I hearby take offense to the following... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2002, 10:12 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
further proof bama is insane...
another point: he insists on calling everyone by their full handle, never shortening it. (at least i've never seen him do it.)

I think maybe he was replying to an earlier post asking if he was writing from his bathroom. Either that or he was just expressing a general sentiment.

------------------
"There's a wild thing in the woolshed
and it's keeping me awake at night
A devil in the closet
and a feeling I'd prefer to hide
He is religion
He won't hear me when I cry for help
He has a vision of me
but I am somebody else..."

Old 01-12-2002, 11:30 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:15 PM
Yes, Kieran is correct; I was replying to speedracer's earlier post inquiring as to whether I was using the bathroom.

~U2Alabama

Old 01-13-2002, 01:20 AM   #18
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

no no no no lol sorry i didn't word that right...i quoted the wrong message, sorry. i meant to quote that one where he was talking about the food.

------------------
when you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.
ME!
Old 01-13-2002, 06:33 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Foxfire, I totally agree.
I also think on the net, because there is no tone to go along with what is essentially conversational talk, there will always be misunderstanding. For some reason people are quick to jump to conclusions. Not sure why myself, but yes I do think you are correct.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:11 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 03:15 AM
"I think the mods in general are doing a great job, but I also feel that with any great job done there's stessful moments".

I think having mods in a forum called 'FREE YOUR MIND' is pretty much like saying "Free your mind.... but don't".

Ant.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:40 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:15 PM
Free Your Mind
This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events.

Just because the title of the forum is called "Free Your Mind" it does not mean "Say Whatever The Hell You Want."

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP
Old 01-13-2002, 04:13 PM   #22
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

something similar is happening with something else i frequent, although it's an e-mail group.
come on, guys, without moderators, there would be utter mayhem here. with everything in life, we need to have someone in authority to be able to tell others when they're out of line, and just to handle things.
i think the moderators are doing a great job. remember, they're only human and just like you and i, can take offense to things and let their emotions run high. i might even go so far as to say they're doing better than a great job, namely sicy and salome, who have been taking more than their share of bashing from people in various threads. also, like someone else said (i can't remember who) elvis is spending his hard earned money to let us use this for free. you got beef? start paying for the service, and then you can have the right to complain.
i say be thankful they have a forum where you can offer suggestions and complaints, a lot of people would say "this is how it's going to be. if you don't like it, tough."

------------------
you told me once a second chance was not worth waiting for, a million chances later you don't know how right you were...
ME!
Old 01-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks Ms. Taylor.

I appreciate your words.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP
Old 01-13-2002, 04:24 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Great post Khanada!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!
Old 01-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #25
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 10:15 PM
Actually, I needed to say what i did, but it wasnt directly a stem off from the gay voice thread. I was talking to sula re that other thread, and while it bothered me people were going overboard with it, I believe you were definitely right to close it, whether people like your decision or not, its your job, and people have no right to criticize you for it if they feel youre wrong.

I want people to realise that they react to situations way to readily, and care more about what other people will say about them or their thoughts before they even consider being an individual and stating what they feel. In all honesty, I thought that last thread was simply someone looking to cause trouble, you cant talk about sexuality in ambigious terms using bits of stereotype and expect people to credit your intelligence, it seemed more like it was just to cause trouble, but then again thats simply my opinion. I by no means wished this to be a thread pertaining to the last thread, and if you feel that it is, I implore you to please close this one immediately. We do, however, have a lot of quality ideas being brought up here, such as keiran's, and adams mistress'. TheU2's thread was perhaps in poor taste, perhaps meant to throw shit into the fan and see who he could hit with it... I dont know, for a full explanation of that, Im not the one to talk to, I only breifly read over the first few and last few posts of that thread...

Sicy, I appologize if this was too convieniently timed for its own good, perhaps I should have waited, or posted sooner... In either term, do with this as you will.

If you want a nature vs. nurture thread people, I can give you that too, where you can mull over your gay voices in your heads and whatnot... But This isnt a matter of free speech, its just a matter of statements, who takes offense to what, and whether it is justified. Perhaps I was wrong to post this, not that I particularly care, I likely would ahve done so anyway... But, basically... Its my philosophy that people intentionally take offense to things in order to gain power and status over others, so far we have all been in agreement. Anyone else?

Note: there is to be no further talk of the gay voice thread, or revival of old discussions, if people feel its getting out of hand, Ill simply ask the thread to be closed, or perhasp a mod will do it before I even ask... As fun as arguing is, there is a line sofaras serious issues go, and that is not a line I wish to cross, from harmless discussion to bitter vicous fighting. Lets keep it clean so to speak, ok? or are we finsihed with this topic?

(ps, sorry for the jumbled ideas, Im sick, and Im doing homework... lol)
Old 01-13-2002, 04:27 PM   #26
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 10:15 PM
in the time it took me to type that there were 3 replies... LOL

Agreed Khanada, well said.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:40 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I'm not closing this thread.

Thanks for the clarification Fox. No need to apologize.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP
Old 01-13-2002, 05:28 PM   #28
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

thanks everyone! i was hoping no one would take offense to it...if anyone did, i certainly wasn't mentioning anyone in particular.

------------------
you told me once a second chance was not worth waiting for, a million chances later you don't know how right you were...
ME!
Old 01-13-2002, 05:53 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
no no no no lol sorry i didn't word that right...i quoted the wrong message, sorry. i meant to quote that one where he was talking about the food.

I posted what I had eaten for dinner on Friday night in order to avoid anger and vitriol in the forum, and get people thinking about food instead. It didn't work, really, although speedracer took it to the next step (after consumption).

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 01-13-2002).]
Old 01-13-2002, 06:28 PM   #30
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 03:15 AM
You Know Sicy, FOxfire, Gonz, and with a due respect and countenance Anthony, and (Insert FYM (yes i did abbreviate.. Don't get me started on LOL'ers) poster's name here, I find myself wondering teh exact same thing sometimes, I mean, just earlier today I finished up my Columbia House DVD club membership by buying two of the cheapest (19.95) DVD's I could buy, 10th Kingdom and Batman Beyond: The Movie, Now, there's nothing wrong with the Batman movie, but My big big crisis comes from me actually buying a HallMark Television TV MOVIE.. ????!?!?!

I mean, What the hell is going on here, It's like I'm just buying it cuz it's seven hours, and Seriously, I'm a big fan of Larroquette, but I'd be more inclined to watch all seven hours at once if the movie centered around Sir Michael Caine as a Homophobic Dancing Pan Handler, What's going on here?.. At least he's not ballet dancing ... AAAAhhhh... Free My Mind..

Hah, what a dork I am (No need to write back and Quote this little statement and say, 'Yes You Are', That is just the epitome <spelled right?>, of queer, and I will have to send the back of my hand to your computer so you can slap your face against your monitor), anyways, I'll just cheese the sh#t up a little more by saying,

"OMG OMG OMG, Bono was looking soooooo Hot today in teh same pants he's worn for the past two years, HE actually smiled at me, not the two thousand people right behind me in his eye line, but I KNOW he smiled at me.. or maybe he was pulling the ol' stare at the eyebrow trick to fool me... little bastard"....

L. Unplugged

~Go U2 & Blind Boys of Alabama at the Grammies

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 01-13-2002).]