I have no clue why people defend the Reagan Administration - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-15-2002, 04:02 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:10 PM

arun-
there r many terrorists there yes.
the officials/ and good general M are aligned w the usa..
dave
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-15-2002, 04:04 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 05:10 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have no clue why people defend the Reagan Administration

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V




however on onpakistan...you are right..you should just keep quiet


Pakistan came into existence in 1974...kinda tough to fight for thousands of years.

I'm sorry is this now personal? Did the people who live in the country of Pakistan suddenly come out of nowhere? Is it possible there has been generations of fighting there? Maybe by the ancestors of the people who live there?

__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-15-2002, 04:10 PM   #18
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 11:10 PM
It was india it split into pakistan


India is a secular state, pakistan in a Muslim country


in the 1500's India was invaded by muslims..this is the first introduction of islam to the area. So already the 1000's of years theory is bunk. Now, pakistan was the majority muslim part of teh country ..the rest became india.


India has 10 times as many muslims as pakistan...so if your thinking ethnic conflict....prolly isn't happening.

Also the Indian constiution was built specifically with muslims in mind as it is the ONLY secular nation to allow muslims to be tried by Sharia law instead of standard law.



You really shouldn't argue with an Indian on the matter
__________________
V Nura is offline  
Old 09-15-2002, 04:21 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
It was india it split into pakistan


India is a secular state, pakistan in a Muslim country


in the 1500's India was invaded by muslims..this is the first introduction of islam to the area. So already the 1000's of years theory is bunk. Now, pakistan was the majority muslim part of teh country ..the rest became india.


India has 10 times as many muslims as pakistan...so if your thinking ethnic conflict....prolly isn't happening.

Also the Indian constiution was built specifically with muslims in mind as it is the ONLY secular nation to allow muslims to be tried by Sharia law instead of standard law.



You really shouldn't argue with an Indian on the matter
Well, a lot just became clear with this last post. I thank you for educating me. So it has not been thousands of years it has been 500 or so.

There is and has been tremendous religious conflict there maybe not ethnic in your opinion.

As I said earlyier, I am not as familiar with the issues on this part of your original post and I admitted it. The rest as they say is history.

Peace
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-15-2002, 04:27 PM   #20
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


Well, a lot just became clear with this last post. I thank you for educating me. So it has not been thousands of years it has been 500 or so.

There is and has been tremendous religious conflict there maybe not ethnic in your opinion.

As I said earlyier, I am not as familiar with the issues on this part of your original post and I admitted it. The rest as they say is history.

Peace


tremendous conflict...hardly..if muslims were so downtrodden in India.....would it have the 2nd highest number of muslims in the world???????


and tehy conquered in 1500...and actually lived in peace for a loooong time ( you can research the moghul kings and King Akbars reign if you wish) until the british supported insurections and such...as was their style. Later hindus and muslims united to push them out using gandhi's movement. .........Like I said...if you don't know...leave it alone...dont' twist what I say around.
__________________
V Nura is offline  
Old 09-15-2002, 04:31 PM   #21
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 11:10 PM
never mind this post..the offender has been educated
__________________
V Nura is offline  
Old 09-15-2002, 04:40 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 05:10 PM
Well, back to the original intent of the thread "Regan Bashing"

Hehe! Thanks for the civics lesson Arun.

I do not doubt your knowledge of the region.

Question your beliefs about the Reagan Administration....

But hey, the world is a big place and there is room for all.





Peace
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-15-2002, 07:05 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 05:10 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have no clue why people defend the Reagan Administration

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V




Diamond....pakistan is a terrorist state period....they made one arrest big whup. Ask danny pearl about the pakistanis
One big arrest?

The Ramzi Binalshibh is HUGE!!!!!!

Fitting to see him grabbed on the anniversary of Sept. 11.

This terrorist may hold the key to quite a bit.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-16-2002, 03:29 AM   #24
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 940
Local Time: 10:10 PM
If you think that Pakistan is with the US you are an idiot. If you think Saudi Arabia is with the US you are an idiot.

