Human clonage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manu Chao

Babyface
Last week was the announcment by an Italian medic guy who says he will devellop a technology so he'll be able to clone human in order "to help couples who can't have children". He also stated that if he can't do it on land, he'll go in international waters to do so.

First of all, I don't believe his reason 'to help couples'. There is already other ways to "make" a human for couples who can't.

Second, he also stated that animal cloning is already ok because of Dolly, the clone-sheep. This sheep is, I believe, a 'miracle of technology'... and even though, Dolly is having a lot of health problems (getting old too fast is one). Much of the clone-animals are dying before even getting born, or die when they get born or die days or months after from problematic formation.

I believe such a technology (as well as for animal clonage) is strongly against the natural evolution of the species. It could take just a little bit of whatever to litteraly corrupt a specie. How can we problaim that we have the right to do so ? That is, I believe, surpassing nature, God (for the believers in a God) and our right. Are we elevate to a state of some God to say we have the right to do so, without official public debate on the question, without public studies or inspections ?

We're here, in front of a silent universe... we're nothing in it, merely rejectable in this big black universe... and we act like a God, like we can control it.

------------------
=HJ Clandestino=

"Hell is other people" - Jean-Paul Sartre

"There's no shame in preferring happiness." - Albert Camus

"Let us be realists... let us insist on the impossible". - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

"Give in to temptation before it goes away" - ?picure

This is the arrogance of mankind though isn't it.

The presumption that we have the right to mess with what ever we like or that we should be able to control everything
cos we're the dominant species.

Unfortunately, it will be the dominant species that eventually kills this planet.

Manu Chao,
An amazing thing has happened. We agree on something.

80sU2isBest, another amazing this happened last week or the week before... I agreeded with a decision from the Republican Government : No human clonage on the US soil... well, even though the decision was voted by the Congress, with a Democrat majority, it's still a Republican Government.

Clonage of anything is, in my opinion, arrogance, perhaps not a wanted one, litteraly against the natural evolution.

------------------
=HJ Clandestino=

"Hell is other people" - Jean-Paul Sartre

"There's no shame in preferring happiness." - Albert Camus

"Let us be realists... let us insist on the impossible". - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

"Give in to temptation before it goes away" - ?picure

Anyone remember the Ricardo Moltalban caharacter in the old Star Trek series, and in "The Wrath of Khan".

Hmmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom