I accuse....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem

Babyface
I accuse the responsibles of this forum of censorship.
I accuse the responsibles of this forum of anti-liberty of speech by closing several threads, without giving any reason.

Internet as not beomce national-net yet.

------------------
Le peuple uni, jamais ne sera vaincu
The people united, will never be defeated
El pueblo unido, nunca se derrote

This has been argued over heaps in the past, and I think the mods have come to the conclusion that any thread will stay unless it reaches the point where it is nothing but a shit fight, or its achieving nothing and going round in circles. Also if a thread tends to swerve way off topic and loses its purpose of debate, its prolly best they get closed.
There's a difference between debating and fighting you'd have to agree.

I completely agree with you, but I was refering to MissZooropa's topic, about the United States listing terrorists all over the world. To me, there was some little pretentious bashing, but nothing important to the point of shutting the topic down without giving any reason at all. Liberty of speech ? Yes... but for some people I guess.

------------------

I've been around this forum enough to know that this thread will be closed.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Yeah, I was wondering why that topic was closed too. I'm not criticising the mods decision, I just wondered why. Thanks.

And I'd posted something about immigration/refugees/asylum seekers - would it be okay if I started another post about that? I think it might be an interesting issue to have a discussion on but I don't want to start another thread if that was one of the reasons for the previous one being closed. Thanks in advance if someone answers.

Gem I agree with you on that bit. I had actually spent quite a bit of time replying to that only to find it had been closed in the time it took me to type it.

And Whizz, I think it would be great if you started an asylum seeker thread. Ive wanted to do one for a few weeks now, but kinda wasnt sure. If you start one, Id love to discuss it with you. Im about to hit the hay, but come tomorrow when Im fresh as a daisy, Id love to read what everyone else thinks about it.

Maybe we could have a talk about this over at Don't Expect, Suggest? It's got to be annoying for the mods to have this discussed all over the place, so maybe we could air all the pros, cons and opinions over there, once and for all? Maybe we could agree on some guidelines that we can all live with, including the moddies?

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Some folks have suggested that I escaped from an asylum.

hoo
hah

db9

You did not ? Heemmmm...

Maybe we could ask the mods wich subject we can talk about and the ones who are forbiden.

------------------

I wasn't done with that thread either. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am always astounded the way threads get closed around here. What's the point of even having a debate section if debates aren't really allowed unless they're sweet and pretty? Debates get heated, everyone gets pissed off, then they get over it. We don't need threads closed just because things get heated. We're not in high school.

I's surprised to check in this morning.. and see it was closed as well.. WHO? closed it?.. I think that's at least worthy of knowing.. because as we all know, the Moderators aren't this unified group.. that acts as one at all times..
Just wondering..

L.Unplugged

T'wasnt me.

I personally get tired of everyone in this forum bitching when threads get closed, so I dont even bother anymore.

mmm,
I didn't close it either

but since mods suck in general anyway you are allowed to blame me

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

wasn't me, I've been too busy to bother.

Let's all blame Salome
wink.gif

Originally posted by Klodomir:
Maybe we could have a talk about this over at Don't Expect, Suggest? It's got to be annoying for the mods to have this discussed all over the place, so maybe we could air all the pros, cons and opinions over there, once and for all? Maybe we could agree on some guidelines that we can all live with, including the moddies?

The topic was exhausted and the thread became nothing more than personal attacks. This was NOT censorship. I believe you know damn well the policy on opening new threads based on closed ones. This is a warning.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Go Irish!

Ooop.. I meant to change another of mine... Ah let's see if I can remember what I had here... Oh Yes.. Moderators.. yours is a thankless job, and we're all guilty of bitching and moaning, but I think people are puzzled about the closing of the last one.. It didn't seem much different than many other threads out there.. Maybe it was just the inclusion of the word 'ludacris'..

Hahaha.. Living here in a hip hop american society.. I've forgotten the true spellings of such words..

L.Unplugged
~Word of Mouf

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-16-2002).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom