Hyperspace- Ten Dimensional Theory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hermes

Acrobat
I wondered if anyone could recomend any good books on the subject of Ten Dimensional theory and beyond. OR if there were any journals or web sites where I could find some info.

The books I have read seem sorely lacking...

------------------
Steve
Same Old Story-

I'm liking you more and more with each topic you post, hermes!
1book.gif

Hawking has a small mention of ten and twenty six dimensions in A Brief History of Time (beginning on page 219). He refers to them as string theories. A quick internet search of string theory produced several sites, with the following ones looking rather interesting:
http://www.superstringtheory.com/index.html
http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~jpierre/strings/

This one has a forum that looks pretty active ---> http://www.psyclops.com/hawking/

So, if you haven't tried, search string or superstring theories, you may find what you're looking for and it might be in the 17th dimesion .

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way. Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono - Houston, Texas 4-2-01

... ok, I feel stupid now.. I once tried to read "A Brief History Of Time", and after about 20 pages I was lost... My brain hurt.
... But... "I'm an excellent driver!!.. Uh oh! Uuuuuh oh! Five minutes til Wopner!"

tongue.gif

WOW, thanks for all the responses,

Like O2- those look like cool links, I will have to start diving into them. I have to re-read a Brief History of Time, it's been sitting on my bookshelf since my mom made me read a long time ago.

Zooman91- I've read Kaku's Hyperspace and have been looking for something more indepth than that, so I am looking forward to wading thru his website.

thank you

Umm, any chance someone knows of a place for a nice summary of the Kabbalah? There are planty of sites, but I just need the gleaming...

------------------
Steve
Same Old Story-

Do you like spacecake
smile.gif

Why do you think hyperspace is importaint ? If
you look at the brief history of the human kind
on earth, we will distroy everything in space whit
a big bang.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by hermes:
More importantly, what do you all think about Ten dimensional theory? String Theory? Others?

Well, most days I don't even like dealing with the three dimensional world, which is why I spend so much in here with you two dimensional people. Not enough time or energy to contemplate strings or superstrings.

You're right that A Brief History can be a tough read. Have you read Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan? I think you'd really enjoy it and you can get through it without a dictionary in one hand a cup of hot black coffee in the other.

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way. Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono - Houston, Texas 4-2-01

Back
Top Bottom