I find this more than a little worrying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Have a look at this lovely bit of hysterical bullshit from Biblestudy.org...

"Texe Marrs' book, Mystery Mark of the New Age, Satan's Design for World Domination, describes the symbols used by New Agers and how this is a coordinated part of Satan's master plan for world domination. Ravaged by the New Age, Satan's Plan to Destroy Our Kids, reveals the Satanic plan to conquer the world through turning our youth to witchcraft and Satanism.

Marrs thoroughly documents the dangerous, secret messages in kids' TV shows, cartoons, movies, comic books, fantasy games, toys and even coloring books. You'll also discover the demonic designs behind Rock and Roll and the hidden, subliminal messages in Satan's New Age "mood" music."

Wondering how these people manage to survive so long without being banged up in the nearest lunatic asylum, I went to have a look at the offending item (i.e. the book, not Satan himself) at amazon.com.

I found some highly amusing reviews.
The first one made me laugh so loudly that my housemate, who was asleep on the couch, woke up with a jump thinking the roof was about to fall on her head.

This book was voted the worst ever by a survey of amazon customers.

1/5 stars
Caution: do not take the book seriously,
June 4, 2001
Reviewer: A reader

Texe Marrs doesnt understand that simply because other groups have different belifs that they do not wish to destroy christianity. He says that those who worship goddesses in thier religion want to replace the christian god with a female goddess. He also seems to confuse the gothic subculture with satan worship. He says that just becuase s teenager wears black and hangs posters of rock star on thier walls that they worship and might even be posessed by satan. HE IS A JABBERING LUNATIC and his book is complete nonesense. Buy it, but definitely dont take it seriously, its quite funny. I recomend it only as humor, nothing more.

Strong Message, April 16, 2002
Reviewer: A reader
His critics dismiss Texe Marrs with the label "Fundamentalist Christian." So be it. But at least he takes a stand. At least he reads the Bible of his faith. At least he applies it to the world around him.

I like Marrs' books. They have the excitement of conspiracy theory. But grounded in Bible study. If you don't believe in the Bible (or are afraid your friends will think you're a nut if you do) you probably won't like his books. But if you're into Bible prophecy, and use the Christian Bible to guide your life, then I think you'll appreciate Marrs' perspective.

I'll admit, I try not to put any Christian writer on a pedestal. God is still the definitive Author. But there's a place for writers who use the Bible to comment on current events. I appreciate the work they do. Especially when it prompts me to go back and read Bible passages they've pointed out.

So, Mr. Marrs: I thank you for taking so much flak, yet still keeping the faith. And I eagerly await your next book.

:ohmy:

If that doesn't worry yo - how about this?

Wanda Marrs is co-founder of Power of Prophecy. Along with her husband, He of JABBERING LUNATIC fame, she has authored four other books and appeared on radio and TV shows across America.

Product Description:
A startling book! The first to completely reveal the New Age campaign to deceive and seduce women. Satan knows that if he can capture the mind and body of a woman, he then can quickly move to conquer her husband, her children, her entire family and circle of friends.

In New Age Lies to Women, Wanda Marrs thoroughly documents the almost incredible Plan of the New Age leadership to foster sexual immorality by inciting lust feelings and creating seductive imagery in women's minds. She also explains how the New Age has successfully been able to damage and hurt women psychologically, break up marriages, lure our children into Satanism, cults and the occult, kill unborn babies, and undermine women's faith in God. Must reading for every woman in America!

Don't waste your time!
March 7, 2004
Reviewer: kk2004
Wanda Marrs is a very mind-wsahed women, I laughed when I read this, the evience is as fickle as her bra.

Last edited:
"You'll also discover the demonic designs behind Rock and Roll"

*coughMacphisto* So if you meet me, have some sympathy, and some taste...

:wink:

saltwaterkiss26 said:
"You'll also discover the demonic designs behind Rock and Roll"

*coughMacphisto* So if you meet me, have some sympathy, and some taste...

Yes, indeed. I laughed my head off at the idea of Satan expressing his world domination plans through Bono. :lmao:

Then I stopped to think about it... oh. :ohmy:

;)Yeah. And I'm Cleopatra. :wink:

Last edited:
You know, stuff like this doesn't even worry me. I tend to treat it as a humorous distract that only a tiny % of the population are going to buy into.

I've come across similar stuff on the Internet - which by the way is rapidly turning into a free for all for freaks and sickos (honourable exceptions such as this forum of course)

haha, Mick Jagger's been doing it since 1964, so there may be a touch of justification in the Satanic-ness (is that a word?) of rock 'n' roll...

Not worried here, but these types do make me wonder sometimes...

:hmm:

"Must reading for every woman in America!" :lol:

No worry here...So few people read this or find his views plausible (I am sure most conservative Christians disagree with him) that his thoughts are not worth the time spent talking about them. No threat to society that i can tell. Neither of the authors appear to be at the forefront of some violent revolution so I think they should probably be ignored.

I found it all more amusing than worrying.

nbcrusader said:
:|

I would hope we would not entirely dismiss the understanding of Satan based on a snippet of hyperbolic writing on the subject.

Nobody said that we were planning on that, nb. I am not mocking the idea of Satan. I can see the power that evil could gain if we allow ourselves to degenerate into spreading hate, and behaving imorally towards others, blah blah yadda yadda ad infinitum.

I just found the hysterical lunacy of the authors amusing. It does worry me slightly that anyone can be so unbelieveably moronic and clueless as these paraniod freaks.

saltwaterkiss26 said:
haha, Mick Jagger's been doing it since 1964, so there may be a touch of justification in the Satanic-ness (is that a word?) of rock 'n' roll...

Quite! Sympathy for the devil, at His Satanic Majesty's Request, if you please. Or even if you don't.

Oh, and don't forget to invite Jimmy Page.

Well, personally I don't believe in Satan at all. Unsurprisingly, I found this rather humorous.

Ant.

More related nonsense:

http://www.av1611.org/rockm.html
:ohmy::huh:

It's Only Rock'n Roll ... But It Kills
by Terry Watkins
More than half a million teenagers attempt suicide each year!

Nearly two—thousand a day!

Suicide has increased 300 percent since 1950. The teenage suicide rate in America is the highest of all industrialized nations. And according to the National Education Association, ". . . these teenage suicides are fueled by FATALISTIC MUSIC AND LYRICS."

Right. That clears that one up then. The Youth Of The USA (TM) is not suicidal due to personal problems/ sexual, physical, or emotional abuse / mental health issues/ pressure from many different areas of life, etc etc.

It's all down to rock'n'roll! But I like it.

In 1988, Dr. Mark Rosenburg, addressing the American Society of Suicidology, said, "It was thought that the way to prevent suicides was to treat depression . . . It's not the case with these kids. Rather than being clinically depressed, these young suicide victims are impulsive, acting out fantasies."

Where are the fantasies coming from these young people are acting out?

Time after time ... the culprit — ROCK MUSIC!

Ah. I'd always wondered and now I know for sure. I have seen the light! I'll have to start watching depraved films instead, to fulfil my secret murderous instincts. Oh well.

What a bloody moron.

Dr. Paul King, medical director of the adolescent program at Charter Lakeside Hospital, in Memphis Tennessee, says more than 80 percent of his patients are there because of rock music. He adds, "the lyrics become a philosophy of life, a RELIGION."

WHAT ARE THE ROCK STARS PREACHING?

Let me have a think about that one.

We've got Bono banging on about Bloody Sunday; the horrors of terrorism; the family unit; love; sex; world peace; finding personal sources of strength during tough times; all forms of salvation (and possibly salivation)... not to mention AIDS, world debt, trade, and poverty. And that's just on ONE album!

Band Aid.
Live Aid.
USA For Africa (yes, the song was shit, and the performers generally seemed more concerned with bellowing more loudly than the rest; but it was for a good cause and therefore counts).
Even the Beastie Boys, having finally grown up, fighing for tibetan freedom.
Artists Against Apartheid.
Set Mandela Free...
September 11th fundraising concert.
Tsunami fundraising tribute shows.
David Gilmour selling his house and donating the £5 million to the homeless charity Shelter, while asking that when he guests on other people's records, they donate hid fee to a charity of their choice.
etc etc etc etc etc.

Elton John, sings, "Think I'll buy a forty-four/Give 'em all a surprise/Think I'm gonna kill myself,/Cause a little suicide."

The Nihilistics sing, "This method is effective, tried and true/It's the only solution left for you/Kill yourself, kill yourself/It's about time you tried/Kill yourself, kill yourself/IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU DIED"

The Healing Faith sings, "I put a bullet in the chamber/Put the barrel in my mouth/Six to one I'm gonna make it/One in six I'll snuff it out."

Metallica sings, "I have lost the will to live,/Simply nothing more to give/There is nothing more for me/NEED THE END TO SET ME FREE."

I lose the will to live everytime I hear a Metallica song - James Hetfield sounds as if he is permanently trying to relieve his constipation. He also bears a strong resemblence to Animal, of the Muppets. But please, do go on...

Ken Wooden, investigative reporter for "20/20" said, "Why do we spend billions on advertising? Because people answer the ads. This type of music is a form of advertising . . . And I've seen kids who have responded to the ads. I'VE SEEN THEM DEAD ON MARBLE SLABS."

Sixteen-year-old Steve Boucher put a gun to his head, pulled the trigger and blew his brains out. His parents blame their son's suicide with his obsession to AC/DC's song "Shoot to Thrill." He was sitting under his AC/DC poster when he pulled the trigger.

In February 1986, eighteen-year-old Phillip Morton, hung himself from a closet door in Delafield, Wisconsin. Pink Floyd's album The Wall, which includes such songs as "Goodbye Cruel World" and "Waiting for the Worms," was playing continuously in the background.

In San Antonio, Texas, a sixteen-year-old boy while listening to Pink Floyd's album The Wall, went into a trancelike state. Without warning, he suddenly jumped up and brutally stabbed his aunt to death. According to the police report, there were no drugs involved — JUST THE MUSIC! The boy claimed the music HYPNOTIZED HIM and does not even remember the killing!
Prat.

Yeah, and I suppose Roger Waters and David Gilmour are responsible for the global rise in Neo-Naziism since 1979.

As a major league Floydian, I just love this one.

In the book "The Psychology of Music", Dr. Schoen says, "Music is the most powerful stimulus known among the perceptive processes." Charles Manson, who claimed inspiration from the Beatles, used music to gain "satanic" control over his followers who went so far as murder under his command. Art Linkletter blamed "secret messages" in rock music for the death of his daughter in 1969. Dr. Howard Hanson, a director of the famous Eastman School of Music said, "Music is made up of many ingredients and according to the proportions of these components, it can be soothing or invigorating, ennobling or vulgarizing, IT HAS POWERS FOR EVIL AS WELL AS FOR GOOD."

So - it had nothing to do with Manson being a complete fruitloop then? Okay. Thanks for the deep psychological insight. My 2 year old niece has a better understanding of this issue than the fool who wrote this article. :madspit:

Satan has commanded a vicious attack at the young of this generation.

RUN, everyone! Run for the hills before it's too late! Oh, hang on - we are all born with sin, aren't we? Oops. I'll stay here and scoff my pizza then, as I'm off to hell anyway.

Jesus Christ said in John 10:10, "The thief cometh not, but for to STEAL, and KILL, and to DESTROY:" And his number-one target is the most vulnerable — THE YOUNG!

The Dead Kennedys, sing, "I kill children,/I love to see them die/I kill children,/I make their mothers cry."

The Bible in Ezekiel chapter 28 describes Satan before his rebellion and fall, verse 13, ". . . thou hast been in Eden the garden of God: every precious stone was thou covering . . . the workmanship of thy TABRETS and of thy PIPES was prepared in thee the day that thou wast created."

Tabrets and pipes are musical instruments!
This is, surely, satire? Please say it is....
Satan is connected with music and you'd better believe he knows the awesome power of music!

2 Corinthians chapter 4: verses 3-4 says, "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world (referring to Satan) hath BLINDED THE MINDS of them which believe not".

The battle is a battle for the mind!

Oh good. Always much more interesting than a battle for the body. :rolleyes:

Jesse Penn-Lewis in her book, Battle for the Mind says, "There is a great battle to-day over THE USE AND CONTROL OF THE MIND . . . it is primarily THROUGH THE MIND that Satan holds his captives in his power."

One of the greatest attacks Satan ever placed upon the human mind is rock music. Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones, who Newsweek magazine calls the Lucifer of rock, said years ago, "we,ve had they're bodies . . . and now WE WANT THEIR MINDS."

Well - he did introduce himself as a man of wealth and taste.

Hmm.... *cogs whirring*
*processing*
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHH! JAGGER IS THE ANTICHRIST!
*head explodes*

Satan knows, if he can capture your mind he can control you. Jesus Christ commanded us in Matthew 22:37, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy MIND."

In Mark chapter 5, Jesus Christ casts the demons out of the maniac of Gadera, and verse 15 reads, "And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right MIND:"

The apostle Peter gives a solemn warning in 1 Peter 1:13, "Wherefore gird up the loins of your MIND".

Anyone who has studied hypnosis knows the key vehicle for hypnosis is repetition. In hypnosis, the subject is usually asked to repeat a phrase over and over until their conscious mind is in a hypnotic, suggestive state. While under hypnosis, people have little or no control over their actions. Many times they don't even know what happened.

Satan is using a powerful and subtle form of hypnosis to capture the mind. The key to hypnosis is repetition and the main ingredient of rock music is repetition. An overwhelming, repetitive, driving beat. That steady, repetitive beat can place the listener's mind into a dangerous state of suggestive hypnosis. And friend, that danger is frightening when you consider the words fed into that young impressionable mind!

In October 1984, Nineteen-year-old John McCollum shot himself in the head, while listening to Ozzy Osbourne sing "Suicide Solution": "Evil thoughts and evil doings/Cold, alone, you hang in ruins/Thought that you'd escape the reaper/You can't escape the Master Keeper/ . . . /Where to hide, suicide is the only way out."

He was still wearing the stereo headphones when his body was found!

Better start campainging for a ban on those headphones then. :huh:

The Institute for Bio-Acoustics Research, Inc. (IBAR) was hired to evaluate "Suicide Solution". Not surprisingly, they found subliminal lyrics that weren't included in the copyright "lead sheet". The subliminal lyrics are sung at one and one-half times the normal rate of speech and are not grasped by the first time listener. However, they claim the subliminal lyrics, "are audible enough that their meaning and true intent becomes clear after being listened to over and over again." What are some of the hidden subliminal lyrics? "Why try, why try? GET THE GUN AND TRY IT! SHOOT. . .SHOOT. . .SHOOT," — followed by a hideous laughter!

Yeah. If you play it backwards at double speed, you can hear Rhandy Rhodes farting in the background too. BAN THESE EVIL NOISES NOW! :rolleyes:

But, that's not all!

Why does that not surprise me?

IBAR's analysis of "Suicide Solution" found something else — Hemisync tones, which result from a patented process that uses sound waves to influence an individual's mental state. The tones have been found to increase the rate at which the human brain assimilates and processes information." IBAR alleges that the Hemisync tones made 19-year-old John McCollum more vulnerable to the suggestive lyrics sung by Ozzy Osbourne.

The McCollum's attorney says he has received "at least 20 phone calls from parents indicating their kids committed suicide — not just listening to rock music but specifically to Ozzy Osbourne."

John McCollum's father said, "THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING OUT . . . there are people who are out there trying to make money, and THEY HAVE NO HESITATION TO SELL YOUR KIDS DOWN THE DRAIN . . . You see a perfectly normal kid there who doesn't show any signs of depression at all — happy. Then six hours later, he's dead. Nobody can explain it. The only thing we know is that he was listening to this music."

Jimi Hendrix, among rock's greatest guitarists, who choked to death on his own vomit in 1970 due to a drug overdose, said, "Atmospheres are going to come through music because music is a spiritual thing of its own. YOU CAN HYPNOTIZE PEOPLE WITH MUSIC and when you get people at the weakest point YOU CAN PREACH INTO THEIR SUBCONSCIOUS whatever you want to say."

Homosexual rock star Little Richard, said, "Some rock and roll groups stand in a circle and drink cups of blood. Some get on their knees and pray to the devil. ROCK AND ROLL HYPNOTIZES US AND CONTROLS OUR SENSES."

In December 1985, eighteen-year-old Raymond Belknap and James Vance after listening to Judas Priest sing "Beyond the Realms of Death", climbed out the bedroom window, and went to a nearby church playground. There Belknap put a sawed-off shotgun to his head, pulled the trigger and literally blew his head off. As Belknap lay dead on the playground, Vance took his turn. He said, "There was just tons of blood. It was like the gun had grease on it. There was so much blood I could barely handle it, and I reloaded it and then, you know, it was my turn, and I readied myself. I was thinking about all that there was to live for, so much of your life is right before your eyes, and it was like I DIDN'T HAVE ANY CONTROL . . . MY BODY WAS COMPELLED to do it and I went ahead and shot."

Vance survived the gunshot wound, but slipped into a coma in November, 1988 and died a few days later.

The bereaved parents brought legal action against Judas Priest. The lawsuit stated, "The suggestive lyrics combined with the continuous beat and rhythmic non-changing intonation of the music combined to induce, encourage, aid, abet and mesmerize the plaintiff into believing the answer to life was death."

According to expert witnesses who analyzed the Judas Priest album, both subliminal messages and backmasking were found. They found the subliminal message "Do it" at least six times. Attorney Kenneth McKenna said, "They just literally obeyed the commands of the music, and the lyrics . . ."

Do you remember Patty Hearst?

In February, 1974, she was kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army. But shortly, she's helping the SLA rob banks. You wonder how they converted her? Newsweek magazine, February 16, 1976, Dr. William Sargent, Britain's foremost expert on brainwashing was asked to examine Patty Hearst. His conclusion: "she was a victim of "FORCED CONVERSION" or brainwashing. Her nervous system was kept at maximum stress by the continual playing of loud ROCK MUSIC . . . a person whose nervous system is under constant pressure can "inhibit" and "exhibit" paradoxical brain activity—BAD BECOMES GOOD AND GOOD BECOMES BAD."

According to Dr. Sargent, rock music can actually "convert" the listener — bad actually becomes good, and good becomes bad. That explains the often irrational and unnatural behavior among today's youth. No wonder I've had young people, without the least bit of fear or hesitation, look me straight in the face and say, "Yea, man, I wanna go to hell, we're gonna party down in the flames of hell with Satan."

Methinks they sensed you were a HYSTERICAL, JABBERING LUNATIC, and thought they'd have some fun winding you up. Before going home to kill their parents, on the instructions of Led Zep, of course. :eyebrow:

Sixteen-year-old, Dennis Bartts, of Center Point, Texas, told his best friend he "planned to meet Satan." He walked to the high school football field, carrying his portable cassette player. When he got there he popped AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" in the cassette player, and hung himself from the goalpost.

There is no rational explanation for such behavior, outside of "satanic" influence. Reporter Tom Jarriel on ABC's "20/20" said, "The Satanic message is clear, both in the album covers and in the lyrics, WHICH ARE REACHING IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG MINDS."

So... we remove their minds and everything is cool again! Stepford here we come!

According to the book Satanism in America, which is endorsed by the National Criminal Justice Task Force on Occult Related Ritualistic Crimes, hard-core Satanism has been called "the fastest-growing subculture among America's teens."

The facts speak loud and clear!

Satan, using a very powerful and deadly weapon called rock music, has penetrated and captured the minds of this generation!

Young people tell me, "Aw man, it's not affecting me. I don't worship the devil. I'm not gonna commit suicide, or anything. I just like listening to the music. But man, it doesn't affect me."

That's not what Dr. Kappas says . . .

Dr. John Kappas, a leading researcher of the mind and hypnosis, started in the early 60's studying the effects of rock music. Dr. Kappas said, " . . . the things that aren't understood about all these satanic things is how they get the message across to these young people. What you are talking about is what is called WAKING SUGGESTIBILITY. These are highly suggestible states easily influencing the young . . . any conscious message that goes along with that record will be bought by the listener at that time. THERE IS NO DEFENSE against the conscious message received at that time . . . They will take in anything that you suggest at that time BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO DEFENSES AGAINST IT . . . THEY BECAME HYPNOTIZED . . . These were individuals who were ESSENTIALLY WALKING AROUND IN A HYPNOTIC STATE . . ."

Fourteen-year-old Thomas Sullivan of New Jersey, a fan of Ozzy Osbourne, claimed it didn't affect him. But on January 9, 1988 the small town of Jefferson Township knew better. Tommy Sullivan, your typical, all-American, fourteen-year-old — BECAME A BRUTAL KILLER!

That Saturday night, Tommy's father was awakened by the sound of a smoke alarm. He got up and discovered a small fire burning in the living room. While he was putting it out, he heard the front door slam. He went to the window in time to see someone plow the family car into a snowbank, then jump out of the car and run. Then he found his wife in the basement, lying in a pool of blood. Her eyes had been gouged, her cheeks carved and her throat brutally slit.

"We knew immediately who our suspect was," said Detective Hart. On the front seat of the family car was found a note in Tommy's handwriting, addressed to "the greatest demons of hell." It included a pledge to kill his family. The pledge had been crossed out, and in parentheses, Tommy had added, "I have already killed my family."

Early the next morning, a neighbor spotted Tommy's shirtless, frozen body in the neighbor's snow-covered backyard. His wrists were slashed and his throat slashed from ear-to-ear with an intensity that nearly decapitated him. Mayor Fran Slayton put it best, "There's just something that's bothering me about this situation. It bothers me that a good kid like that can go in two weeks."

Tommy's father said later, all week his son had been singing a rock song "about blood and killing your mother."

1 Peter 5:8 says, ". . . the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR:"

Jesus Christ said, "He that is not with me is against me. . ."

When you say NO to Jesus — you say YES to Satan.

And friend, That's a very, very serious thing to do!

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

Oh good. I am glad to hear it.

YOU CAN BE SAVED THIS VERY MINUTE!

It's simple to be saved ...

1. Know you're a sinner.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10

"... for there is no difference. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

2. That Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for your sins.

"Who his own self bare our sins in SIZEown body on the tree, ..." 1 Peter 2:24

"... Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," Revelation 1:5

3. And the best way you know how, simply trust Him, and Him alone as your personal Savior.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE SAVED?

Pray this prayer, and mean it with all your heart.

Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and unless you save me I am lost forever. I thank you for dying for me at Calvary. I come to you now, Lord the best way I know how, and ask you to save me. I now receive you as my Savior. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.

I am hoping that this is someone being satirical...

I would love to stay and chat, but as I have just finished listening to Beautiful Day, I feel the need to go on a murderous spree.

I blame this song for everything: http://www.its.caltech.edu/~yel/Fire.html
Obviously, Billy Joel is responsible for all society's ills. :wink:

Last edited:
"satan has commanded a vicious attack, blah blah blah..."

these people sure intercept a lot of secrets.

What utter idiotic paranoic delusionary talk. People say the craziest things. I don't dismiss all talk of Satan by any means, but my own sister is a New Ager and she doesn't even believe in Satan.

No thread about Satan coming to take us all away would be complete without a comprehensive resource section such as this one.

Enjoy.

Backwards - Satanic lyrics
http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

Christian Urban Legends: Music
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_cul5.htm

Okay - that wasn't particularly comprehensive at all - I got distracted by falling off my chair laughing at some of the idotic theories randoms post on the 'net (present company excepted:wink: ). Will add more links as I recover.

The best hidden message ever, in my opinion, was by Pink Floyd:

On Pink Floyd's rock epic The Wall there is an intentional backwards message at the beginning of the track "Empty Spaces":

"...congratulations. You've just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the funny farm, Chalfont."

Deliberately recorded backward messages in songs - a way of making an artistic statement and also to have fun at the expense of pious, po-faced critics.

The Christian rock group Petra in their song "Judas Kiss" included the message "What are you looking for the devil for, when you ought to be looking for the Lord?".

Last edited:
In their song "Lift Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out)", from 1996's One Fierce Beer Coaster, The Bloodhound Gang includes the verse: "I hope you take this the wrong way / And misinterpret what I say / Rewind and let me reverse it / backwards like Judas Priest first did". What follows is a backwards message, which, when reversed, says: "Devil shall wake up and eat Chef Boyardee Beefaroni".

This is a bit random, but it made me laugh my socks off:

"Who cares?"-Angus Young, of AC/DC, when asked who he thought would be #1 this week, Backstreet Boys or NSYNC.

http://www.herbertwarmstrong.com/backward_masking.htm

Last edited:
We're all up shit creek, according to these... strange people:

LOOK at the bit about Freddie Mercury. Holy crapola. Some people are beyond ridiculous. :mad:
http://www.arulnathan.com/images/rock.pdf

WHAT ROCK STARS PROPAGATE
A very good indication of what rock personalities believe, stand for and propagate is their lifestyle. "You will know them by their fruits. A sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. (Mt 7:16-18).

The good fruit the Bible speaks of are "live, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control" (Gal 5:22).
The bad fruit are "The works of the flesh: fornication, impurity, licentiousness,
idolatry, sorcery, enemity, strive, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party - spirit, envy, drunkenness,carousing..." (Gal 5:19-21) such qualities, and the philosophies that promote them are "earthly, unspiritual
& devilish" (James 3:15).

As we read what rock stars have to say let us apply the above God's standards and identify what kind of tree they are what kind of fruit they bear. These are not exceptions, but very representative of a general trend. Jim Morison of "The Doors"; I'm interested in any thing that is about revolt, disorder, chaos, especially activity that has no meaning." He died due to an overdose of drugs and alcohol at age 27.

Freddy Mercury of "Queen" said that he was very emotional, and may go mad in a few years. He died of AIDS. (slang for homosexual).

Pete Townshend of "Who": "Rock is going to kill me somehow, mentally or physically or something, it's going to get me in the end".

Oozy Osborne of "Black Sabbath": Admitted to doing insane things. One he took an axe and chopped down every door in the house. He would drag his wife around the house by the hair. Slaughtered live animals on stage and would throw the bloody parts to screaming fans.

Steve Holland of "Molly Atchet": Says of his addiction to alcohol. "This is the stuff that keeps you going. Every January, we load as many bottles as we can into our equipment truck and then keep touring until we run out. It's the only way to live".

The group "Van Halen": "We like to sweep around cities and towns with one basic idea in mind, storm a city, conquer it, and after it's over, we sack the village and go looking for women and children".

Prince: Known for his lewd lyrics and onstage sexual antics. Claims that sex in general is more than business, it's his mission.

John Lennon of "The Beatles": "Christianity will go. It will vanish andsink. We're more popular than Jesus right now".

Robert Hunter of "Grateful
Dead": "Destroy yourself, physically and mentally, and insist that all true brothers do likewise as an expression of unity".

Keith Richards of "Rolling Stones"; "I only get ill when I give up drugs".

Glenn Tyre of "Eagles": "I'm in the music business for the sex and the drugs".

Alan Lanier of "Blue Oyster Cult": "Rock-n-roll has a real violent catharsis
to it. It brings out violent emotions. There's a lot of aggression in the music".

David Bowie: "Rock-n-roll has always been the devil's music. It could very well bring about a very evil feeling in the West".

David Crosby: "I figured that the only thing to do was steal their kids. I still think it's the only thing to do. By saying that, I am not talking about kidnapping. I'm just talking about changing people's value systems which removes them from their parents world very effectively".

Bob Pitman of MTV: "Our audience is the television babies who grew up on TV and rock-n-roll. The strongest appeal you can make is emotionally.
If you can get their emotions going, (make them) forget their logic, you've got'em".

The Bible warns "Do not be deceived - bad company ruins good morals"
(1Cor 15: 33) which today would mean for us, being exposed to the influence of such people, could cause us to become like them.

:ohmy: What a (k)nob.

This chap has a plan to convert us from our evil ways, as well. Lovely. :rolleyes:

Now is the time for you to decide, whether you want to listen to, admire, be influenced by and follow the example and values of such people.

To know what to listen to, a look at the album cover or lyric sheet will be enough. Also look at the lifestyle of artists and their intentions. If the rock star's life is a mess, he probably has nothing to say that's worth hearing forward or backward.

It could be that you have some such records with you. These may be very dear to you. Jesus says, "If your right hand offends you. Cut it off, and if your right eye offends you, pluck it out (mt 5:29, 30). That's pretty strong language, but He didn't mean we should literally dismember ourselves.
He was saying figuratively, "If there is something near and dear to you, which is causing you .to sin - get rid of it".

So if it's an audio/video cassette,
erase it. If it a LP record or compact disk, break it. Yes, I repeat break it. Don't sell or give away to someone else. It would mean, I want to be safe but I don't care what happens to others what about the un-censored programs that come into your home via star TV? Today you have to be your own censorer.

God is looking out for people who dare to stand for him. So next time you see something immoral, or against Christian principles, dare to walk away, change the channel & if required even switch off the TV.

Note please: - For further information regarding this matter, visit www.jytkmce.net or
Mail to: info@jytkmce.net
http://www.arulnathan.com

No thanks.:eyebrow:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
What utter idiotic paranoic delusionary talk. People say the craziest things. I don't dismiss all talk of Satan by any means, but my own sister is a New Ager and she doesn't even believe in Satan.
New agers generally don't believe in Satan.

If you believe that Jesus is Lord, then a belief in Satan is also necessary. After all, not only did Jesus talk about Satan quite a bit during his ministry on earth, he also said that he came to destroy the works of the devil.

verte76 said:

Satan doesn't want you to believe in him.

Satan tried to draw your attention away from God. Not 180 degrees away (that's too obvious). Just far enough that you miss God's calling.

Under this premises, it is not an unreasonable conclusion to suggest that Satan may influence things that draw your attention away from God.

Back
Top Bottom