I find it QUITE Offensive that some "FANS" seem to think that..... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2002, 01:25 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
i think kobe was kidding.
if he was, a wink smilie would have sufficied. as it stands it seems kobe was serious. and those types of little quips against adam just annoy me.

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher

Old 04-03-2002, 01:33 PM   #17
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:26 AM
Kobe is against smilies.

Old 04-03-2002, 02:09 PM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 03:26 PM
It doesn' hurt to entertain and help the world at the same time. Bono is a man who has given a lot to the world. He is an inspiration, and if anyone disagrees....... THEIR JUST JEALOUS...... Plus, why should people complain about his outlook when really he is being an honest, caring, and positive individual..... THEIR JOB WAS ALWAYS TO BRING SOME SORT OF HAPPINESS TO THE WORLD... WETHER IT IS WORKING ON AN ALBUM OR FEEDING MOUTHS.

ROCK ON BONO
Old 04-03-2002, 02:54 PM   #19
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
We wouldn't get any more out of him if he wasn't doing this stuff," Clayton says
I think Adam is right in that Bono can manage to combine the two jobs

I think Bono actually needs to stay relevant as a musician to make sure his political activities will get the result he wants
as soon as (if ever) U2 enters the has-been league most of the politicians Bono is talking to now wouldn't even want their pic taken with him
on the other hand if he fails in his political endeavours (and Bono's image gets dented in the public opinion) the music critics will certainly try to use public opinion and slam him as soon as U2 isn't able to have the same succes as ATYCLB generated

the only way Bono can win is if he succeeds in being the best in both arreas

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 04-03-2002).]
Old 04-03-2002, 06:01 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:26 AM
If you really think that Bono sincerely likes such characters as Sen. Jesse Helms, then I think we have a case of willful blindness.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy
Old 04-03-2002, 06:20 PM   #21
Banned

Location: my lovenest / in bed with Larry, Bono, Larry, :heart: Adam, Larry, Edge, *swoon* kisses and THUD !!!
Quote:
Originally posted by melon:
If you really think that Bono sincerely likes such characters as Sen. Jesse Helms, then I think we have a case of willful blindness.

Melon

And if you really think you know who/what Bono likes, and believe what you posted here then yes we do have a case of willful blindness.

Old 04-03-2002, 06:28 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LOVE MUSCLE:
And if you really think you know who/what Bono likes, and believe what you posted here then yes we do have a case of willful blindness.
If you've ever paid attention to any of Bono's religion and politics over the last two decades, do you really think he'd be buddies with Sen. Jesse Helms, who epitomizes intolerance? Think about that, and get back to me.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

[This message has been edited by melon (edited 04-03-2002).]
Old 04-03-2002, 07:33 PM   #23
Refugee

Quote:
If you've ever paid attention to any of Bono's religion and politics over the last two decades, do you really think he'd be buddies with Sen. Jesse Helms, who epitomizes intolerance? Think about that, and get back to me.

Melon

Melon-
Its not like Bono and Jesse H are going to sing songs around the campfire.
It is nice that Bono was able to enlightened this old codger before he met his maker-dont you think?

Diamond
Old 04-03-2002, 08:03 PM   #24
The Fly

if Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam, any of them liked Orrin Hatch, Bob Barr, Jesse Helms, or any of their ilk, would never buy or listen to another thing they ever put out. Fortunately, their music tells us what they really think.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:36 PM   #25
Acrobat

You know..it is possibel to vehemently disagree with a person and still like them. I am not sayign that Bono does like anyone he's worked with at the white house...but maybe he does...maybe he met someone that he liked even though he didn't agree with the views. I have friends who disagree with me on political issues severely, but we like eachother on different accounts...so who knows..maybe bono and orrin hatch really did like discussing radiohead together...?
Old 04-03-2002, 08:49 PM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by popsadie:
You know..it is possibel to vehemently disagree with a person and still like them. I am not sayign that Bono does like anyone he's worked with at the white house...but maybe he does...maybe he met someone that he liked even though he didn't agree with the views. I have friends who disagree with me on political issues severely, but we like eachother on different accounts...so who knows..maybe bono and orrin hatch really did like discussing radiohead together...?
Perfect analogy Popsadie.

D
B
Old 04-03-2002, 09:02 PM   #27
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:

Melon

Well, I can't find where, but there was a magazine article (RS?) a while back where Bono was talking to Thom Yorke about his dealings with 'drop the debt'. Yorke scoffed at his meeting with Jessee Helms and another conservative (who was a Radiohead fan) by saying "great, bad people like our music.." (not a direct quote since I couldn't find the article). Bono's response was, ..."just because they are conservative dosen't mean they are bad..." (once again, not a direct quote).

Does anyone remember this, because I am not making this up.

Melon, this means people mature with age. Anger and rage deflate as well, perhaps Bono has been focused on the issue and not the conservative/politican.

Bono is not a moron like Alec Baldwin or one of those twits who think they sound important because they can stand on their soapbox and denounce conservatives because they are of a different party. Baldwin publicly called the Bush election and 911 the two catastrophic things that happened in 2001. Real smart american guy that Baldwin.

Anyway, I apologize for straying off track here. I hope you aren't in some liberal denial by believing that Bono really hates the conservatives yet is putting on some front to accomplish his goals. IF this were the case, then how would we know when he was pretending or not? How do we know that he isn't pretending he likes us when he really hates us but loves our $$$ and the great life we have given him?

Think about it and get back to me.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #28
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by U2live:
if Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam, any of them liked Orrin Hatch, Bob Barr, Jesse Helms, or any of their ilk, would never buy or listen to another thing they ever put out. Fortunately, their music tells us what they really think.
Well, your punctuation and grammar use is actually worse than mine, so it's hard to tell what your exact meaning is here.

Old 04-03-2002, 09:05 PM   #29
Refugee

Nice retort, Brother Edge.-w our resident lib-melon

D
B

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 04-03-2002).]
Old 04-03-2002, 09:31 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

As DiamondBono_9 would say:

"It's about transcending boundaries..."

The beautiful thing about Bono is that he has a lot less hatred for other people than some of his fans seem to have.

~U2Alabama