I am just tired of them all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just cannot take it anymore.

I think our (read: the US) government needs to be fully deloused, emptied, thrown out.

Republicans, Democrats, the whole lot. I think they are doing more harm to our beloved nation than good, and I fear unless these warhorses are removed, this rollercoaster ride of joy will be ended.

So what is going on now, the Democrats have "hijacked" the Senate becasue they want to know why our mothers, daughters, sisters, brothers, fathers, and friends are being killed in a country with no end-game, vision, or wanting of our Western beliefs?

And what the hell have the Democrats really done? Did they not vote for this war?

And the White House and its various evil tentacles all being indicted for revealing the CIA agent (god what a dumb move), and those horrible Supreme Court Justice nominations?

And DeLay's attorneys trying to remove the judge from the case becasue he is a Democrat and has "different political opinions" than the defendant?" I mean - is that really what our judicial system has come to?

I am just seing flaw after flaw after flaw with our government, from almost every side, party, and person involved.

I have pretty much given up hope with those who are ruling this country now, and cannot wait until 2008. I pretty much do not even care who is elected, I am just hoping the majority of the people involved now are gone.

I just do not see any good coming out of those fuckers whom we elected.

I am tired and rambling, and not making much sense. I just simply do not understand all these stories coming out of DC.

ugh.

bye.

:down:

I'm tired of the crap too:| you cannot believe ANYTHING at all...the news...nothing.

I agree to an extent, but it about f$****$ time the Democrats hauled out their balls and took a stand. Give em hell Harry.

The war was voted on by both parties, but the con was on the American people (most).

A lovely angle from one of my favorite lefty bloggs:

Reid's assault on Senate GOP
by kos
Tue Nov 01, 2005 at 12:50:37 PM PDT
As the post below notes, Reid asked the Senate to go into special session on intelligence -- that is, a closed session -- to discuss prewar intelligence. This mostion, along with a second (provided by Durbin), requires all Senators to report to the Senate floor. It is a non-debatable motion.

Cue in lots of hystrionics from Frist and company. Republicans whined that this was a violation of Senate tradition. This coming from the gang that wants to eliminate the judicial filibuster. Frist whined that he wasn't consulted. As though Democrats have had a seat at the table in this Congress. They want to play hardball? Fine. Reid sent notice that he can play that game as well.

Frist whined, "Senator Daschle never did anything like this." Damn right. A new sheriff is in town.

Now, this is more than a temporary stunt. The Democratic leadership has promised to call a special session in the Senate every single day until Republicans alllow for a real investigation.

So let's see what we have here --

Democrats showing leadership and fight. Very nice. Democrats creating a media narrative around Republican stonewalling of a real investigation into pre-war intelligence. Also very nice. Republicans getting a taste of things to come if they initiate the nuclear option? Very crafty.

They are currently still in special session.

my bold

ouizy said:

I think our (read: the US) government needs to be fully deloused, emptied, thrown out.

:down:

i hear you and agree with most everything you said

i don't have a side in this shit storm

it is easy for me to see how quickly this admin (with control of both houses) is running this once great country into the ground

that is why I critique them so much
they have their slimy hands on the controls and are greedy, lying scumbags

This experiment called America may well be on the way out

With hatred and greed as the invisible double shot gun being crammed down our willing collective throats

So do something. If you can't stand it, either leave, or do something, be active. It's why I'm active, because I feel it's the best way to get things done rather than sit on the sidelines and complain.

U2democrat said:
So do something. If you can't stand it, either leave, or do something, be active. It's why I'm active, because I feel it's the best way to get things done rather than sit on the sidelines and complain.

I wanna do both:angry:

its more than that I think...everything is just so outta control.

U2democrat said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I think most of our dilemmas are from the fact that we have no party to identify with.

Republicans - evil incarnate
Democrats - evil incarnate-lite
Greens - unrealistic hippies
Libertarians - unrealistic Ayn Rand acolytes

Pretty much, there's no party of common sense.

Melon

:shrug:

If that's your point of view. Certainly I don't think the parties are perfect and are in vast need of improvement but I definitely would not take that extreme of an opinion. To quote John Mellencamp, "Nothing lasts forever thank God for change."

melon said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I think most of our dilemmas are from the fact that we have no party to identify with.

Republicans - evil incarnate
Democrats - evil incarnate-lite
Greens - unrealistic hippies
Libertarians - unrealistic Ayn Rand acolytes

Pretty much, there's no party of common sense.

Melon

It's time to form the Melonocrats:wink: The party of common sense!

This is so Australia at the moment. Bush Jr has literally gone fucking mad. Seriously. He needs help. No one seems particularly bothered by his utter derailment, but his ongoing plight in IR and anti terrorism bullshit is going to (has to) come to a head soon enough. The Liberal party's opposition is just as fucked, however. We've got extremely bipolar governments here as all states are Labour but we lucked out with Bush Jr federally. Anyone who voted for him deserves the new IR changes he is trying for. Infact, I wish it upon them.

Fuck it. I dont even know where to start fucking complaining. And if I hear one more word on this goddamned cross city tunnel, I'm going to run a sharp instrument through someone.

:|

Angela Harlem said:
This is so Australia at the moment. Bush Jr has literally gone fucking mad. Seriously. He needs help. No one seems particularly bothered by his utter derailment, but his ongoing plight in IR and anti terrorism bullshit is going to (has to) come to a head soon enough. The Liberal party's opposition is just as fucked, however. We've got extremely bipolar governments here as all states are Labour but we lucked out with Bush Jr federally. Anyone who voted for him deserves the new IR changes he is trying for. Infact, I wish it upon them.

Fuck it. I dont even know where to start fucking complaining. And if I hear one more word on this goddamned cross city tunnel, I'm going to run a sharp instrument through someone.

