I am voting for........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party.

He is on the ballot in 48 of 50 states.......

He is polling better than Nader.

Dreadsox said:
Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party.

your vote

like mine has no weight,
except in the national popular vote.

i like the idea of writing in McCain to tell the God's Own Party that he is preferred over Bush

most believe libertarians take away GOP votes.

Still voting for Kerry.
After seeing Bush's pathetic attempt at a debate with Kerry, it amazes me that anyone would vote for such an incompetent idiot.
Oh yes I do......party partisan politiics.
Who cares if Bush can't do his job; he's
a Republlican....so I have to vote for him mindset. :huh:

deep-- where do you live? I have the same problem in Brooklyn, NY. We still have the lever machines here and I had a friend who once voted for one person that was a Repbulican. I dunno, I think the Democratic nominee was her landlord and wouldn't fix anything in her place or something. So they use the same levers for Democrats and Republicans every year. She went to push the Republican lever and it made a loud CLUNK. I don't that lever had been used in years.

Go popular vote!

sharky said:
deep-- where do you live?

Go popular vote!

I live in Newport Beach, CA

Kerry will win my state by perhaps a million votes.

MA and NY are safely blue states also.

I read an article today about the Australian Election process.

It is very impressive.

U2democrat said:
today at school i parked behind a guy with a badnarik bumper sticker.

but i'm voting for nobody since i turn 18 3 days after the election! :madspit::madspit::madspit:

Ah, U2democrat that sucks about the voting. Right now Kerry is leading 7 points up behind Bush here in PA. That makes me a happy camper.

The pundits are actually saying Bush may lose because of Badnarik. He's the only alternative to diehards that can't or won't vote for Kerry. :up:

Wouldn't it be ironic if he is the spoiler for Bush like Nader was for GOre in 00.

He has a better shot at influencing the election than Nadar. Nadar is only on 38 ballots if I am not mistaken.

I am still undecided. I dont really like Bush or Kerry. I dont know what to do! I wish we had more choices. I dont think there is any sense in voting for someone such as, an independent or write in, that we know are not going to win.
I am going to watch the debate tonite and maybe I can make up my mind. If not, I dont think I will vote because I dont see the point if I dont like the candidates.

Dreadsox said:
He has a better shot at influencing the election than Nadar. Nadar is only on 38 ballots if I am not mistaken.

Funny, I posted a note about Badnarik a while back, wondering how many votes he was going to get. The Libertarians are the largest third party in the United States, and I know several members of the Party. Yes, he could get a nice slice of votes from people who want to cast protest votes and don't want to do it for Nader.

Sheltie said:
If not, I dont think I will vote because I dont see the point if I dont like the candidates.

If you don't, you will have absolutely no right to complain about the results or the actions of whomever wins for the next 4 years.

Sheltie said:
I watched the debate and I have made my choice. I will be at the polls to cast my vote!:yes:

if you're at all happy about the way things have been in america the last few years vote for bush.
if not, vote for kerry.
because a vote for bush will bring another 4 years of the same.

I'm in the swing state of New Mexico and therefore have to vote for Kerry if I want Bush out, and I do. I'm going to vote this week with a paper ballot. :)

DaveC said:

If you don't, you will have absolutely no right to complain about the results or the actions of whomever wins for the next 4 years.

Rubbish.

I can either (1) take two hours out of my day and end up complaining about whichever candidate wins for the next four years, or (2) stay at home and end up complaining about whichever candidate wins for the next four years.

Dreadsox said:

I absolutely believe that is true. And he's going to siphon more Bush votes than Nader will siphon Kerry votes, which is the true irony.

The media and hosts of others have made such a big deal about Nader where, Bednarik, a conservative like most Libertarians are actually reformed Republicans. It is the largest growing 3rd party and it's actually the only one I remotely agree with.

I wish we had more real choices, I think the Libertarians could really grow if more conservatives had the balls enough to steer away from Bush. Just my thoughts.

I would like to see the Green Party become bigger too, I don't agree with them, but I think if we were more like Canada and had 5 or 6 parties on the ballots, we would have a much more representative government.

Instead, we get the lesser or two evils. And it will always be this way. The Reform Party had a decent chance, with Perot, who became insane right before the 92 election and then picked arch-conservative Pat Buchanan 4 years later (or was that 2000?).

I say have 2 conservative, 2 liberal and 2 moderate parties on the ballot. But there is way way too much power in the two party system, which is actually something I agree with Rapl Nader 100% about.

A_Wanderer said:
If I were
a: Voting in the US election

and

b: Voting on principle

then I would definitely go Libertarian.

It seems to me that the Libertarians carry sound principles to absurd extremes.

speedracer said:

Rubbish.

I can either (1) take two hours out of my day and end up complaining about whichever candidate wins for the next four years, or (2) stay at home and end up complaining about whichever candidate wins for the next four years.

How is it rubbish?

We in the west have an extraordinary privilege. That is that we are able to choose our own leaders, the people who will make decisions that will influence our lives over the next few years. This idea only recently came about within the last 500 years. That means that for the previous 4,500 years, people were forced to listen to someone who was appointed or was born into making decisions that directly and indirectly affected them. They had no say, so they had every right to complain about their leaders and the decisions they make.

But now we have a say in who does what with our government. And it's our duty to vote. Think about the history of voting for a second. People have been killed for the right to vote! Nelson Mandela went to jail for years for the right of black folks in South Africa to vote (among other things)! The people of Afghanistan just this week went to the polls and braved threats of Taliban violence and lines of hours upon hours just to cast a ballot. What gives you the right to think you can complain about your government if you don't participate in the process that elects them? By NOT voting, you devalue the sacrifices of people who fought and died so that YOU could get off your ass for 20 minutes, drive to a polling station, mark an x, and drive home. It's not like anyone's asking you to perform brain surgery.

It's our duty to vote. If you think you have any right to complain about what the government does if you don't participate, you're flat out wrong. Because by NOT voting, you have basically thrown away any chance you may have had to prevent that government from taking power. So it's your own fault that you have no business complaining about who does what and who gets elected because you were too damn lazy to pick your ass up off the couch, shut the TV off for 20 minutes and get down to a polling station.

It all comes down to complete laziness.

I would agree with that statement too.....

They are extremely focused on the constitution.

I will say this, I think a person might not vote in say Massachusetts or Texas because depending on where they stand, there vote does not have much influence on the election. My 4th grade students recognize this, that because of the electoral college, their vote may not mean as much. Then I point out Tennesee in the last election and their eyes are opened.

Peace

Dreadsox said:
I would agree with that statement too.....

They are extremely focused on the constitution.

I will say this, I think a person might not vote in say Massachusetts or Texas because depending on where they stand, there vote does not have much influence on the election. My 4th grade students recognize this, that because of the electoral college, their vote may not mean as much. Then I point out Tennesee in the last election and their eyes are opened.

Peace

Yup. As painful as 2000 was, it did open alot of eyes.

Back
Top Bottom