Hypothetical question about the this tragic day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the real question is "why the hell didn't they"? They had to have known when those planes veered sharply off course that something was wrong. I believe they knew they were hijacked. And to happen twice?

I pray the passengers were at ease with their/the spirit and felt no pain.

Originally posted by z edge:
I think the real question is "why the hell didn't they"?
the first real question is: "Where would the plane have crashed had it been shot down?"

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I already said in Klodomirs thread in EYKIW I wouldn't be surprised if they shot down the plane in Pensylvania.

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by z edge:
I think the real question is "why the hell didn't they"?
the first real question is: "Where would the plane have crashed had it been shot down?"

I am thinking out at sea, before it reached its target.

And if the plane did not come across the sea, then you shoot it down in the LEAST populated area as possible.

With one of the planes at least, I suspect they would have known something when it took that sharp turn.

I just saw on the news that they wouldn't have had nearly enough time to do anything.

There was communication between the cockpit and the airport. But it was right before the crash.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

I think you would have no choice but to shoot it down. If you already know those people on the plane are going to be dead because they're about to crash into a building... and kill 50,000+ that are in the building.... at least try to save the people and the building. Granted if there was enough time to do so.

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 09-11-2001).]

If you were in command and you knew a hijacked plane was headed towards one of the buildings, would you decide to shoot it down with the innocent passengers?

As sad as a situation as it would be, I'd half to order the plane to be shot down.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

Back
Top Bottom