Humbled By Nothing! Come down here God and I will gladly....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Float Like a butterfly and sting like a bee all over you!

I feel like Lt. Dan:

[Q]Lt. Dan: "That's all these cripples down at the V.A.... That's all they ever talk about. Jesus this and Jesus that. Heh. Have I found Jesus? They even had a priest come and talk to me. He said God is listening, but I have to help myself. Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the kingdom of heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk... beside him in the kingdom of heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening? What a crock of bleep." [/Q]

[Q]Lt. Dan: "You'll never sink this boat!"
Forrest: "Now, me, I was scared, but Lieutenant Dan, he was mad."
Lt. Dan: "Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch, blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me! Ha ha! Ha ha! You'll never sink... this... boat! Ha ha ha ha!" [/Q]

Bring it the fuck on!

Dreadsox said:
Float Like a butterfly and sting like a bee all over you!

I feel like Lt. Dan:

[Q]Lt. Dan: "That's all these cripples down at the V.A.... That's all they ever talk about. Jesus this and Jesus that. Heh. Have I found Jesus? They even had a priest come and talk to me. He said God is listening, but I have to help myself. Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the kingdom of heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk... beside him in the kingdom of heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening? What a crock of bleep." [/Q]

[Q]Lt. Dan: "You'll never sink this boat!"
Forrest: "Now, me, I was scared, but Lieutenant Dan, he was mad."
Lt. Dan: "Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch, blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me! Ha ha! Ha ha! You'll never sink... this... boat! Ha ha ha ha!" [/Q]

Bring it the fuck on!

Hmmm...just a word of caution - are you really prepared for what you are asking?

I hope this doesn't sound insulting, but my prayers are with you.

I know what I am saying.....and I have faith I can take what hand I am dealt.

You tell 'em dread, but I hope this ain't like pitching to David Ortiz in the bottom of the 9th when he's the winning run at the plate...actually in that situation I think God would walk Ortiz.

CTU2fan said:
You tell 'em dread, but I hope this ain't like pitching to David Ortiz in the bottom of the 9th when he's the winning run at the plate...actually in that situation I think God would walk Ortiz.

I think you are right!

God helps those who put on the rally caps, cowboy the fuck up, and deal with all the shit he throws at them.

rock the fuck on, Dread.

Didnt LT Dan find god in the end and didnt Lt Dan walk in the end?

Forest Gump = Ace

My tutor said Forest Gump was a stupid film " its all about a geeky american man ", it made me cry:sad:

God and I have some talking to do....Lt. Dan did in the end....I am not at the end yet.

I am not Job either.

My thoughts are with you and my empathy more than you know. Let Him have it and save some for me.

I've got 2 things to say.

Dread, I hope you find peace in God.

And Se7en, Cherone kicks Vedder's heiney. :wink:

80sU2isBest said:
I've got 2 things to say.

Dread, I hope you find peace in God.

And Se7en, Cherone kicks Vedder's heiney. :wink:

Thank you!

Hmm...I am still here....I must not be screaming loud enough....

Stop hiding and come out! Chickenshit.

How about this one....

God only gives people the things they can handle.....

What a crock of shite.

Dreadsox said:
How about this one....

God only gives people the things they can handle.....

What a crock of shite.

In some delusional world, God only gives people the things they can handle. Only beaten by "Everything happens for a reason."
Both of them fucking crocks of shit. Empty, hurtful words.

Stay strong, Dread. You carry a great burden.:hug:
And sometimes let somebody take care of you.

I haven't posted here much lately. Can I ask what's up, Dreadsox?

You're in my prayers. Hang in there. And yes, get mad at God. He doesn't mind. :wink:

I had the same question, not that it's any of my business. A comment which might be comforting (or at least harmlessly ineffectual) in the case of some kinds of suffering might come across as a patronizing slap in the face in the case of others.

Regardless, I will keep you in my prayers also.

Prayers are all that is necessary. Prayers.

I am angry at God, not for myself...But I am for a family, for my students, for a child.

No talk of God's will or its part of the plan, or even blaming original sin will make any of this better. There are no words that come to my mind that will help me comfort them.

The next week for the community will be a long one.

Peace

Hey Dread,

I don't know your, or what is going on, but there are many times I've felt the same way you do right now.

I am praying for you. And if you find comfort in nothing else, find it in knowing that all of us in this thread have you in our thoughts and/or prayers, and hope the best possible outcome for you. :hug:

Dreadsox said:
Prayers are all that is necessary. Prayers.

I am angry at God, not for myself...But I am for a family, for my students, for a child.

No talk of God's will or its part of the plan, or even blaming original sin will make any of this better. There are no words that come to my mind that will help me comfort them.

The next week for the community will be a long one.

Peace

Forever Young
by Renee 'nay' Kristen Kristen

Trapped in the glorious years
within the memory of belief, lost of all grief.
Take the reasons,
which once seemed so clear,
but never mind, you have nothing to fear.
For you my friend will be, forever young,
Forever in the heart of memories.

Lost in the glory of all time,
the wisdom was there within that smile,
You see you could have told us,
there within lies the mystery.

So shed a smile, and grin a tear,
For you my friend, will be,
Forever young, Forever young.
Forever in the heart of memory,
We see not through or misery.
Forever young, forever young.
There's a new angel tonight.

http://www.netpoets.com/poems/death/1410001.htm

Today, prayers for family, friends, students and community are needed.

And God, if you are listening and have a moment, there are many who need your comfort this week.

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:
Today, prayers for family, friends, students and community are needed.

And God, if you are listening and have a moment, there are many who need your comfort this week.

Hang in there, Dread. Praying for all of you.

I am now officially adding Fox News reports to my list of Satan's helpers.

The National team was already on my list....

I did not realize that they reproduced through local affiliates.

Dreadsox said:
Hmm...I am still here....I must not be screaming loud enough....

Stop hiding and come out! Chickenshit.

Dread, as I said earlier, I hope you do find peace with God.

I mean the following in the most respectful way possible, and I am offering these words because I believe they will help.

When did you start asking for answers on this particular subject? Did you start out the way you are now, "in God's face, calling him names", or was it peaceful in the beginning? How long a period of "non- answers" did you endure before stepping it up to this level?

When you asked him for answers, did you approach it in the attitude of expecting an answer, or did you think from the beginning that you were just spinning your wheels? If you expect to hear an answer, and are desiring to be in God's will, he will answer you. It may not be immediate, and the answer may be a simple "have faith", but he will answer you. However, if you never really expected an answer in the first place, if you didn't have faith that he would answer you, you probably wouldn't hear the answer.

Back
Top Bottom