human prejudice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rivergoat

War Child
seeing the AIDS day stuff, and knowing how Bono (+and everyone else it seems) is trying to help out poor folks and folks with AIDS around the world, it kinda made me wonder...

are we humanocentric? must we see every human being as a person, rather than part of the species? what I'm driving at is that is it so terrible to think that humans just might NEED to eliminate their own numbers? I'm not talking Africa, I'm talking the world (remembering an article I saw in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution over the holidays about humans' propensity for war)...

it IS terrible what is happening to these INDIVIDUALS, whether they be war casualties, AIDS casualties, poverty casualites, etc.... but is it just a balance of the species on this earth? have we grown so numerous on this planet that such things are inevitable?

argh, rambling, hope you get my meaning, don't take me wrong...

much love

goat

}:)~

Hi rivergoat.. I think this topic might be better suited for Free Your Mind so I'll move it there.

There seems to be a school of thought out there, or maybe several schools, that claim in some ways that some human lives are more important than others. What is it that makes some lives more important, to some people, than others? Race? Religion? Place of birth? All of this stuff is arbritrary. The biologists kicked "race" concepts out of their textbooks. It's some arbritrary value that some people put on certain lives. But this is empty in the final analysis. Human lives matter, period.

verte76 said:
There seems to be a school of thought out there, or maybe several schools, that claim in some ways that some human lives are more important than others. What is it that makes some lives more important, to some people, than others? Race? Religion? Place of birth? All of this stuff is arbritrary. The biologists kicked "race" concepts out of their textbooks. It's some arbritrary value that some people put on certain lives. But this is empty in the final analysis. Human lives matter, period.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom