I am....stunned......to read about this...(rape)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I am truly truly shocked and stunned that such a person out there could do this.........:

*from a Paper Source

A GRANDMOTHER dying of cancer has been raped on a hospital ward.

The sickening assault on the 71-year-old marks a new level of depravity in the tide of crime sweeping Britain.

Doctors and nurses wept after the frail patient revealed her horrific ordeal. She had kept silent about it for THREE WEEKS because she felt ashamed and did not want her family to know what happened.

She finally blurted out her torment to a GP who alerted police.

The married pensioner, with only months to live, went into King?s College Hospital, South London, for an operation at the end of April.

In the early hours of May 1 she got out of bed to go to a ladies? loo a few yards away.

She was followed in by a man and raped.

A shocked member of staff said: ?It is the worst thing anybody has ever heard of happening in a hospital.

People were crying after finding out.

The victim is dying and the last memory her family are going to have of her is the fact she was raped.

Although the woman had been on powerful cancer drugs, police said they had evidence to confirm her story.

Det Insp Martin Ward, of Streatham CID, said: What happened is simply indescribable. She is very ill and has only a short time to live.

Her husband and family are obviously extremely upset by what has happened to her. The attack is another blow to public confidence in an NHS reeling from crisis to crisis.

And it raises fresh fears about security at the nation?s hospitals.

The victim was on a large, mixed ward which deals with patients of all ages suffering cancer and other illnesses.

People entering must tap in a special code on a combination lock.

Detectives are questioning staff and patients who were there at the time of the rape.

They are also examining the possibility that a prowler could have sneaked in if the security door was left open accidentally.

The pensioner ? who must not be identified ? lives in the South East but outside London.

Mr Ward said: ?She didn?t report what had happened straight away because she said she was ashamed about it.

?She went back home from hospital and a few weeks later finally mentioned it.

?She and her husband are a lovely couple and she is a much-loved grandmother and an outstanding member of her community.?

A spokeswoman at King?s College said: "The hospital and staff are deeply saddened by this incident. ?We have extended our sympathies to the patient and her family.

?The Hospital Trust is working closely with the police investigation.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you know,
we belong to a horrible dispicable race...the human race that is.

The more I learn about what people do the less respect and hope I have for humans in general.

Basstrap said:
you know,
we belong to a horrible dispicable race...the human race that is.

The more I learn about what people do the less respect and hope I have for humans in general.

You're right.

It makes me shiver and shudder now that I hear that, and a little weary because I work in a major hospital. I guess I'll be watching everyone in the hospital a hell of a lot closer than I have been before.

:(

That's just plain sick...fucking sick...sorry, but there is no other way to say it...

How someone in there right mind would do this is unbelievable. This is so sad. You can't feel safe anywhere nowdays. The human race, I think, will be the end of humans in this world. It so sad to think that some psycho people out there are animals and not humans. I don't know why this shocks me, but it does! This is so sad.

While it is truly awful, we have to look at it objectively; this piece of sickening evil is NOT the entire race entire - it is just one man who has stooped so low. This man should be found and incarcerated in MY system of Prison.

However, the article in question is filled with nonsense; there is no crim 'sweeping' Britain, and the NHS, though faced with certain crises, isn't as bad as it is being made out. This is not about the Government and its failings, its about sickening human behaviour.

Poor woman.

Ant.

this is a sick place we live in. it may be just one guy, and not the whole human race, but what brought this man to do such an indescribably horrible thing? i...i can't even describe the feeling i have right now...sinking...uneasy...disturbed...ugh, i hate this society...

This may sound really dumb or not make sense to some pple?

But when I hear more and more about rapes.............. well really, the more I hear about them, the more I start to be against men..........I get angry at them and shun them for what they're so capable of doin.........

well, I hope some of u understand....................:slant:

foray said:
I wonder what kind of evidence they got, since she revealed the incident three weeks later.

foray

As you prolly know, the older you get the longer some wounds take to heal. The poor lady may have had internal damage done. That thought now considered somehow makes it seem even worse. There are other ways too to tell such things I guess.
Such an awful shame.

This story reminds me of something that happened this weekend in Syracuse, NY. A medical van transport driver sexually assaulted a 72 year old lady in the van when he was supposed to be driving her back to the nursing home from the hospital. This man had prior rape convictions. I don't understand how people can abuse seniors like that, or children for that matter.

dipster said:
This story reminds me of something that happened this weekend in Syracuse, NY. A medical van transport driver sexually assaulted a 72 year old lady in the van when he was supposed to be driving her back to the nursing home from the hospital. This man had prior rape convictions. I don't understand how people can abuse seniors like that, or children for that matter.

*sigh* thats terrible Dips..................what I dont understand is why hes not locked up if hes prior convictions!!!!!

What the fuck is wrong with the justice system these days......................
I will never know.............:mad:

it makes me mad they are out...........and pple tink they wont strike again............bollocks!!!!!

None of us have any idea whats goin through these mad men's minds..............its disgustin, they prob get turned on so badly on what they're doin......it adds to much extra for them.....worse for the victim.....its so.........Urgh, I cant even tink about it any more..............................:tsk:

How the hell does someone with those priors get a job as a medical transport driver?
Gawd, that reminds me of a story i heard, im not sure where it happened, but a lady was in a coma and had been for 9months or a year or something and they noticed she was putting on weight. Tests revealed she was a few months pregnant. They found out it was a man who worked there.
Its just disgusting what some people will do.

Angela Harlem said:
How the hell does someone with those priors get a job as a medical transport driver?

Yes, exactly. That's what they are investigating now, how he ever got that job. I also have heard stories of women in comas who have gotten pregnant. That's really sick!

U sayin about pple in comas being victims.......there was a programme here called Footballers Wives, more of a drama series, and one man in it was in a coma (how he got that way, I missed it) - and the nurse who was in charge was supposed to be lookin after him, but when family where away, while he was lying completely unconscious, she was movin his hand around to touch her on the breast or in a more 'private' area, while she giggled and 'told' him he was being a naughty man............:eek:

The fact they put that in a drama had me and mum like :shocked:

We all know this goes on everyday, but I wonder are we to be reminded though media constantly or somethin?

I know bad tings go on in Mental Hospitals too and someone at my bro's old Handicapped School was caught when askin a handicapped boy if he could touch his .......... well u get the idea.....

Its Power over the Vulnerable

Back
Top Bottom