here...

We've added a new mod to this forum (the always-insightful and well-respected Lilly), and things will continue to be watched closely. But no one is reneging on this decision. Attitudes such as the one this post-er consistently showed in his posts--that is to say a consistent display of condescension and closed-mindedness, coupled with a holier-than-thou tone which was more than irritating--are unwelcome. And while that alone is perhaps not enough to get someone suspended, his constant negative commentary on some of the leaders of this place--the same people who, may I remind you, give voluntarily of their time, effort, and MONEY to keep this place going--surely helped to seal the deal.

Thank you. You may now return to your regularly scheduled debates on George W. Bush, abortion, homosexuality, environmentalism, breakfast cereal, emus, and your favorite member of N*SYNC.

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:38 AM   #14
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:27 AM
Allow me to untwist my panties for a sec and ask this one question that puzzles me. What makes people think that it is the opinion of a moderator that leads individuals to be banned from here? It seems we are thought of as this united front out to quell certain groups and their ideals, or in this case, certain individuals. Our main purpose here is to close threads that become nothing more than a boxing ring and hear complaints anyone has about particular posts. Our personal opinions are listened to by the admins no more or less than anyone else. We do not have the power to see people banned. It is interference as a whole that sees to that. If it can be seen that too many people aren't happy with the contributions by someone, the unfortunate decision is reached that their account is terminated. It takes a long time for this to happen. It is not a decision reached from the bias of an admin or mod.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:57 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Allow me to untwist my panties for a sec and ask this one question that puzzles me. What makes people think that it is the opinion of a moderator that leads individuals to be banned from here? It seems we are thought of as this united front out to quell certain groups and their ideals, or in this case, certain individuals. Our main purpose here is to close threads that become nothing more than a boxing ring and hear complaints anyone has about particular posts. Our personal opinions are listened to by the admins no more or less than anyone else. We do not have the power to see people banned. It is interference as a whole that sees to that. If it can be seen that too many people aren't happy with the contributions by someone, the unfortunate decision is reached that their account is terminated. It takes a long time for this to happen. It is not a decision reached from the bias of an admin or mod.
I don't think that this character (let's call him "A. Bubba" for sake of argument...no, that's too obvious, let's call him "Achtung B." instead...) has been any more virulent or self-righteous than a number of other individuals on this board, and I don't see any reason for these other individuals to be banned either.

I think that this particular character's *opinions* put him over the threshold of outrage of those readers who desired/petitioned to have him banned, and that's not right.