I Just Want To Say This To The People Posting In Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCK

Acrobat
In other forums I've been too, I've learned to avoid areas like this as it seemed impossible to talk about religion or politics or other sensitive issues without the threads turning into narrow minded preaching or abusive insults and flame wars. I just checked back in on a half-forgotten discussion of mine re: organised religion and, seeing so many posts to it, and going by my past experience I immediately thought 'flame war'. Only it wasn't - it was a variety of people with a variety of views having a rational and respectful discussion/ debate. What a breath of fresh air. Kudos to the regulars in here who have created such an atmosphere :hug:

Angela Harlem said:
:hug: LCK :hug:

Stick around dear, it's not always like this :D

:shifty:

lol, well as a seasoned vet of the other forums- I'll keep this wee guy handy then- :rant:

lol, actually that smilie makes me laugh, esp when you watch him and he starts waving his arms and jumping up and down.

Some of us have been asked to be quiet...that is why we get along.:madspit: :lol:

LCK said:
lol, well as a seasoned vet of the other forums- I'll keep this wee guy handy then- :rant:

lol, actually that smilie makes me laugh, esp when you watch him and he starts waving his arms and jumping up and down.

:yes:. I like the little guy, too. :).

Anywho, yeah, it can get rather heated in here sometimes...but for the most part, we're all pretty mature when we debate these issues.

Although I don't mind the occasional heated debate every now and again, personally. :p.

Angela

We've had pretty spirited debates here. The Iraq issue was one with much disagreement over it, and it still is. But we don't do stupid petty things like question someone's patriotism or call someone names or insult each other. I've been on other forums where all sorts of :censored: happened, and I didn't like it. We have mods who make sure we're nice. We're friends here, we just don't necessarily agree on Iraq or who to vote for in the next elections or whatever. Reasonable people can disagree on many things.

Last edited:
verte76 said:
We've had pretty spirited debates here. The Iraq issue was one with much disagreement over it, and it still is. But we don't do stupid petty things like question someone's patriotism or call someone names or insult each other. I've been on other forums where all sorts of :censored: happened, and I didn't like it. We have mods who make sure we're nice. We're friends here, we just don't necessarily agree on Iraq or who to vote for in the next elections or whatever. Reasonable people can disagree on many things.

Exactly.

I also like these debates because I like hearing where the opposing side is coming from with their stance. Even if I still don't agree with them after all is said and done, I at least understand better why they feel the way they do.

It's also nice to find people from both sides of the aisle that do not blindly follow their respective parties. They question some of their own side's stances on things. I really like that, 'cause I unfortunately can't say the same thing with a lot of other people I've debated with outside of this forum, so it's really good to find that here.

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

Anywho, yeah, it can get rather heated in here sometimes...but for the most part, we're all pretty mature when we debate these issues.

Angela

Exactly:yes:

Well said Angela!!!

:applaud:

Peace

seriously though, I think we also are all a rather educated bunch. no just you're wrong, no you are. everyone brings documents and articles and data to the table which is really good.

sharky said:
seriously though, I think we also are all a rather educated bunch. no just you're wrong, no you are. everyone brings documents and articles and data to the table which is really good.

You are just plain wrong about that!:mad:

There is both a high level of thought given to most posts and a high level of discipline in responding to the thoughts presented and not the individual poster.

Kudos to all my FYM friends.

LCK said:
In other forums I've been too, I've learned to avoid areas like this as it seemed impossible to talk about religion or politics or other sensitive issues without the threads turning into narrow minded preaching or abusive insults and flame wars. I just checked back in on a half-forgotten discussion of mine re: organised religion and, seeing so many posts to it, and going by my past experience I immediately thought 'flame war'. Only it wasn't - it was a variety of people with a variety of views having a rational and respectful discussion/ debate. What a breath of fresh air. Kudos to the regulars in here who have created such an atmosphere :hug:

yeah, i've been to boards on other web sites and and compared them with interference.com and am amazed at how civil people here usually are to each other.

Back
Top Bottom