:|

i feel your pain.

but i still wish i were australian.

;)

ouizy said:

So what is going on now, the Democrats have "hijacked" the Senate becasue they want to know why our mothers, daughters, sisters, brothers, fathers, and friends are being killed in a country with no end-game, vision, or wanting of our Western beliefs?

And what the hell have the Democrats really done? Did they not vote for this war?

And the White House and its various evil tentacles all being indicted for revealing the CIA agent (god what a dumb move), and those horrible Supreme Court Justice nominations?

And DeLay's attorneys trying to remove the judge from the case becasue he is a Democrat and has "different political opinions" than the defendant?" I mean - is that really what our judicial system has come to?

Sorry, but I fail to understand your point. Most of what you have listed are signs of a healthy democracy at work.

Would you prefer a one party state where there was no debate about anything?

unfortunately, i think you do feel our pain, irvine. i like every american person i've ever met, but honestly, i dont want my country to be a mirror of yours and we are dangerously close to becoming that. howard is hell bent on removing what people have fought so bloody hard for for the last 15 or so years in industrial relations by getting rid of workers rights and crying that our economy cannot cope long term with the current system. the alternative is going to cripple us. it will remove workers rights, rights which as he so happily points out, can be fought, but who can afford to with no union support? what process worker can afford to hire a lawyer to get back their job when they fought their boss over annual leave? what working mother is going to pay a laywer to get back her 2-3 days job share arrangement which is now to be abolished? australia currently has the most flexible working envrinment of any country. we are going to lose it all so we can become a baby america. i could rant about these IR changes all day, but i'll stop. i could rant all day in general. but that wont achieve anything. much like trying to fight it.

:sigh:

but still, it would be cool if you were australian :wink:

Re: Re: I am just tired of them all.

financeguy said:

Sorry, but I fail to understand your point. Most of what you have listed are signs of a healthy democracy at work.

Would you prefer a one party state where there was no debate about anything?

It just would have been nice if the debate had started before Bush fucked up so royally.

Angela Harlem said:
but still, it would be cool if you were australian :wink:

i do a really crap aussie accent.

and Nicole Kidman has been in DC these past few days filming her movie "The Vanishing." something about UFO's?

your country just looks like fun -- all the one-dimensional stereotypes i've absorbed from 28 years of being obsessed with dolphins, the ocean, swimmers, surfers, and Foster's beer commercials have truly created a Down Under fantasyland in my little mind of surf, sun, fun, interesting animals with even more interesting names, and shirtless hot dudes tossing shrimp on the barbie.

i even went on a few dates with an Aussie. his name was Neil and he was a cancer researcher. didn't work out.

i fear as if your well thought out issues, which are very similar to what happened in the US in the early 1980s under the "reagan revolution," are doing much to soil that fun image.

please, don't ruin my illusions of Aussie Fun Land.

:sad:

Never before, said Mr. Frist, "have ever I been slapped in the face with such an affront to the leadership of this grand institution."

send this worthless crybaby packing

i would actually rather have Trent Lott back

at least he had a history of some reaching across party lines and he would not be pandering the the right-wing kooks for a 2008 prez bid

Ft. Worth Frog said:
It's time to form the Melonocrats:wink: The party of common sense!

Entering politics has entered my mind more than once lately. Most of the problem is that I don't know where to start.

Melon

What I don't understand is why countries like Australia and Canada would want to become 'more like us' when they can clearly see that it hasn't worked out well for us at all. We are a living example of what happens when you take away the social safety net.

One of my observations from spending time in Australia is that they don't have nearly the same amount of homeless people on the street, even in the big cities, compared to our cities.

I mean, are greedy politicians and the rich who always want more the only motivation here? Don't let them get away with it!

melon said:

Entering politics has entered my mind more than once lately. Most of the problem is that I don't know where to start.

Melon

Start working for local candidates...get your name and face out there. That's what I'm doing and I'm seeing it pay off.

Calluna said:
What I don't understand is why countries like Australia and Canada would want to become 'more like us' when they can clearly see that it hasn't worked out well for us at all. We are a living example of what happens when you take away the social safety net.

I've yet to meet a Canadian who wants to become more like the US. The closest I've come to are those who want less taxes, but even in those circles, they wouldn't take lower taxes if they have to take all the other crap that comes along with it.

If I were an American, I wouldn't vote. The Republicans repulse me on an unspeakable level. The Democrats are spineless with no agenda, and frankly just take marching orders from different corporate interests. The Greens are not fit to lead or govern and same goes for the Libertarians.

There is no viable option at all.

melon said:

:shame:

you are a gay and in violation of God's natural laws, therefore you are by definition unfit to hold office.

Irvine511 said:

you are by definition unfit to hold office.

Fortunately the one good thing GWB has done for this country is prove that anyone can hold office, unfit or not. :D

melon/U2democrat 2012 :up:

Let women and gays run the damn country!!!!!

I'd vote for that (will she be old enough for Vice President?)

Anitram,

I agree to an extent, but at least the Dems are finally doing somethings ballsy. I hope they shut the Senate down if the evil Hatch or the stepforn Cronym (sp) invites the nuclear option.

There seems to be, finally, an upwelling of disgust for both parties everywhere I look. This would be a perfect time for moderates to split into a third party.

:lol: i wouldn't be old enough.

I'll be 35 in the year...um...hold on I have to do the math in my head this may take awhile...november 5 2021 i will be 35. I'll be 19 in 4 days though! :hyper:

Oh well, maybe we can change the rules for you!

Happy Birthday Miss Scorpio.

No wonder your so smart. That's the same as my Grandma's.

I'm a scorpio too - hehe

Back
Top Bottom