"I am a Christian first and last … I am a member of Team Jesus Christ." - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:15 AM
http://www.issues2000.org/Bill_Clinton.htm - moderate populist
http://www.issues2000.org/Al_Gore.htm - moderate populist
http://www.issues2000.org/John_Kerry.htm - Libertarian-Leaning Liberal

Old 04-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:15 AM
I can explain why I hate Tom DeLay. The man is a walking nut, and his insanity speaks for itself. All his comments about getting revenge on the judiciary for not ruling the way he wanted re: Terri Shiavo is just the icing on the cake.

But no one has really adequately described why they hate Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry. And I'm waiting.

(Note: posted before I read 80U2isBest's latest reply.)

Melon

Old 04-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America

And that just shows your bias and not the true political spectrum.
Yeah, explain how Iraq = Vietnam. Way to defend a pathological liar.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:10 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I can explain why I hate Tom DeLay. The man is a walking nut, and his insanity speaks for itself. All his comments about getting revenge on the judiciary for not ruling the way he wanted re: Terri Shiavo is just the icing on the cake.

But no one has really adequately described why they hate Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry. And I'm waiting.

Melon
Back up a few posts and you'll see why I consider them "nuts". I never said I "hate" them.

(note: posted before I read Melon's "note". )
Old 04-25-2005, 06:17 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

And that just shows your bias and not the true political spectrum.
I suppose your idea of the "true political spectrum" includes places like Communist China?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #51
War Child

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Yeah, explain how Iraq = Vietnam. Way to defend a pathological liar.
WTF?

Who's defending a "pathological liar"?

And many have noted the similarities between Iraq and Vietnam, many liberals and libertarians alike.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #52
War Child

Quote:
I suppose your idea of the "true political spectrum" includes places like Communist China?
I'm talking about the United States political system.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:

WTF?

And many have noted the similarities between Iraq and Vietnam, many liberals and libertarians alike.
There are minimal similarities between Iraq and Vietnam, there is much more in common with conflicts like the Malayan crisis or any number of other counter-insurgency campaigns.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

WTF?

Yeah - Vietnam we got our asses handed to us.
Iraq - we buried Saddam's dictatorship into the pits of hell within months.

I see the logic.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

I'm talking about the United States political system.
Allow me to repeat myself:

These are fair assessments, are they not?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #56
War Child

Quote:
Yeah - Vietnam we got our asses handed to us.
Iraq - we buried Saddam's dictatorship into the pits of hell within months.

I see the logic.
It's more about the political and the long term rather than who won or not. Anyways this is getting off topic.

All I ask is look at your own party before you start mouthing off about nuts and what not.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

It's more about the political and the long term rather than who won or not. Anyways this is getting off topic.

All I ask is look at your own party before you start mouthing off about nuts and what not.
Oh I do. Rudy Giuliani, Alan Keyes, Ann Coulter, and Mitt Romney are free to leave the republican party by all means.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #58
War Child

Quote:
Allow me to repeat myself:

These are fair assessments, are they not?
Repeat yourself until you're blue. I could get into specifics, but it's not for this thread.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Well one of the main "nutty" things about Hilary is her idea that "it takes a village to raise a child". If she simply meant that many people will have an influence on children, that would be OK. But I don't think that's what she's saying; I think she's saying that everyone in a society has a hand in raising our children; ie: imparting moral values, etc. And that's nutty to me. If I had children, I'd want no one raising my child in that way but me. That's just one thing about Hilary. I actually think she's more evil than simply "nutty".

I believe Ted Kennedy is a raving lunatic who often makes absurd accusations, such as accusing DeLay of calling for violence against the Schiavo judges. Kennedy likes to twist things in order to stir up his constituency's anger.

I believe John Kerry is a communist sympathizer who, during the Vietnam War, visited with leaders of the commuinist Vietnamese leadership party against the wishes of his own government and while there kowtowed to their wishes and portrayed the American soldiers as barbaric miscreants. He publically proclaimed that attrocities in Vietnam by American Soldiers were much much more common than they actually were. I believe that his actions were used by the North Vietnamese to fuel their hatred of, mistreatment of, and even execution of American POW.

i think i know who's the nutty one here, and it isn't Hillary, Ted, or John ...

(Hillary's completely right, though, and that's an old African saying ... i don't know who i'd be today if not for my parents, my teachers, my friend's parents, my swim coaches, my brother's friends parents, my grandparents, my neighbors, etc. i think the most insane parents are those who think they can do it all on their own and think that they know best for their child ... maybe, but trust me, the smart parents read books, take classes, and seek help when needed, and i say this having extensive experience teaching and coaching; kids do best with a variety of influences and feelings of community connectedness)

(DeLay said that judges will have to "one day answer" for their rulings, and this was echoed by Sen. Cronyn from Texas saying that he totally understood recent courtroom violence because, gosh, these activist judges are out of control; both are examples of hugely irresponsible behavior and language coming from elected politicians and both should have to retract their statements and issue apologies and be held accountable should some Schiavo nut bump off a judge in the future)

(Kerry is a 100% legit vietnam war hero who saw the folly of the US government and did the right thing -- to come back hom and do what he could to get our troops out of there ... communist sympathizer? please, please -- point to a shred of evidence to support such a piece of nonsense rather than this fact-free "i believe" refrain.)
Old 04-25-2005, 08:24 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i think i know who's the nutty one here, and it isn't Hillary, Ted, or John ...
Irvine, for someone who preaches tolerance, you are one of the least tolerant people in these forums. And you're rude, also. Have I ever made any personal insults against you?

Quote:

(Hillary's completely right, though, and that's an old African saying ... i don't know who i'd be today if not for my parents, my teachers, my friend's parents, my swim coaches, my brother's friends parents, my grandparents, my neighbors, etc. i think the most insane parents are those who think they can do it all on their own and think that they know best for their child ... maybe, but trust me, the smart parents read books, take classes, and seek help when needed, and i say this having extensive experience teaching and coaching; kids do best with a variety of influences and feelings of community connectedness)
As I stated in my own post, Irvine. "Influence" is one thing, but what Hilary suggests goes beyond "influence".

Quote:
(DeLay said that judges will have to "one day answer" for their rulings,
And this translates into a call for violence HOW? You are making the same logical stretch Ted made. Has it ever occurred to you that he was talking about divine justice?

Quote:
(Kerry is a 100% legit vietnam war hero who saw the folly of the US government and did the right thing -- to come back hom and do what he could to get our troops out of there ... communist sympathizer? please, please -- point to a shred of evidence to support such a piece of nonsense rather than this fact-free "i believe" refrain.)
It's not just what I believe. These are credible accusations. Watch the movie "Stolen Honor" sometime.

http://www.stolenhonor.com/