Pakistan & Saudi Arabia are not with the US, they just don't want to be against the US.

"the good general M" yeah right. If India and Pakistan ever went to a full scale war, who do you think the US would back? (clue: it's not Pakistan) You don't think Pakistanis know this? Do you think they trust and like the US or they are just doing what they can to stay out of trouble? Pakistan could not give a shit about the US, but they definetely don't want the US pissed off with them, not with India sitting right there gagging to attack.
It's called politics.
__________________
TylerDurden is offline  
Old 09-16-2002, 07:28 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TylerDurden
If you think that Pakistan is with the US you are an idiot. If you think Saudi Arabia is with the US you are an idiot.
Make it personal!!!! LOL
Fact: Saudi Arabia has reversed their decision on using the bases in their country.
Fact: Pakistan is aiding us in the apprehension of terrorists.

FACT: We can't trust them!!!!!

Quote:
[i]
Pakistan & Saudi Arabia are not with the US, they just don't want to be against the US. [/B]
I can agree with this.

Quote:
[i]
"the good general M" yeah right. If India and Pakistan ever went to a full scale war, who do you think the US would back? (clue: it's not Pakistan) You don't think Pakistanis know this? Do you think they trust and like the US or they are just doing what they can to stay out of trouble? Pakistan could not give a shit about the US, but they definetely don't want the US pissed off with them, not with India sitting right there gagging to attack.
It's called politics. [/B]
And they are doing a good job at it too.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 09-16-2002, 01:37 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:10 PM
I do find it humurous tho, that the author of this thread -was -2 (neg. 2) yrs old when Regean took office.
He has qwite a task of trying to convince 2/3rds of the American who found Reagan favorable that Reagan was a bastard when he left office.
Knock yourself out halfstar
Plez update us w on how your little AntiReagan Campaign is going from time to time, ok?

thanks-

Dave
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-16-2002, 01:53 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
iam glad how Pakistan is co-operating in The War On Terror..



Has the United States forgotten that General Musharraf took power in a military coup? Or is that permissable so long as he's friendly towards the US?
__________________
FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
Old 09-16-2002, 02:00 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
HeartlandGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,832
Local Time: 03:10 PM
Just because a person wasn't an adult during the Reagan administration doesn't mean they can't accurately comment on said administration. That's like saying we can't discuss the Revolutionary War or the founding of the U.S. because none of us were there.

When I was a political science major, we naturally dealt with current issues and problems of the American government. A large majority of the problems stemmed from the Reagan administration as well as the following Bush camp. This was especially true of the economy. We also talked about how Reagan was the Teflon President--no matter what stupid things he did, the public didn't seem to care. Then again, many of his policies took awhile to rear their ugly heads. The theme of Reagan incompetence was a big one in our classes. Mind you, none of my profs openly supported or opposed Reagan, and I live in a state currently dominated by republicans.

The man was an actor, for crying out loud, and many people say that he wasn't mentally all there for some of his presidency. Every president has a few good deeds to hang their hats on, but with Reagan, the U.S. ended up worse for the wear in the long run. I will continue to be amazed at those who defend him and those who consider his presidency a high point in American history.
__________________
HeartlandGirl is offline  
Old 09-16-2002, 03:05 PM   #29
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have no clue why people defend the Reagan Administration

Get me binladens body..that's huge. Pakistan is the same country that actually put the taliban into power becuase it wanted a strongly islamic neighbor. You can take a hornet out of teh nest and tell me that you've done a great job.



Heartland girl...thanks. People seem to think that just because you are young you can't have valid opinion on an issue.



Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


One big arrest?

The Ramzi Binalshibh is HUGE!!!!!!

Fitting to see him grabbed on the anniversary of Sept. 11.

This terrorist may hold the key to quite a bit.
__________________
V Nura is offline  
Old 09-16-2002, 03:09 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:10 PM
Ms Heartland-
Thank you for your opinion
I promise you I wont go start any threads on why Im befuddled on how some presidents who I feel sucked duped the American people.
And Im not even a "neutral" college professor

DB9
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com