i can't wait til election day to be over, dammt, and heres why the reps ain't cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's shades said:
I'm sick of the phone calls, too - actually I'm just as sick as the Democratic ones as I am the Republican ones. And when I went to my car after church this morning I found a flyer from the Republican party on my windshield, with "Who Shares Your Values?" printed at the top. :| In other words, I'm supposedly a bad Christian because I plan to vote for Kerry. :madspit:

WOW. That would drive me crazy if my church told me which way to vote. In fact, our pastors have been very forceful in stressing that God does not choose parties. You've got to choose your candidate based on the issues that touch you the most.

To be fair, I don't know if it was someone from my church who did it or just someone from the Republican party who thought it would be a good idea to do this outside churches in the community. At the conclusion of Mass this morning the priest did advise us to take our Christian values into the voting booth with us on Tuesday, but he didn't say who to vote for.

joyfulgirl said:
During the 2000 campaign, I got a total of one phone call urging me to vote. This year I'm averaging 4-5 a day (I'm in New Mexico, a swing state)!! 99% have been from the Republicans. Yesterday, finally, I got a call--an actual human being rather than a recorded message--from the Kerry folks offering me a ticket to see Kerry and Clinton who were here today but I couldn't make it. Would've been fun, though.

Same here. All my phone calls have been from the Republicans. The one call I got from the Democrats was from Bill Clinton asking me to vote on Tuesday. PA is a battle ground state.

Joyfulgirl, last night I watched the ralley in New Mexico with Bill Clinton on C-SPAN. He was awesome!!!

Bono's shades said:
I'm sick of the phone calls, too - actually I'm just as sick as the Democratic ones as I am the Republican ones. And when I went to my car after church this morning I found a flyer from the Republican party on my windshield, with "Who Shares Your Values?" printed at the top. :| In other words, I'm supposedly a bad Christian because I plan to vote for Kerry. :madspit:

Yeah, I got that on my windshield this morning. It found its proper home in the round file, aka, parking garage trashcan.

tiny dancer said:

Joyfulgirl, last night I watched the ralley in New Mexico with Bill Clinton on C-SPAN. He was awesome!!!

I missed the whole thing--I wasn't here--and I haven't even seen any of the local coverage. All of my colleagues went so I'm sure I'll hear all about it tomorrow.

sharky said:
Both sides are doing some shady things, I admit it. But regardless, no vote should be disenfranchised. Its wrong on both ends.

I think we are fooling ourselves if we think that either candidate cares about counting everyone's vote. Just look at where selective lawsuits are filed, challenges are made, etc.

Political office is too much of a $$$ machine to leave it to just the voting public.

Bono's shades said:

hmm, imho i think the Rep party tends to be more into church than the Dem's so it probably was a hardcore christian(or other)/republican.

i have been averaging 2-3 rep/dem calls a day, its so damn annoying and also messed up that we can't block these calls. let us do our own research on candidates if we please to for cryin out loud. :censored:

I'm glad my church isn't telling me how to vote. Sunday at mass our priest told us to look at the whole candidate and all of the issues. He mentioned health care and the economy as well as the hot-button issues like abortion. Both candidates are very imperfect. I have decided not to wear a clothespin on my nose when I vote. That would be too much of a stupid joke. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom