"I could care less"....??? - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2005, 05:32 AM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
Hmmm, well, they are hot breakfast cereals akin to oatmeal ( You gotta know what that is, right? )
Okay. I'm with you now.

Old 05-02-2005, 05:33 AM   #182
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli

That dairy products eg Magnums are ice blocks. They're ice creams. You have corrected yourself since though. lol
If it's on a stick, it's an ice block. Maybe I'm out of touch and Magnums now come in tubs too, but when I think of a Magnum, it's one of those blocks of ice cream coated in chocolate on a stick. That's an ice block to me because it's on a stick.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2005, 05:35 AM   #183
Vocal parasite

All this talk of oatmeal makes me think of porridge ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2005, 05:35 AM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

The stick has no meaning, my child. lol

Cold dairy producty thingies are ice creams.

Water based products are ice blocks/poles. "Freezers" are ice blocks/poles. Frozen cordial in a tube are ice blocks/poles
Old 05-02-2005, 05:35 AM   #185
Jesus Online

Not to make this more confusing, I thought it was Axver who reminded me of the name of icy watery things by calling them iceblocks. things with icecreams (on a stick) are called...icecreams loll.

no wonder seppos dont understand us
Old 05-02-2005, 05:37 AM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

Ice cream in a cone is an icecream.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:41 AM   #187
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The stick has no meaning, my child. lol

Cold dairy producty thingies are ice creams.

Water based products are ice blocks/poles. "Freezers" are ice blocks/poles. Frozen cordial in a tube are ice blocks/poles
I grew up with the stick having the meaning! You had your typical ice blocks - a block of flavoured ice on a stick. But then you had these fancy ice blocks that came along with chocolate coatings and ice cream, but they were still ice blocks! Ice cream came in a tub or cone. Like at my grandparents' shop, they would scoop the ice cream out onto a cone and give it to you, but if you wanted an ice block, you went to the freezer at the side of the shop and you'd find all the stuff on a stick.

So yeah, to make it clear, to me:

On a stick: ice block
In a tub or on a cone: ice cream

Didn't think ice cream would be so complex!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2005, 05:44 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

A Magnum is an ice cream loll
Old 05-02-2005, 05:46 AM   #189
Vocal parasite

Quote:
A Magnum is an ice cream loll
To you nutty Aussies, perhaps. Then again, every Kiwi knows that if he is in disagreement with an Australian, the Aussie's wrong.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2005, 05:48 AM   #190
Vocal parasite

I'm off to bed, and that actually inspired another question: what do you folks call the cover? To me, it's a bedspread (the term I grew up with in New Zealand), and that seems to be a universally understood term. However, I've been in Australia long enough that 'doona' has actually become a word I use often, probably more than bedspread, as much as I hate to admit that. I've heard Americans call it a comforter, which I think is simply bizarre as I don't think of a bedspread wrapping an arm around my shoulders and offering me a tissue when I'm upset. What's it called in England?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2005, 05:49 AM   #191
Jesus Online

actually, on further pondering, im wondering if there is any truth in axvers claims.

i am thinking back to public swimming pool days. remeber toobs???? they were the SHIT! and you'd pay your 20 cents and swim then hound mum for another 20 cents to buy a bag of toobs or an iceblock?

what was i saying again?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:51 AM   #192
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm off to bed, and that actually inspired another question: what do you folks call the cover? To me, it's a bedspread (the term I grew up with in New Zealand), and that seems to be a universally understood term. However, I've been in Australia long enough that 'doona' has actually become a word I use often, probably more than bedspread, as much as I hate to admit that. I've heard Americans call it a comforter, which I think is simply bizarre as I don't think of a bedspread wrapping an arm around my shoulders and offering me a tissue when I'm upset. What's it called in England?
doonas are the fat bulky things which have a cover on them which match your sheets (if you are anal like me lol) and a bedspread is a thinner, but very warm courded (as in courdory) cottonish thick sheet. very thick, but warm. good in autumn or spring.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 AM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Duvet in England, I think.

A bedspreads different to a doona. A bedspread is like a really thick fancy sheet that covers the bed.

A doona is a padded thingie that requires a cover. A quilt cover! Doonas are called quilts over here but not quilts like USA quilts - those are bedspreads. :cookiemonster:
Old 05-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #194
Jesus Online

loll
Old 05-02-2005, 05:56 AM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

When I said "over here", I meant here in the West.