"I don't have anything against those people." - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #46
War Child
Local Time: 07:33 AM
This is what happens when we make saints out of idiots, people.

Get. Over. It.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:33 AM
I will never understand why grown men speak in that way. Ooh sissy, wife "wears the pants" not "gay fag", so using that word is OK.

Shock jock wannabe John DePetro has been yanked off the air for two days and ordered to apologize for calling embattled Big Dig chief Matt Amorello a “fag” yesterday on his morning radio show.

“This corporation has zero tolerance for racial intolerance. Mr. DePetro has 72 hours to think about it,” said Jason Wolfe, vice president of programming at WRKO (680) and WEEI-AM (850).

DePetro called Amorello “Fag Matt” while discussing the Pike boss’ decision to bring his wife, Charlotte, and his chief flack, Mariellen Burns, to Saturday’s memorial service for tunnel victim Milena Del Valle.

“And I don’t mean gay fag, I just mean the way when you’re a sophomore, juvenile, in grammar school and somebody would say you’re like a sissy boy fag,” DePetro said on-air. “I don’t mean gay fag. I mean like sissy boy. He’s a little sissy boy. Wife wears the pants.”

Amorello, who has faced calls for his resignation since last week’s deadly Big Dig tunnel collapse, declined to comment on DePetro’s remarks.

But the radio host’s comments incensed gay advocates. “It’s extremely offensive. It’s childish. It’s incendiary,” said Emily Pitt, ofFenway Community Health.

“As far as I know, Matt Amorello is not a gay man, but even if he were, it’s just ridiculous,” said Pitt, who didn’t hear DePetro’s show but received e-mails about it.

“It’s pathetic,” added Massachusetts Sen. Jarrett T. Barrios (D-Cambridge), who is openly gay.

Wolfe was program director at WEEI in 2003 when co-hosts John Dennis and Gerry Callahan were suspended for two weeks for comparing an escaped gorilla to an inner-city Metco student.

DePetro, who is suspended and off the air today and tomorrow, did not return a call. It’s unclear whether he will be docked two days’ pay.

A spokeswoman for the Federal Communications Commission said yesterday they can’t comment on whether a complaint was filed.

Last month, Chicago White Sox Manager Ozzie Guillen was fined and ordered to attend sensitivity training for calling Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti a “fag.” Guillen later apologized.

During January, February and March, DePetro’s 9 a.m. to noon show was tied for 18th place with Worcester’s WXLO-FM among the coveted group of 25 to 54-year-old adults, according to winter ratings, the latest figures available.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #48
love, blood, life
Local Time: 05:33 PM
to the FCC

to internal punishment without threat from the FCC
Old 07-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:33 AM
He shouldn't have said it, but people seem to be blowing things out of proportion.