Humankind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teta040 said:
You also have to remember..NOBODY likes the age they live in. Everyone looks back to a "golden age" that doesn't exist.

"Foucault's Pendulum" makes a joke about that. Everyone feels as if they were born in the wrong era.

Melon

Wrong question. Haven't we been saying that a "delusional fantasy era" does not exist?
Maybe we could ask everyone to name one single year they'd have liked to live in, and give reasons why.

Mine, probably 1993.

Mid 60's to Mid 70's. East Coast, West Coast. What a musical period. It had the fantasy element even then. Herbal perhaps:wink:

I want to live in the distant future, where I'm a transcendant energy being and time-space is officially meaningless. :sexywink:

melon

I don't think I fully appreciated the 1990s when they were actually happening. That time seems like paradise compared to what things are like now, both politically and culturally.

Teta040 said:
Wrong question. Haven't we been saying that a "delusional fantasy era" does not exist?
Maybe we could ask everyone to name one single year they'd have liked to live in, and give reasons why.

Mine, probably 1993.

2017, because by then, I will have subjugated the world and will be the Benevolent Dictator of the Planet. U2 will be injected with the serum of youth so they can play concerts for me and my family in our palace's theatre every night.

:drool:

Saracene said:

Could I be your loyal underling in charge of, say, Russia?

I wanted Russia for myself ... but if you can convince Melbourne and the rest of Victoria to surrender without offering any resistance, I can be persuaded otherwise. :wink:

I'll agree with Angela, there's both good and bad parts of all decades. Personally, I'd like to be in Britain in the 60s, or late 70s/early 80s, for no other reason than the fact that the music coming out then just totally rocked and I would've enjoyed seeing bands I love that were just starting out :p.

But seriously, as for the topic at hand, there's days I watch the news and just get frustrated with some people, but at the same time, I refuse to lose hope and faith in humanity. I know there are good people out there-my family's experienced the kindness of strangers on numerous occasions, and plus, in the huge pile of bad news stories I do occasionally hear the good one squeak through every now and again, and I really do think most people in this world are safe to be around. It's only a few loons that tend to marr the image of the human race sometimes, which I think is rather sad and unfair. Plus, this hope keeps my sanity going :p.

So yeah, I'm a "glass half-full" kind of girl in regards to this subject :up: :).

Angela

Like many people it's 50/50 for me. There are some incredibly atrocious effed up things that go on in this world and there's also breathtakingly beautiful soul stirring evidence of goodness. The image that comes to mind is a seesaw. I accept that this is the way humans are as unacceptable as it may be at times.

Belle Chanson

Back
Top Bottom