I am concerned that Bush is taking drugs that impair judgement - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2003, 07:56 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 09:29 AM
I am concerned that Bush is taking drugs that impair judgement

C-span reported that Bush is in the last stages of diplomacy, but many callers have noticed strange facial gestures and ticks. There is the possibility he is taking prescription drugs that impair judgement, as he tries to lead us into a war with Saddam. This will lead us ALL into disaster!

Either Bush stops taking drugs, so we can rationally decide whether to invade and topple Saddam, or we should impeach Bush so that someone who does not take drugs can decide this matter with a level, sober NORMAL head. We are talking major casualties here if anything is done without clear thinking...what do the U2 fans here think should be done about the president when he does not act normally??

I hope people will feel free to say whatever is on their mind, cause i myself am very confused by this situation!

(something about this is a little silly, but on the other hand it is a real terrible problem...or do you see somthing else entirely?)

Old 03-07-2003, 08:20 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:29 AM
wasn't JFK heavily medicated also?

Old 03-07-2003, 08:59 AM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:29 AM
I believe to call it heavy would understate JFK's cocktail!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:04 AM   #4
New Yorker

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...E23929,00.html
Old 03-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #5
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:29 PM
If I were Bush right now, I'd be having rather full on spasms, not tics, so I dunno. Perhaps there is a very valid reason for this too, I dont think we should assume drugs unless there is evidence of this.
Even if ole Bush was a pill popper, no need to be saying he cant make decisions. He has been working on this for a while now and by no means works alone. We blame Bush, but think of the small army of staff he has who help him run the country and in turn decide these things. Pardon that pun too.

But yeah, if I was Bush I would likely have a drug addiction by now, possibly be an alcoholic, or borderline anyway, and no doubt would be severely suffering from lack of sleep. In other words, I'd plain look like shit. Cant say I blame him!

Interesting thread Debbie, fascinating to see where this leads!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #6
Acrobat

Re: I am concerned that Bush is taking drugs that impair judgement

Quote:
Originally posted by DebbieSG
C-span reported that Bush is in the last stages of diplomacy, but many callers have noticed strange facial gestures and ticks. There is the possibility he is taking prescription drugs that impair judgement, as he tries to lead us into a war with Saddam. This will lead us ALL into disaster!

Either Bush stops taking drugs, so we can rationally decide whether to invade and topple Saddam, or we should impeach Bush so that someone who does not take drugs can decide this matter with a level, sober NORMAL head. We are talking major casualties here if anything is done without clear thinking...what do the U2 fans here think should be done about the president when he does not act normally??

I hope people will feel free to say whatever is on their mind, cause i myself am very confused by this situation!

(something about this is a little silly, but on the other hand it is a real terrible problem...or do you see somthing else entirely?)
you're kidding me, right??
Old 03-07-2003, 11:03 AM   #7
On Thin Ice

This is a terrible thread.

Rumor has it that W. has also got an ingrown toe nail... I think we should call for an impeachment hearing because his mile has slipped above the 6 minute mark.

Beefeater
Old 03-07-2003, 11:32 AM   #8
Ghost of Love

Rumour has it Bush is still doing coke.

It would fit the profile.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 03-07-2003, 12:28 PM   #9
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Well i'm pretty sure if Bush whould drink again or use illegal drugs the Doctors and the Vice President would do his Job also they tolerated a President with Altzheimer.

Klaus
Old 03-07-2003, 12:56 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Drugs? I don't know. One need not take drugs to have lousy judgment.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:01 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Well i'm pretty sure if Bush whould drink again or use illegal drugs the Doctors and the Vice President would do his Job also they tolerated a President with Altzheimer.

Klaus
Old 03-07-2003, 08:05 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus

Klaus
Reagan wasn't diagnosed with Alzheimer's until well after he'd left office. The offspring of someone with Alzheimer's has a 50% chance of getting the disease themselves. That's the only factor in any future cases of Alzheimers as far as being able to predict whether or not someone is going to get it. When Reagan was President neither he nor anyone else had any idea he would get it someday; he didn't have it then. If you're the kid of someone with Alzheimer's it's like some horrible sentence hanging over your head, a 50% chance of getting it. I'd hate to be one of his kids based on these statistics. I may have to put up with being an autistic but I sure am glad I don't have Alzheimer's in my family. I never liked Reagan the politician but I'm truly sorry he and his family have had to put up with this nightmare disease.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:40 PM   #13
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

Reagan wasn't diagnosed with Alzheimer's until well after he'd left office. The offspring of someone with Alzheimer's has a 50% chance of getting the disease themselves. That's the only factor in any future cases of Alzheimers as far as being able to predict whether or not someone is going to get it. When Reagan was President neither he nor anyone else had any idea he would get it someday; he didn't have it then. If you're the kid of someone with Alzheimer's it's like some horrible sentence hanging over your head, a 50% chance of getting it. I'd hate to be one of his kids based on these statistics. I may have to put up with being an autistic but I sure am glad I don't have Alzheimer's in my family. I never liked Reagan the politician but I'm truly sorry he and his family have had to put up with this nightmare disease.

Thank you for saying that verte...very nice post.

I really get annoyed when people pick on a poor man with Alzheimer's and insinuate that it has anything to do with his performance in office.

If someone doesn't like Reagan, fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion but please base that dislike on something he did or didn't do while in office. Bringing Alzheimer's into it is really low and uncalled for.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:00 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

Thank you for saying that verte...very nice post.

I really get annoyed when people pick on a poor man with Alzheimer's and insinuate that it has anything to do with his performance in office.

If someone doesn't like Reagan, fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion but please base that dislike on something he did or didn't do while in office. Bringing Alzheimer's into it is really low and uncalled for.

No, it's not cool. I didn't like Reagan the politician. I went to about a thousand demonstrations protesting his administration's policies. I've kept all of my demonstration signs, all 28 of them! But of course this had nothing to do with Alzheimer's or whatever. When he was president the most famous victim of Alzheimer's was Rita Hayworth, the actress. Someone can call me an idiotic liberal hole, but please not an "autistic hole".
Old 03-07-2003, 10:24 PM   #15
Babyface