Hunter S. Thompson dead at 67

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, there is not much to say about this one except there are a few of us that will really miss Hunter.

Yes, he abused drugs, alcohol, and almost everything else he could get his hands on, and yes this was probably inevitable, but I did not think it would happen at such a young age for him.

As strange as it sounds, I hope that this was not a mistake (i.e. that it was a fluke as the outcome of heavy drug use), but that he actually meant this to be the result of his actions.

He was quirky, he was brilliant, and those are things no one can take away from him.

However tragic, he was a man who lived his own destiny, and if this is what he wanted his destiny to be, so be it.

I feel bad for his family as suicide is the final selfish maneuver, but I do hope he is where he wants to be now.

Bye Gonzo.

-Ouizy

Thompson had been in pain from back surgery and an artificial hip. And he had broken his leg on a recent trip to Hawaii.

"He said he was executing a hairpin turn at the minibar when he broke it," said Hooper, who said he was acting as the family's spokesman. "Hunter was one of the literary giants of the 20th century. We are all just shocked."

no judgement

just appreciation for what he contributed

i was devastated when i heard the news last night.

i remember quoting him back and forth with you in the past, ouizy.

this is a man who will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom