I find this more than a little worrying. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2005, 07:53 AM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:08 AM
In their song "Lift Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out)", from 1996's One Fierce Beer Coaster, The Bloodhound Gang includes the verse: "I hope you take this the wrong way / And misinterpret what I say / Rewind and let me reverse it / backwards like Judas Priest first did". What follows is a backwards message, which, when reversed, says: "Devil shall wake up and eat Chef Boyardee Beefaroni".

This is a bit random, but it made me laugh my socks off:

"Who cares?"-Angus Young, of AC/DC, when asked who he thought would be #1 this week, Backstreet Boys or NSYNC.

http://www.herbertwarmstrong.com/backward_masking.htm

Old 04-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #17
New Yorker

We're all up shit creek, according to these... strange people:

LOOK at the bit about Freddie Mercury. Holy crapola. Some people are beyond ridiculous.
http://www.arulnathan.com/images/rock.pdf

Quote:
WHAT ROCK STARS PROPAGATE
A very good indication of what rock personalities believe, stand for and propagate is their lifestyle. "You will know them by their fruits. A sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. (Mt 7:16-18).

The good fruit the Bible speaks of are "live, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control" (Gal 5:22).
The bad fruit are "The works of the flesh: fornication, impurity, licentiousness,
idolatry, sorcery, enemity, strive, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party - spirit, envy, drunkenness,carousing..." (Gal 5:19-21) such qualities, and the philosophies that promote them are "earthly, unspiritual
& devilish" (James 3:15).

As we read what rock stars have to say let us apply the above God's standards and identify what kind of tree they are what kind of fruit they bear. These are not exceptions, but very representative of a general trend. Jim Morison of "The Doors"; I'm interested in any thing that is about revolt, disorder, chaos, especially activity that has no meaning." He died due to an overdose of drugs and alcohol at age 27.

Freddy Mercury of "Queen" said that he was very emotional, and may go mad in a few years. He died of AIDS. (slang for homosexual).

Pete Townshend of "Who": "Rock is going to kill me somehow, mentally or physically or something, it's going to get me in the end".

Oozy Osborne of "Black Sabbath": Admitted to doing insane things. One he took an axe and chopped down every door in the house. He would drag his wife around the house by the hair. Slaughtered live animals on stage and would throw the bloody parts to screaming fans.

Steve Holland of "Molly Atchet": Says of his addiction to alcohol. "This is the stuff that keeps you going. Every January, we load as many bottles as we can into our equipment truck and then keep touring until we run out. It's the only way to live".

The group "Van Halen": "We like to sweep around cities and towns with one basic idea in mind, storm a city, conquer it, and after it's over, we sack the village and go looking for women and children".

Prince: Known for his lewd lyrics and onstage sexual antics. Claims that sex in general is more than business, it's his mission.

John Lennon of "The Beatles": "Christianity will go. It will vanish andsink. We're more popular than Jesus right now".

Robert Hunter of "Grateful
Dead": "Destroy yourself, physically and mentally, and insist that all true brothers do likewise as an expression of unity".

Keith Richards of "Rolling Stones"; "I only get ill when I give up drugs".

Glenn Tyre of "Eagles": "I'm in the music business for the sex and the drugs".

Alan Lanier of "Blue Oyster Cult": "Rock-n-roll has a real violent catharsis
to it. It brings out violent emotions. There's a lot of aggression in the music".

David Bowie: "Rock-n-roll has always been the devil's music. It could very well bring about a very evil feeling in the West".

David Crosby: "I figured that the only thing to do was steal their kids. I still think it's the only thing to do. By saying that, I am not talking about kidnapping. I'm just talking about changing people's value systems which removes them from their parents world very effectively".

Bob Pitman of MTV: "Our audience is the television babies who grew up on TV and rock-n-roll. The strongest appeal you can make is emotionally.
If you can get their emotions going, (make them) forget their logic, you've got'em".

The Bible warns "Do not be deceived - bad company ruins good morals"
(1Cor 15: 33) which today would mean for us, being exposed to the influence of such people, could cause us to become like them.
What a (k)nob.

Old 04-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #18
New Yorker

This chap has a plan to convert us from our evil ways, as well. Lovely.

Quote:
Now is the time for you to decide, whether you want to listen to, admire, be influenced by and follow the example and values of such people.

To know what to listen to, a look at the album cover or lyric sheet will be enough. Also look at the lifestyle of artists and their intentions. If the rock star's life is a mess, he probably has nothing to say that's worth hearing forward or backward.

It could be that you have some such records with you. These may be very dear to you. Jesus says, "If your right hand offends you. Cut it off, and if your right eye offends you, pluck it out (mt 5:29, 30). That's pretty strong language, but He didn't mean we should literally dismember ourselves.
He was saying figuratively, "If there is something near and dear to you, which is causing you .to sin - get rid of it".

So if it's an audio/video cassette,
erase it. If it a LP record or compact disk, break it. Yes, I repeat break it. Don't sell or give away to someone else. It would mean, I want to be safe but I don't care what happens to others what about the un-censored programs that come into your home via star TV? Today you have to be your own censorer.

God is looking out for people who dare to stand for him. So next time you see something immoral, or against Christian principles, dare to walk away, change the channel & if required even switch off the TV.

Note please: - For further information regarding this matter, visit www.jytkmce.net or
Mail to: info@jytkmce.net
http://www.arulnathan.com
No thanks.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
What utter idiotic paranoic delusionary talk. People say the craziest things. I don't dismiss all talk of Satan by any means, but my own sister is a New Ager and she doesn't even believe in Satan.
New agers generally don't believe in Satan.

If you believe that Jesus is Lord, then a belief in Satan is also necessary. After all, not only did Jesus talk about Satan quite a bit during his ministry on earth, he also said that he came to destroy the works of the devil.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:50 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

New agers generally don't believe in Satan.
There are also "Satanists" who don't believe in Satan as an entity. But I digress.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:55 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
What utter idiotic paranoic delusionary talk. People say the craziest things. I don't dismiss all talk of Satan by any means, but my own sister is a New Ager and she doesn't even believe in Satan.
Satan doesn't want you to believe in him.

Satan tried to draw your attention away from God. Not 180 degrees away (that's too obvious). Just far enough that you miss God's calling.

Under this premises, it is not an unreasonable conclusion to suggest that Satan may influence things that draw your attention away from God.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 05:08 AM
FromBackwards - Satanic lyrics
http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

Frank Zappa: Nanook Rubs It. The reversal says: There's no-one except the sheik that remembered we had the mumps
Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #23
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by threwabrick
FromBackwards - Satanic lyrics
http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

Frank Zappa: Nanook Rubs It. The reversal says: There's no-one except the sheik that remembered we had the mumps
Yes, I saw that one. Having listened to a fair bit of Zappa here and there, I'm not surprised at all. That gave me a good giggle.