Humbled By Nothing! Come down here God and I will gladly....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[Q]Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Dread, as I said earlier, I hope you do find peace with God.

I mean the following in the most respectful way possible, and I am offering these words because I believe they will help.[/Q]

You have never been anythingbut respectful. I value your opinions even when I have not agreed.

[Q]When did you start asking for answers on this particular subject? Did you start out the way you are now, "in God's face, calling him names", or was it peaceful in the beginning? How long a period of "non- answers" did you endure before stepping it up to this level?[/Q]

I am just plain angry right now. I cannot find peace. I find joy in my own children, and marriage, and I am clinging to that. I am angry at God.

[Q]When you asked him for answers, did you approach it in the attitude of expecting an answer, or did you think from the beginning that you were just spinning your wheels? If you expect to hear an answer, and are desiring to be in God's will, he will answer you. It may not be immediate, and the answer may be a simple "have faith", but he will answer you. However, if you never really expected an answer in the first place, if you didn't have faith that he would answer you, you probably wouldn't hear the answer.
[/Q]

It has been a week of why. It has been a week of please help this family. It has been a week of what the hell do I say to console a community when I do not know what to say.....

My best response...to play kickball at recess...A bandaid/distraction to thier pain.

:( Matt, I'm sure you are consoling the community more than you realize...

I will pray for the family and pray that you find peace while you are in the position to be a consoler when you don't feel there is any way possible to do so. :hug:

BostonAnne said:

I will pray for the family and pray that you find peace while you are in the position to be a consoler when you don't feel there is any way possible to do so. :hug:

That's very lovely and caring.:up:

BostonAnne said:

Thank you Anne.

We need to hook up asgain soon.

Peace.

On Loan You have joined a privileged few,

God lent a precious
child to you.

Fair of face, filled with
His grace.

Heaven’s light is
in their eyes,

A miracle no one denies.

How quick we are to call them "mine"

But remember, they’re on loan for just a time.

God may have need of
the angel He lent,

So savor each second
that angel is sent.

There is a reason,
when time is brief,

Everyone questions,
why such grief?

Someday the answers
will come,

But perhaps not until our time is done.

Remember they are just