Hurray for Bird Droppings (Yes, this is real)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Law: A US citizen can take possession of any foreign, uninhabited island, as long as it contains bird droppings.

Citation: TITLE 48 - TERRITORIES AND INSULAR POSSESSIONS
CHAPTER 8 - GUANO ISLANDS
Sec. 1411. Guano districts; claim by United States

Whenever any citizen of the United States discovers a deposit of guano on any island, rock, or key, not within the lawful jurisdiction of any other government, and not occupied by the citizens of any other government, and takes peaceable possession thereof, and occupies the same, such island, rock, or key may, at the discretion of the President, be considered as appertaining to the United States.

Explanation: Guano was once a valuable fertilizer for farmers, and to obtain as much as possible at a low cost, the US government passed this law in the mid 1800s. Such islands that were annexed under this act include: Jarvis Island, Howland Island, Christmas Island, Midway Island, and Baker Island.

Source: http://www.dumblaws.com/laws.php?site=laws&cid=184

I had a bird poop in my purse in San Marco Square...luckily it landed on a plastic bag inside. My advice: don't stand underneath the ledges of the building.

Anyone collect bird droppings? Send me a few because I'm going to look for some unclaimed land. It's not treason to bring the bird droppings with you, is it? :combust: :blahblah:

I'll just say the bird droppings have already exploded if you get what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom