I got an e-mail from CNN's Jack Cafferty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
His question in the 4-5 hour of "The Situation Room" was something along the lines of "Does congress need a pay raise?"

I jokingly e-mailed in saying "As a 19 year old with aspirations to run for congress I say they can raise it as high as they want."

A few minutes later I got an e-mail from Jack himself saying, in typical Jack Cafferty fashion, "You'll fit right in."

Just thought I'd share that little tidbit with my fellow CNN junkies :up:

that's pretty cool.

still doesn't change the fact that cnn is impossible to watch for longer than five minutes at a time.

out of curiousity, do the lot of you have access to the cbc or bbc, and if so, do you watch/listen to it?

BBC allows its biases to show at times, I think that ABC (www.abc.net.au) provides some very good news coverage, their journos may sometimes have soft-left bias but it is hard to detect with their level of professionalism.

Zoomerang96 said:
that's pretty cool.

still doesn't change the fact that cnn is impossible to watch for longer than five minutes at a time.

out of curiousity, do the lot of you have access to the cbc or bbc, and if so, do you watch/listen to it?

No, I don't have access to either. Sometimes PBS shows BBC world news.

I can't pick up any Canadian stations either, much to my chagrin. Alabama is a bit far away from our neighbor to the north. I would love to be able to watch Canadian news. I'm a little bored with "The Situation Room".

Hey...that's great...a live person.

Anytime I e-mail CNN I get one of those generic replies. Of course, I never have much to say as I deal in the future which hasn't even happened yet for them.

CNN's "yule log" yesterday was something else.

:|

I hope she was being sarcastic -- I'm sure Jack probably was as well.

And yeah, CNN can be bad at times, but that Anderson Cooper is handsome.

MrsSpringsteen said:

He sure is, and I have never once mentioned that or my slight obsession with him before here :D

I believe you have mentioned it a time or two. I haven't seen him around for a while...must be on vacation.....{I don't know with us wizards it's your 24/7 shift but we do time-travel much}.

Seems Anderson is doing the ball-dropping thing in Times Square again this year... 2006....another day............

:|

You have to lobby it gradually so its there when you get in, otherwise you will be labelled a taxocrat :wink:

Sell it as an "anti-corruption" measure, congressional salaries should far surpass any potential bribes and in fact negate them entirely :wink:

Anderson on vacation again?

:eyebrow:

"times.....they are a changin'.........it's blowing in the wind"

Back
Top Bottom