I just got a very disturbing email from the ONE campaign today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I got an email today that said that members of congress (the supposed congress that was going to do wonders) is backtracking and cutting a 1 billion dollar increase in funds to build and maintain AIDS clinics, medicine, and research...tell me this isnt true! :mad:

Not a surprise really, sorry to say. This Democratic congress is Democratic in name only I'm afraid...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Was the 1 billion ever passed? I don't think it was, therefore this really isn't a cut...

I guess what it is really saying is that Bono wasted his time with people who said one thing and did another.:eyebrow:

My point is it wasn't going to pass under the Rep rule, in fact if I remember only a handful of Reps actually voted for it, so everyone who's attacking the Democratic party really is barking up the wrong tree.

The American people like to spend billions for useless wars, not to help a bunch of African kids.:|

Now Bono can take the gloves off and start bashing our Leaders!He took it easy on Bush because of the promise of money for Africa.Maybe I will spend my hard earned money on the next tour!!!!Kick Ass Bono!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:
My point is it wasn't going to pass under the Rep rule, in fact if I remember only a handful of Reps actually voted for it, so everyone who's attacking the Democratic party really is barking up the wrong tree.

The American people like to spend billions for useless wars, not to help a bunch of African kids.:|

right. bush was basically making promises he couldn't keep. which, i know is shocking, because he has never done that before.

by the way, random factoid, did ya'll know that less than 1% of our own budget goes to the poor? in sach's book "the end of poverty", people surveyed thought it was 20%.

guess how much spending goes into the pentagon?

U2Man said:
i thought the republicans were the bad guys.

They still are...generally. What disgusts me even more is supposedly "left leaning" politicians selling out to greed and getting thrifty (this "Democratic" congress). If I was a citizen of the United States I would search for a third party alternative and fight to throw all these bums out (Republicans and Democrats).
Assholes!!!

Harry Vest said:

They still are...generally. What disgusts me even more is supposedly "left leaning" politicians selling out to greed and getting thrifty (this "Democratic" congress). If I was a citizen of the United States I would search for a third party alternative and fight to throw all these bums out (Republicans and Democrats).
Assholes!!!

I've met Nader, he is a cool guy, and I do agree with a lot of what he says.

I also wanted a third party to burn these jerks, but, I don't know how likely that is to happen. But there are still some gems in the democratic party, like dennis :love: I dunno, I guess I have this naive hope that we can plant seeds within. The more he talks about his issues, the more the democratic party can see that they need to be addressed, and they can have more of a solid platform than just being "anti-republican".

Back
Top Bottom